Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/os168_photo/20134CCJapan/6d81800a19d8bc3e4bc781f4838ba61ea9d345c5_zps5a6ec3 79.jpg

Scott and Zijun Li

vCash
    I am really liking this title -- moreso than the other that was bandied about because I too felt the other had some negative connotations. Road to home soooooooooo fits, I think, because that is precisely where they are headed in their next comp -- HOME!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/os168_photo/20134CCJapan/6d81800a19d8bc3e4bc781f4838ba61ea9d345c5_zps5a6ec3 79.jpg

Scott and Zijun Li
    Sorry, but this link doesnt work for me

Scott http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    Look like he played in darts
    Hope Tessa were at banquete too.

vCash
    Both Pani and martyross links doesn't work for me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thank you! Its great news for me they were in gala and she was smiling!
    And thanks for your post. They are such strong and optimistic people. So - lest smile and no matter, what with going, just smile and try catch every moment of this joy - V-M in competitive skating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    what a warm, lovely post, CatherineC. made me smile. I am so glad you joined this thread
    Thank you both for good words! I'm too very glad to join this thread, because in my country I feel kinda lonely - there aren't many ice dance and especially T/S fans.

Hope to keep posting and loving Tessa & Scott even more!

vCash
    sorry guys - here's the post with photos of the banquet, from Yuna Forum.

http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php...dpost&p=112050

vCash

Thank you a lot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Thank you both for good words! I'm too very glad to join this thread, because in my country I feel kinda lonely - there aren't many ice dance and especially T/S fans.

Hope to keep posting and loving Tessa & Scott even more!
    I understand you. Not a lot off FS fans in my country. Happy to have friends from Russia, who love FS.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    wheres tessa?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    wheres tessa?
    You could see her back on Scott-Zijun Li photo near to Balde

vCash

Thanks! Scott's hair looks kinda interesting...

vCash
    You could see her back on Scott-Zijun Li photo near to Balde
    That's Maia Shibutani.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    That's Maia Shibutani.
    O, yes. Sorry.

vCash
    Exibition practice photos from GPF. All skaters look so happy

http://gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-eu7iL

vCash

Virtue and Moir 25: Road to home

I had my 7 yr. old daughter (who is a competitive skater) with me at Canadian Nationals last month. This child is very perceptive for her age, and she talks! I fielded endless questions at the end of programs about why skaters were moving "snakey" and what "Hoochie Coochie" means (Kaetlyn Osmond's program) and whether costumes covered up things that should be covered up etc. etc. etc.

V & M's Carmen is introduced - (Tessa's dress was approved of, but DD wasn't sure about the tights...) and I am wondering with slight trepidation what the questions/ comments will be. I didn't need to worry - the skating mesmerized her and rendered her totally silent for the duration. She was fascinated by it, and talking to her afterwards she understood that Tessa encouraged Scott, and they were in love (holding each other tightly, body to body) and then Tessa changed her mind and decided to be mean to Scott and push him away and that wasn't nice.

What my 7 yr. old didn't remark on was things like whose hands were where, and whether they were on clothing or under clothing. She registered the story, but the details that we notice as adults and comment on just didn't register. She doesn't understand what they represent and therefore she didn't notice them I think. I presume that it is similar to when she doesn't register innuendo in conversation....

For me, this makes a piece like V & M's Carmen art (conveying an idea that works on many levels, including sexual for those who understand what they are seeing). In contrast, many other programs which, as adults we watch without batting an eye-lid, are more problematic for kids to watch as the sexual-lite stuff is tacked on to the technical content for effect, rather than being an integral part of the piece. It doesn't make sense to young observers, because it isn't integral to a story/ idea, so they notice it and comment.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HJay View Post
    I had my 7 yr. old daughter (who is a competitive skater) with me at Canadian Nationals last month. This child is very perceptive for her age, and she talks! I fielded endless questions at the end of programs about why skaters were moving "snakey" and what "Hoochie Coochie" means (Kaetlyn Osmond's program) and whether costumes covered up things that should be covered up etc. etc. etc.

V & M's Carmen is introduced - (Tessa's dress was approved of, but DD wasn't sure about the tights...) and I am wondering with slight trepidation what the questions/ comments will be. I didn't need to worry - the skating mesmerized her and rendered her totally silent for the duration. She was fascinated by it, and talking to her afterwards she understood that Tessa encouraged Scott, and they were in love (holding each other tightly, body to body) and then Tessa changed her mind and decided to be mean to Scott and push him away and that wasn't nice.

What my 7 yr. old didn't remark on was things like whose hands were where, and whether they were on clothing or under clothing. She registered the story, but the details that we notice as adults and comment on just didn't register. She doesn't understand what they represent and therefore she didn't notice them I think. I presume that it is similar to when she doesn't register innuendo in conversation....

For me, this makes a piece like V & M's Carmen art (conveying an idea that works on many levels, including sexual for those who understand what they are seeing). In contrast, many other programs which, as adults we watch without batting an eye-lid, are more problematic for kids to watch as the sexual-lite stuff is tacked on to the technical content for effect, rather than being an integral part of the piece. It doesn't make sense to young observers, because it isn't integral to a story/ idea, so they notice it and comment.
    you should tell your daughter that it was actually scott's character being meant to tessa's character

tessa is the fiercest carmen even when she's skating in pain

vCash

Thank you for telling us about your personal experience Good for your daughter to see "live" such amazing skaters, like Tessa-Scott and Patrick.

vCash

When I was younger I had a Soft Cell album I loved. I remember driving out of town with my aunt and uncle. We were going to a cabin and I'd be the big cousin taking care of my younger cousins so I got to pick the music on the drive and stuck in the tape I made of Soft Cell. I remember at one point in the song the two of them look at each other and cringe. I just assume they were two old to appreciate good music It was years later that a light bulb went off and I realized the sound that made them cringe was quite explicit. I knew the music was edgy, seedy, but I didnt have the experience to recognize that what I was hearing was a guy ejaculating. The cringe between them was obviously their discomfort that we were hearing what they were hearing. But we didn't. It's the same with Carmen. Any art really. There are layers to everything and we discover those layers when we are able to understand them.

vCash
    Thank you for telling us about your personal experience Good for your daughter to see "live" such amazing skaters, like Tessa-Scott and Patrick.
    I´m really tempted to do Nationals next year. Skate Canada timing works better with my schedule but I think Nationals is when V&M, Chan and the others will be near their peak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I´m really tempted to do Nationals next year. Skate Canada timing works better with my schedule but I think Nationals is when V&M, Chan and the others will be near their peak.
    Yes, thats very mportant. Its a big difference between to see skates at first GP event and WCh.
    I feel so lucky i saw V-M two time this season. lot off favorite skaters i didnt saw even 1 time "live".
    But in Nice they were flying above the ice. Its was amazing.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast