Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Now Skatebuzz has a forum which no one uses. Maybe a few of us should go there and see if we can have a cheerful, respectful alternative.
    If people wish to, they could. I'd like to say though that I feel FSU is a great board because it has such a diversity of posters from around the world. Excesses tend to get balanced out in the long run. Please stay and post. :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Tessa was crying before the 4ccs ex? Who said this?
    Omg I said it. And I wish I didn't now and no I don't know for a fact. Shows me for thinking out loud (or writing out loud).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    If people wish to, they could. I'd like to say though that I feel FSU is a great board because it has such a diversity of posters from around the world. Excesses tend to get balanced out in the long run. Please stay and post. :-)
    My experience when I checked it out was that is has a very strong Canadian slant. Which would certainly make it an attractive place to post if you happen to like Canadian skaters; it's not as good a fit for me.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    The other really funny part of the IN article is this:

Leg line!!! *dead*

To be fair there are some nice compliments in there and is worth a read if you're not sensitive to critique.

I don't mind criticism, I've talked about issues I had with their programs this year myself, but I find these particular critiques to be so off the mark as to be bizarre.
    This is the first and probably only person I've seen that said Tessa and Scott don't have connection. Actually his critique seems pretty indifferent I don't think he likes them in general. Honestly I wish all these people will just leave them alone. Did you guys see the video on YT where the commentators were insinuating that Tessa and Scott only stopped the FD because they were afraid of losing (not sure how stopping was going to help them win).
    Last edited by Shayii; 02-15-2013 at 06:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    My experience when I checked it out was that is has a very strong Canadian slant. Which would certainly make it an attractive place to post if you happen to like Canadian skaters; it's not as good a fit for me.
    If you mean Skatebuzz, it never got off the ground as a discussion forum. There were only a handful of posts, over several years.

vCash
    If you mean Skatebuzz, it never got off the ground as a discussion forum. There were only a handful of posts, over several years.
    Why would I be referring to SkateBuzz? I meant the ISU forum, since that was the one you mentioned as being a great board with lots of diversity. My impression of it was different.

vCash
    Why would I be referring to SkateBuzz? I meant the ISU forum, since that was the one you mentioned as being a great board with lots of diversity. My impression of it was different.
    But flowerpower mean FSU

vCash
    http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episode/ic...ehindthescenes

Great clips from the documentary! The first one is all Tessa and Scott, and there's one on Marina. I found it hilarious how she said that it's pretty easy to motivate the skaters because all she has to say is "Charlie did it!" or "Scott did it!" haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post

Great clips from the documentary! The first one is all Tessa and Scott, and there's one on Marina. I found it hilarious how she said that it's pretty easy to motivate the skaters because all she has to say is "Charlie did it!" or "Scott did it!" haha.
    they don't work for me.

vCash

Geoblocked for me. It's probably only available in Canada.

vCash
    I actually said FSU. No problem, I assume you were reading quickly. :-)

vCash

Maybe someone will post it later on youtube. But thank you for let us know. Canta wait to see this clip

vCash

Can you put it on YT or someone else?

vCash
    I actually said FSU. No problem, I assume you were reading quickly. :-)
    I was, and for some reason I thought it had come up as an example of a good "official" forum. FSU is certainly very diverse!

Conclusion: pay closer attention in the future

vCash
    I see now in the corner that it says "Video available only in Canada". Sorry guys I tried to rip the video but it ended up taking only the ad before, and not the actual clip. Does someone else know how to do it?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    But why would she be hurt by the idea that she can play a role so well that she's fooling people? That makes no sense.
    Well I think there is a difference between "Tessa does that so well, she's probably a slut in real life too" and "Tessa does that so convincingly, I almost believe she is Carmen!" It would help to know exactly what comments Tessa is referring to, but I don't necessarily think it means she's uncomfortable with Carmen as a character.

I read an interview with a soap actress once and she said that fans used to come up to her and yell at her for stealing so-and-so's husband, because they thought she was her character. I can imagine actors being upset that someone thinks they are a jerk just because they played a character who is.

vCash
    In the meanwhile, I can try to describe them a bit better. It begins with Scott saying "I'm Tessa Virtue" and then Tessa goes along with it and he high fives her. Then they do the whole "We're lucky to have each other" thing. Scott talks about how Tessa always laughs at his jokes, and that when they finally move on, he'll have to call her with all his jokes because no one else will think they're funny. They talk about how it's difficult to train, and sometimes they don't want to, but they just talk to each other about why they're doing it. And of course, Scott throws in a joke that she does it to see his face every morning haha.

In the Marina one, she talks a bit about her history in skating. Tessa and Scott say that the way she explains things doesn't make sense to other people, and that people would laugh they knew that this is how she taught her teams. This is followed by some proof, because I only partially understood what Marina was trying to say haha. Marina talks about how it's easy to motivate them all by being like "Look, the other person just did it!". And there's a little Marina photoshoot which shows some of her awesome personality, "I love attention" being an actual quote

vCash
    Sorry I don't know how to rip it, because it's freakin' adorable. But the thing that kept distracting me, so that I had to go back a couple of times to hear what Tessa was saying in the voice-over, was Scott's leg swinging, LOL... it was like he had no hip joint. I can just tell already, it won't matter how much they're in that documentary, it won't be enough.

And yes, Marina's coaching technique, reminds me of VM's book, in which they both admitted that their competitive spirit with each other as children helped push them forward... clearly, the method still works, even altered! I was a little nostalgic, watching the 'crazy Audrey' dance.

vCash
    Thank you so much to tell us about this.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast