Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Hey everyone! Virtue and Moir being interviewed by phone on CBC right now during the Junior Worlds coverage. She says it was cramps in her calf at 4CC and they probably just pushed themselves too much trying to increase their speed and power leading up to the competition. She also says she is not worried because they have a great team around them (doctors, physiotherapists etc) to take care of them and they have been able to manage the last few years and they know what works and she is training at 100%. This is good news!

Of course the scary thing is that she said they didn't expect the cramping to happen in competition - which makes me a bit worried. It sounds like what I expected - she and her team have been concentrating a great deal of effort in managing the pain in her legs - and despite that - the pain can still flair up when it isn't wanted.
    Thank you very much! Here is the video for those interested http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Top+...ort=MostRecent. (Did anybody else hear a dog bark right after Tessa started talking?)
    Last edited by Shayii; 03-03-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I also definitely got the feeling that Scott wanted to continue when she didn't do the lift. It looked to me like he was yelling "come on come on come on" to her before they stopped.

what? i didnt see that at all

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Thank you very much! Here is the video for those interested http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Top+...ort=MostRecent. (Did anybody else hear a dog bark right after Tessa started talking?)
    tessa sounded so....awkward when she was talking about cecs

maybe scott was trying to make her laugh in the background

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post

what? i didnt see that at all

tessa sounded so....awkward when she was talking about cecs

Did Scott say anything? Sorry, I haven't listened yet.

vCash
    Someone posted it on YT http://youtu.be/Nl1uEQrOnlI And yes, a dog barked in the background

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Someone posted it on YT http://youtu.be/Nl1uEQrOnlI And yes, a dog barked in the background
    Thanks! I thing we could understand a lotfrom Scott voice. But still hope they could enjoy every moment of this WCh and its great they understand this WCh is will be uniuqe fro them
    And now we have what to do during this 7 days before WCh in London - a lot of speculations this was Tessas dog or Scott

And i think new article about W-P look to me similar to the ice-dance.com article about modern in ice dance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    And now we have what to do during this 7 days before WCh in London - a lot of speculations this was Tessas dog or Scott
    Haha Well, in my opinion, dog's voice seemed "big" and so I think the dog for itself is big. I don't think they can have a big dog in such small apartments what they have in Canton, so maybe they both were in London or Ilderton with their parents? They have big houses, and so they can have big dogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Haha Well, in my opinion, dog's voice seemed "big" and so I think the dog for itself is big. I don't think they can have a big dog in such small apartments what they have in Canton, so maybe they both were in London or Ilderton with their parents? They have big houses, and so they can have big dogs.
    I wonder if they were in the same house or if it was a three way call.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    I wonder if they were in the same house or if it was a three way call.
    im pretty sure they were together
    like i said before it seems like scott was making her laugh (its either that or she is holding back tears but it sounds like an awkward/nervous laugh to me - more like a giggle/exhale)
    it kinda reminds me of their SO-tv interview where tessa is like "stevie i can see scott laughing"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks! I thing we could understand a lotfrom Scott voice. But still hope they could enjoy every moment of this WCh and its great they understand this WCh is will be uniuqe fro them
    I am quite a disaster, Pani, I didn't read anything special into Scott's voice. I also didn't see Scott looking like he was yelling at Tessa before they stopped the dance at 4CC and I rewatched that moment quite a few times over.
    The lady who was talking with them on the phone (Brenda?), she should know that Tessa's leg cramp didn't get just Canadian fans worried but most likely a lot of other fans around the world. I am not Canadian and I was worrying for her too.

Hope V/M will rock it in London. Go Tessa and Scott.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    (Did anybody else hear a dog bark right after Tessa started talking?)
    I heard the dog as well. I also heard what sounded like a small child crying in the background at one point. Wherever they did that interview from, it sure was noisy!

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I am quite a disaster, Pani, I didn't read anything special into Scott's voice. I also didn't see Scott looking like he was yelling at Tessa before they stopped the dance at 4CC and I rewatched that moment quite a few times over.
    The lady who was talking with them on the phone (Brenda?), she should know that Tessa's leg cramp didn't get just Canadian fans worried but most likely a lot of other fans around the world. I am not Canadian and I was worrying for her too.

I also didn't hear anything in Scott's voice. I did think he sounded positive going into worlds, which is good. It also sounded to me as if Tessa's leg problem wasn't necessarily related to her other issues, so that's a good thing.

Hopefully, everything will come together for V/M in London and the silly judges won't have been persuaded by outside influences and they'll be able to win this thing. Turning, spitting, cursing as if I'd been directed to do so by Toby Ziegler.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post

Why would Scott try to make her laugh during an interview being aired as part of a national skating broadcast?

vCash
    I too heard the baby crying in the background three times. At first I thought it was a cat, but then later when I listened to it again I realized it was a baby lol. Maybe they were in Ilderton. Scott didn't sound very enthusiastic to me and I wondered why he used the word unique instead of exciting or another word, but then I realized I was reading way too much into it; it was a freaking phone interview lol.

I'm excited for Ice, Sweat, and Tears I hope it's made available to non Canadians.

Also going back a bit, but I never saw Scott say "come on come on come on" to try to make Tessa continue to skate at 4CC; that's how rumors start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post

He was saying to her "come on come on come on" encouraging her to do that lift. It happened at the 1:27 mark of the CBC coverage. I have large 60inch screen TV so I could see it very well.

I don't get the comments I've read here and elsewhere about Kurt Browning throwing Tessa under the bus. Huh? To me he sounded a bit worried for her and then said their second mark would be affected and just questioned the no deduction rule.

Anyway, watching D/W and V/M back to back it's so obvious how superior V/Ms body positions are, how much closer they skate together, and how much more difficult V/Ms program is choreographically. It's just a farce that D/W are out scoring them in PCS.

vCash
    Interesting that Tessa said she had swelling in her calf. Swelling? Is that a symptom of CECS or of surgery for it?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I heard the dog as well. I also heard what sounded like a small child crying in the background at one point. Wherever they did that interview from, it sure was noisy!

I also didn't hear anything in Scott's voice. I did think he sounded positive going into worlds, which is good. It also sounded to me as if Tessa's leg problem wasn't necessarily related to her other issues, so that's a good thing.

Hopefully, everything will come together for V/M in London and the silly judges won't have been persuaded by outside influences and they'll be able to win this thing. Turning, spitting, cursing as if I'd been directed to do so by Toby Ziegler.

ETA:

Why would Scott try to make her laugh during an interview being aired as part of a national skating broadcast?
    because he has done in the past (remember there worlds interview in 2010 when tessa had the giggles)

Interesting that Tessa said she had swelling in her calf. Swelling? Is that a symptom of CECS or of surgery for it?
    swelling is a symptom of cecs but her legs dont look swollen

vCash
    I too heard the baby crying in the background three times. At first I thought it was a cat, but then later when I listened to it again I realized it was a baby lol. Maybe they were in Ilderton. Scott didn't sound very enthusiastic to me and I wondered why he used the word unique instead of exciting or another word, but then I realized I was reading way too much into it; it was a freaking phone interview lol.

I'm excited for Ice, Sweat, and Tears I hope it's made available to non Canadians.

Also going back a bit, but I never saw Scott say "come on come on come on" to try to make Tessa continue to skate at 4CC; that's how rumors start.
    this secrete baby is true???

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post

ETA:

because he has done in the past (remember there worlds interview in 2010 when tessa had the giggles)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    this secrete baby is true???
    Scott's brothers have babies. I was sitting near of them them at Canadians (along with Scott's girlfriend, dad and brother).
    Last edited by Rafter; 03-03-2013 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    He was saying to her "come on come on come on" encouraging her to do that lift. It happened at the 1:27 mark of the CBC coverage. I have large 60inch screen TV so I could see it very well.
    I don't have a 60 inch screen, but I can believe it. It's his responsibility to make sure the timing is right for their lifts, and if he didn't know she had to stop for a cramp, then he would probably be urging her to get into the lift on time. Nothing wrong with that -- it's his job.

vCash

how is that starting rumours? Give me a break. There have been plenty of people stating that V/M did that in Japan because they were afraid of losing to D/W (IOW it was faked). I am simply saying that it's quite obvious to me that he wanted to keep going and not stop so therefore it was a legit injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I don't have a 60 inch screen, but I can believe it. It's his responsibility to make sure the timing is right for their lifts, and if he didn't know she had to stop for a cramp, then he would probably be urging her to get into the lift on time. Nothing wrong with that -- it's his job.
    Exactly. Thank you.

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast