Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Precisely. People keep missing this point, that comment was about the choreography of Carmen vs Notre Dame. She even went on to say if it was Carmen vs DF she wouldn't be calling it sliced cheese. And if everyone were honest the Notre Dame program was not well received when it first came out. It was obvious even fans were worried. But it was showered with high marks from it´s debut and got a choreography score of 9.54. Added some bells to highlight moves that were lacking pizzaz and put out a few articles about how they've finally mastered their lack of on ice
    connection and it was showered with 10s at NHK and people were calling it a masterpiece. PJ on the other hand still saw sliced cheese
    It IS like cheese slices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    One more time - she didnt call D-W cheep, but choreograhfy of D-W FD

And what is an ice-dance coulpe - if not their choreography?
    You can have amazing skating skills, lines, edges - it all counts - but If you dont crown it with choreography where all couples swear to be themselves) - everything else is just amazing arsenal not put in the right use.

To me- calling someone's choreography cheep is the biggest insult in ice dancing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    You can have amazing skating skills, lines, edges - it all counts - but If you dont crown it with choreography where all couples swear to be themselves) - everything else is just amazing arsenal not put in the right use.

To me- calling someone's choreography sheep is the biggest insult in ice dancing.
    I have different opinion. She said - she didnt touch other PCS, only choreo.
    Plus again, didnt people from year to year were talking about V-M are great, but choreo - no?
    And D-W if they used choreo from past years must be ready someone will didnt like it. But who care, if this someone is not a judge?
    Its not like to tell V-M have bad legs lines - all could see on photos and videos this isnt truth. But in choreo everyone see, what they want to see

From first D-W outing with this FD i saw, they will improve it a lot untill WCh. But what i cant understand- why they got so high marks at SA whrere they didnt have FD yet, just some parts?
    And i thnk i see from D-W bigest fan post (Doris), that D-W prepared to participate in DWS. So thats why today we read about amazing Davis lines and connection

vCash
    I think we are going to have to wait for worlds and try and have faith in v/m.

vCash

To me- calling someone's choreography cheep is the biggest insult in ice dancing.
    Two things. (1) A skater is more than their choreography for instance the Shibs skating Notre Dame will not be as good as D&W skating Notre Dame. (2) Kraft slices does not equal cheap. That isn't where she was going with it. But I guess if that's how you interpret it then you no more understand the cheese analogy than I do the Nadal/Federer or Fiona/Adele ones. I guess the thing to take away from this, for PJ, is Americans don't like or understand cheese so if your blog or thoughts ever get picked up on an American site use something else

vCash
    Skaters most certainly are more than their choreography. How they become great skaters and champions without choreography is another question.

There may be a language barrier in comparison, but I will let none attack my cheese knowledge I am not an American or Canadian.

V&M have sophistication and some innovation in their Carmen free dance. Innovation is tricky under COP with so many things required. They cannot push the barrier as much as Krylova&Ovsiannikova managed with their Carmen, but Tessa&Scott are going quite amazing with what they have in the current system.
    Last edited by kosjenka; 02-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    interesting post, vmfan82! I am continually amazed by those of you who are bilinguists/polylinguists. Your post made perfect sense to me. I noticed the same thing with the way in which Tessa interacts with interviewers, fans, flower girls, officials, etc. She smiles so warmly at them and looks them in the eye. She goes out of her way to do this with the flower girls, which I find so sweet.
    And ITA about her courage and determination. I also agree with those who have commented on how supportive and wonderful Scott is as a partner.

As for the whole 'slutty' thing--I wish we could abolish this word. Why are the sexual habits of others so important to some people?

and thanks for the link and the comic relief, iNap
    Yes, Bournekraatzfan, I agree about the word thing as well. It is actually disrespectful, especially because it is based on assumption. And whether it is true or not is no one's business anyways. I am glad to read you have also noticed how particularly Tessa interacts with others. It is a wonderul trait of hers now and an asset in the future, regardless of what decides to pursue in the upcoming years

vCash
    vmfan82, regarding your observations of Tessa's trait and her intense gaze, I believe in their book, Jennifer Swan said that Tessa was the kind of child who stared an adult straight in the eye when she spoke to them. So it's pretty cool that you picked that up! I think this aspect of her personality (and Scott too) plays a role in their connection. When they're on the ice, they look so in the moment that we're drawn in, and we sometimes feel like we're intruding on a private moment. It also probably helped with the injuries because not everyone would just be able to focus on one thing and block out pain like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Re: vmfan82's post:

It was absolutely apparent during the fan meet and greet last summer, brief as my interaction was, that Tessa really focusses on the moment. She was at once polished, polite and professional, but also incredibly genuine, warm, and present. I would have been happy enough just to have had the chance to stand opposite them, and to have the opportunity to give them that card filled with the messages we all so wanted them to hear, and it wouldn't have mattered had they treated the meet n' greet as a media obligation and coasted through the interactions. But I left with a memory and then some because I was blown away by the intensity of their focus, how they really considered each and every person, and the depth of their active engagement. I was actually taken aback, it would explain the extent of my contact high, by just how private and intimate the interaction felt for me; when Tessa spoke with me, she was speaking with me, not a single distraction or lapse in eye contact. No matter that she didn't know me from b. That's just classy.
    Hello guys! I'm a V/M fan and just recently signed up here on FSU. I don't think I'll be able to post much, but I just wanna say how wonderful you all are and I enjoy all the discussions on this board. I'm also feeling positive about V/M and Worlds. They can do it!

jl22aries, I'm happy you had a positive experience meeting V/M; I'd do anything to meet them and see them live! I've too noticed how focused and composed Tessa is in their interviews. I also like how articulate her answers are. She seems like a smart lady. I also remember reading someone's experience seeing her out and about in Russia. The poster said she looked very gorgeous and regal.

vCash

She can find more cheep foods for next articals like spams instant noodles, tv diners We not have seen biggest insult from her yet. She save good insults for next year What if she may like to throw used underwares. remember PJ love Chanties. Sky is limit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I think we are going to have to wait for worlds and try and have faith in v/m.
    YES YES

vCash

And i thnk i see from D-W bigest fan post (Doris), that D-W prepared to participate in DWS. So thats why today we read about amazing Davis lines and connection
    No, I said if would be fun if Davis & White were on DWTS. That won't happen in the US, but I still think it would be fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I'm hoping that DWTS will pick them up after the Olympics and have them competing against each other. I think that would be fun!

It would be fun if Tessa & Scott were on the Canadian version of Dancing With the Stars, as part of competing couples, too. I think they would be fantastic.

In either case, we might get an extra ice dance fluff as part of the show; I'd be all for it!

vCash
    I know it is time to move on from this but I just had to say I find it a bit amusing that it is a comment by PJ that got such a negative reaction. I have watched and listened to PJ hour upon hour when she was alone on Bold and she amazed me with her ability to find something positive to say about each and every skater. She no doubt has her own opinions and she does interview and know the Canadian skaters well but IMHO she bends over backwards to compliment everyone. The same cannot be said for all commentators. Anyway, I learn a lot from her comments and find her very informative. When she points out an area that a particular skater can improve on, I often see it more clearly myself. Most of the professionals stating opinions do have a horse or more in the race and we all know that.
    pug lover

vCash

vCash
    Thanks pani. I got goosebumps when Tessa & Scott did that last blurb of welcoming us to their HOME in London, Ontario, Canada.

Thinking it's time to put someone on ignore cause their comments feel troll-like in a V/M topic.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Thanks pani. I got goosebumps when Tessa & Scott did that last blurb of welcoming us to their HOME in London, Ontario, Canada.

Thinking it's time to put someone on ignore cause their comments feel troll-like in a V/M topic.
    Have stupid question. What cities did they show at this video? Vancauver?

vCash
    Have stupid question. What cities did they show at this video? Vancauver?
    I think they showed part of Toronto because I saw the CN tower

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Hello guys! I'm a V/M fan and just recently signed up here on FSU. I don't think I'll be able to post much, but I just wanna say how wonderful you all are and I enjoy all the discussions on this board. I'm also feeling positive about V/M and Worlds. They can do it!

jl22aries, I'm happy you had a positive experience meeting V/M; I'd do anything to meet them and see them live! I've too noticed how focused and composed Tessa is in their interviews. I also like how articulate her answers are. She seems like a smart lady. I also remember reading someone's experience seeing her out and about in Russia. The poster said she looked very gorgeous and regal.
    this is why i like to call her queen tessa
    Skaters most certainly are more than their choreography. How they become great skaters and champions without choreography is another question.

There may be a language barrier in comparison, but I will let none attack my cheese knowledge I am not an American or Canadian.

V&M have sophistication and some innovation in their Carmen free dance. Innovation is tricky under COP with so many things required. They cannot push the barrier as much as Krylova&Ovsiannikova managed with their Carmen, but Tessa&Scott are going quite amazing with what they have in the current system.
    krylova's carmen is very generic imo perhaps it seemed innovative back then because of the different judging system
    or maybe it seems generic now because everyone is copying them idek

vCash
    The opening shot of the Newfoundland lighthouse unless it's Cape Breton. I've been to both - but I don'trecognise the angle of that shot.
    I saw Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, then the Prairies obviously, and Vancouver, and the Rockies.
    My apartment building appears in the Toronto shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I think they showed part of Toronto because I saw the CN tower
    Thanks!

The opening shot of the Newfoundland lighthouse unless it's Cape Breton. I've been to both - but I don'trecognise the angle of that shot.
    I saw Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, then the Prairies obviously, and Vancouver, and the Rockies.
    My apartment building appears in the Toronto shot.
    Thanks a lot!

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast