Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    So they're in Canada?
    look like the were on Sunday (this tweet from Feb 17)

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Yeah... I'm a little worried actually. You would think there would be tons of press going into their hometown Worlds, but they're so quiet.
    I hope the lack of press is due to their being in their bubble, given that they wouldn't talk to the media before worlds last year either. I would actually be worried right now if there was a lot of press with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I hope the lack of press is due to their being in their bubble, given that they wouldn't talk to the media before worlds last year either. I would actually be worried right now if there was a lot of press with them.
    Yes, they did there best, when they are in their bubble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    look like the were on Sunday (this tweet from Feb 17)
    Thank you.

I remember they said last year that they train in Moncton on weekends.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Thank you.

I remember they said last year that they train in Moncton on weekends.
    London--they do their off sessions with their trainer on Fridays and Sundays. Moncton is a wee bit far to travel on the weekend for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    London--they do their off sessions with their trainer on Fridays and Sundays. Moncton is a wee bit far to travel on the weekend for them.
    Yes. And maybe they spend some time on ice in London in their bubble.

vCash
    So I guess they have established these bubbles on all their rinks! Or do they just blow them up each time they get to the rink... just kidding. I love their bubble!

vCash
    Local trainer shapes up Virtue and Moir http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/s...rtue-and-moir/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Local trainer shapes up Virtue and Moir http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/s...rtue-and-moir/
    Thank you! Good for V-M to have Maria, who thinking about them all the time. She must be proud of her childrens
    I think we must found her name much early. But good thing we know about this amazing trainer now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    When Virtue’s leg cramped up during the pair’s free dance performance at the 2013 Four Continents Championships in February causing the ice dancers to pause their routine, Mountain’s mind went quicker than Moir can do a triple flip-double loop — or even say it for that matter.
    But Moir can't do a triple flip-double loop!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    But Moir can't do a triple flip-double loop!
    Its Moir's secret weapon for WCh in London

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Its Moir's secret weapon for WCh in London
    So he's gonna Lysacek his way to the men's title?

vCash
    this will seem arrogrant if i posted it in the "performances that garnered a standing ovation before it finished" thread . . . but add tessa and scott at 2013 worlds. with it being their last worlds, in their hometown, five minutes from tessa's home (15 minutes from scott's) . . . with them having fulfilled their dreams, becoming the most decorated canadian ice dancers in history (among the all-time greats) . . . i expect it to be crazy BEFORE they take their opening pose. as someone on ff said, i'm glad they can skate carmen without music because i doubt they'll be hearing any of it, over the applause, cheers, tears. win, lose or draw, the sense of history will be palatable and the moment incredible.
    Last edited by iggie; 02-21-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    this will seem arrogrant if i posted it in the "performances that garnered a standing ovation before it finished" thread . . . but add tessa and scott at 2013 worlds. with it being their last worlds, in their hometown, five minutes from tessa's home (15 minutes from scott's) . . . with them having fulfilled their dreams, becoming the most decorated canadian ice dancers in history (among the all-time greats) . . . i expect it to be crazy BEFORE they take their opening pose. as someone on ff said, i'm glad they can skate carmen without music because i doubt they'll be hearing any of it, over the applause, cheers, tears. win, lose or draw, the sense of history will be palatable and the moment incredible.
    v/m fans planning to go there should plan a standing ovation for them before they start their fd (tbh if i were going to worlds i would be standing and cheering throughout their entire performance well until someone tells me to stfu and sit down ) we need to cheer louder than vancouver

btw did the japanese audience give them a standing o after the stop at 4cc? i know they were cheering and clapping along but i dont remember the rest

vCash
    Last edited by iggie; 02-21-2013 at 05:34 AM.

vCash
    I started that thread and I most definitely EXPECT V/M's London Worlds performance to be added to the list.

I also watched their Vancouver performance again but unfortunately the camera was panned really up close so you can't see the audience's reaction which was why I didn't add their OGM performance to the list. The original intention was to find vids with the chill-down-the-spine feeling that I get watching those epic performances WITH audience's standing up but an excellent performance is still an excellent performance!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I started that thread and I most definitely EXPECT V/M's London Worlds performance to be added to the list.

I also watched their Vancouver performance again but unfortunately the camera was panned really up close so you can't see the audience's reaction which was why I didn't add their OGM performance to the list. The original intention was to find vids with the chill-down-the-spine feeling that I get watching those epic performances WITH audience's standing up but an excellent performance is still an excellent performance!
    yeah it was really hard to tell whether the audience was standing up or not in their ogm performances
    im pretty sure people are gonna give me shit for my contribution because you can hardly tell if the people are giving them a standing o
    but then again the crowd started cheering louder than the music before their cd ended and the announcer did say the audience was on their feet
    so im going to assume thats what happened

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    v/m fans planning to go there should plan a standing ovation for them before they start their fd (tbh if i were going to worlds i would be standing and cheering throughout their entire performance well until someone tells me to stfu and sit down ) we need to cheer louder than vancouver

btw did the japanese audience give them a standing o after the stop at 4cc? i know they were cheering and clapping along but i dont remember the rest

Yes, they did.

vCash
    V/M most certainly did get standing ovations for their Olympic performances but not before they finished. I think it was so tight and we didn't want to jinx ourselves because we've never won gold in ice dance and at that point in the games Canada had a few disappointments and that FD inspires silence. I think Worlds again will be so tight that no one will probably breath until it's over let alone give them a standing ovation before they strike their final pose, unless of course they have a pretty decent lead after the SD(which I doubt) and skate a flawless FD. However, whatever the result I just hope V/M kill it and make the judges really ask themselves how they can deny them a third and final title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post

I doubt their FD inspired that type of applause, but their OD probably did. The level of sustained applause was insane

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast