Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    It seems like USFS/icenetwork is hitting below the belt trying to unsettle V&M and to set up a wuzrobbed scenario in the case V&M and win another World title in London next month.

That has to be it. The sad part is that some will take that article at face value even though they can see differently with their own eyes.

V&M have been constantly criticized because supposedly all they do is lovey, dovey programs full of romance. Oh but wait, now they have no connection at all. Um, which is it? That is a contradiction.

Going into this quad, I never thought that V&M would be one of those teams who people could find so much fault with. Sometimes they are treated as if they barely made it out of the junior division.
    PJ kwong started insult first. She start to throw foods under the belts. She do this like charity for skate canadia. icenetworks pay dancer to do this job because Lois Elfmen not doing this job for free

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    PJ kwong started insult first. She start to throw foods under the belts. She do this like charity for skate canadia. icenetworks pay dancer to do this job because Lois Elfmen not doing this job for free
    So like in kindergarden we will play, who was the first. Icenetwork become rude to V-M from the last season TEB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    So like in kindergarden we will play, who was the first. Icenetwork become rude to V-M from the last season TEB
    Pj Kwong have more food ready to throw for next rounds this is fun competition on side for all new and old fans. maybe cinquanta will ask ioc to add to olympics for 2018

vCash
    I'm not sure how to take this post. Are you being serious, or just trying to poke fun? If the former, then I'm and if the latter then I'm sorry for not getting the humour.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I love you guys and I love that I can come here when the PBP threads' negativity becomes too much to handle. It is wonderful to come here to cleanse after watching Youtubes of VM and seeing some of the nasty comments there by accident. But holy cow - the cheese thing is way out of hand!

I don't think PJ is insinuating either program is cheesy.

I don't think there are any other layers - RE smelly etc..

After following her for a very long time I don't for a moment think she meant to be rude or dismissive about DW.

At the same time - I don't think she is afraid to express her opinion honestly and I personally see nothing wrong with what she said.

She is entitled to think that DW - though still entertaining and skilled and lovely - have a program which is simpler and less refined than V and M. IMO this is all that she was suggesting when using the cheese comparison.

I do see how some people could interpret it as much more of an insult if they loathe processed cheese. But I honestly think she was being sincere when she said that SHE found them both to be yummy. I find no reason to believe she is lying about that.

Anyhow -on another note I am counting the days until Worlds so it is SUCH relief to read that Tessa is okay and still working towards those championships. If the results don't go the way we would like - it will be easy to keep in mind my gratitude for being able to see the programs live - when it is such a real fear that Tessa might not be able to skate at all.

vCash
    And i am wonder, how they understand Marina and how she understand them
    It probably gets easier when you know the person, and when you're all knowledgeable in your field. For example, I'm in an orchestra, and our conductor speaks to us often with incomplete sentences, sounds and gestures. She always jokes that an outsider would think we're crazy that we learn this way. I would assume it's the same for VM and Marina. They all speak the same language of ice dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I don't know where icenetwork found this Henry Byalikov but this guy can't be much of a dance expert if he thinks that V&M have no connection among other things. Whether it's dance on the ballroom floor or on the ice, there is no mistaking what it means to be a couple with that connection. It makes me wonder if he ever really watched any of V&M's programs or was he just shown a picture of Scott and Tessa when they happened to not be looking at one another..
    He was on so you think you can dance, right? Maybe he thinks he can dance more than he actually can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    He was on so you think you can dance, right? Maybe he thinks he can dance more than he actually can.
    Was he a judge? Or a winner?
    Now i dont care - everyone cold have the own opinion, but just interesting to know, who he is. Did he working in theatre, ballet school, dance show?
    I know, we love people, who have the same opinion with us and i belive many people agreed with him and feel happy with what he said, but its interesting to know what a professional level on any expert.
    And i know, professionals dancers dislike what skates doing on ice. Like we found at ice-dance.com article - they have there own opinion about body moves, knees work ect.

vCash
    Was he a judge? Or a winner?
    Now i dont care - everyone cold have the own opinion, but just interesting to know, who he is. Did he working in theatre, ballet school, dance show?
    I know, we love people, who have the same opinion with us and i belive many people agreed with him and feel happy with what he said, but its interesting to know what a professional level on any expert.
    And i know, professionals dancers dislike what skates doing on ice. Like we found at ice-dance.com article - they have there own opinion about body moves, knees work ect.
    http://www.henrybyalikov.com/about_Henry_Byalikov.html

vCash
    Thanks!

vCash
    interesting post, vmfan82! I am continually amazed by those of you who are bilinguists/polylinguists. Your post made perfect sense to me. I noticed the same thing with the way in which Tessa interacts with interviewers, fans, flower girls, officials, etc. She smiles so warmly at them and looks them in the eye. She goes out of her way to do this with the flower girls, which I find so sweet.
    And ITA about her courage and determination. I also agree with those who have commented on how supportive and wonderful Scott is as a partner.

As for the whole 'slutty' thing--I wish we could abolish this word. Why are the sexual habits of others so important to some people?

and thanks for the link and the comic relief, iNap

vCash
    Lois Elfman · Top Commenter · Barnard College

The video of Virtue & Moir came from the Canadian Championships (I gave him the links prior to 4C)
    Tell me, both teams fans, did V-M didnt have connection and bad legs lines at Nationals?
    As for choreo - maybe this all because they re-moved so many things from this FD because of D-W. Why they pay so much attention to D-W? They are not childrena anymore and need to focus on there job, not on what D-W are doing.

vCash
    Tell me, both teams fans, did V-M didnt have connection and bad legs lines at Nationals?
    As for choreo - maybe this all because they re-moved so many things from this FD because of D-W. Why they pay so much attention to D-W? They are not childrena anymore and need to focus on there job, not on what D-W are doing.
    O really, I did not know D-W was coaching this teams?

vCash
    O really, I did not know D-W was coaching this teams?
    OK, because they want to be first more, then to show what they could to do with this FD.

vCash
    http://web.stagram.com/n/virtue_tes/

Sorry, but what is this shit?
    And a lot of people thinks she is real Tessa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post

Hope its real Oksana Grishuck, because she said she love "Carmen"

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Really, someone watched the performance of V/M's FD at Canadian Nationals and thought that they lacked connection and had bad leg lines?

The politiking intent of this piece is just blatantly obvious. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but think about it. When discussing V/M, the first thing that comes to most peoples' minds is their connection. Their connection is considred to be on par with the likes of T/D, K/P, and U/Z, i.e. one of the best connections we've ever seen in this discipline. One of the next things that people typically praise after V/M's connection is their lines. Almost always when someone goes to praise V/M, their connection and lines are two of the things that are cited off the top (among the many, many things they excel in).

Conversely, connection and lines are two things that D/W have been oft-criticized for. There's been a huge push this season to insist that D/W now have a connection like that of V/M's... which most of us can see that they don't. That ridiculous display at Skate America, anyone? So, now, we have an article that comes out on Icenetwork, ostensabily a mouth piece of the USFS which owns Icenetwork, in which two things V/M are regarded as exceling in and being all-time greats in, that are also known D/W weaknesses,are specfically listed as things they [V/M] need to work on? I don't know about the rest of you, but I smell a rat.

YEAH!
    vCash

lol, well, she fooled the real Elena Ilinkyh and Anastasia Martusheva... pretty sure those are their actual accounts (they've been linked on FSU before).

on the positive side, some of those pics are beautiful. http://web.stagram.com/p/392635482129456180_308135662 What is this from?

o/t but Oksana Grishuk is so gorgeous!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    lol, well, she fooled the real Elena Ilinkyh and Anastasia Martusheva... pretty sure those are their actual accounts (they've been linked on FSU before).

on the positive side, some of those pics are beautiful. http://web.stagram.com/p/392635482129456180_308135662 What is this from?

o/t but Oksana Grishuk is so gorgeous!!!
    It was photo-shoot i think in 2010 or 2011.
    Yes, hope its real Oksana like Carmen

vCash

That's not Tessa! That actually pisses me off cuz everybody now thinks that's her even other skaters. Also on FB there's a fake Tessa that has almost 9,000 followers.

Which one is Oksana G and what does she say about Carmen?

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast