Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    That quote by Tessa, where she said she was upset when she heard some people had been confusing her Carmen character with her actual personality, confused the heck out of me. Carmen is clearly a role. If she believes in the role as it has been envisoned, how could she have been upset by that? She's clearly playing a character. If she's not comfortable with the character though, and not committed to how that character has been designed, I could see these kind of doubts, I guess.
    Carmen is a cruel seductress. She destroys Don Jose. I think what Tessa meant is that some people are implying she is slutty or cruel like Carmen. Perhaps she embodies the role so well and so fully that some people have confused it with her actual personality, or else they are just using it to get in their digs.

vCash
    In conclusion, this couple's partnering ability, posture, extensions, artistic expression and technical prowess are to be applauded. However, within the given choreographic framework, they, at times, missed out on the genuine connection needed to be exhibited by a couple with such high technical ability.
    USA answer on PJ words about Carmen choroe
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    OMG!

This man is not a skater, and has no idea what they have attempted. And to say that it is lacking connection!!! Of all things!

That just makes me angry (because the choice of "experts" and rhetoric vis-a-vis the top ice dance teams, and the overall slant from icenetwork has been apparent ever since their "V/M Win Again...Ho-Hum" headline last year.)

vCash
    Wow WTH is going on here? I honestly wasn't expecting all hell to break loose the last time I checked in here. Everybody should just take a deep breath. I doubt anybody can deny I'm a V/M uber, but I think the cheese analogy was uncalled for. If you're sensitive I would say stay away from GS (I'm still trying to get over the fact that somebody actually compared Tessa to hottentot venus). Come on people, lets bring back the positive vibes ?

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    OMG, really? V/M need to work on their connection to each other?

Flowerpower, like you, this just makes me angry. Angry to the point I can't see straight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    OMG!

This man is not a skater, and has no idea what they have attempted. And to say that it is lacking connection!!! Of all things!

That just makes me angry (because the choice of "experts" and rhetoric vis-a-vis the top ice dance teams, and the overall slant from icenetwork has been apparent ever since their "V/M Win Again...Ho-Hum" headline last year.)
    And you never will find people, who start dicuss how rude Icenetwork is. Second season in row they all time talking about D-W connection. So i think its normal that before OG they will end V-M will not connection at all

Wow WTH is going on here? I honestly wasn't expecting all hell to break loose the last time I checked in here. Everybody should just take a deep breath. I doubt anybody can deny I'm a V/M uber, but I think the cheese analogy was uncalled for. If you're sensitive I would say stay away from GS (I'm still trying to get over the fact that somebody actually compared Tessa to hottentot venus). Come on people, lets bring back the positive vibes
    Sorry. Positive is to post Tessa were crying before ex at 4CC? Ot to agree with that "expert"?
    To discuss V-M choreo in FD is better is negative thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    OMG, really? V/M need to work on their connection to each other?

Flowerpower, like you, this just makes me angry. Angry to the point I can't see straight.
    Please don't get angry, guys. The "lack of connection" theory HAS GOT to be the most ridiculous thing anyone has ever said/written about a V/M program. Even more ridiculous is that Icenetwork has decided to emphasize that in the article and in the photo description. It's not worth getting worked up about.

Let's celebrate the fact that Tessa is okay and feeling ready to train for Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by pani
    Second season in row they all time talking about D-W connection. So i think its normal that before OG they will end V-M will not connection at all.

vCash

vCash
    Sorry, the extent of V/M bashing across the internet bothers me, some of it very low and vile. (To be clear, I'm not calling this particular icenetwork article low or vile, though I feel there is a politicking element in icenetwork's overall coverage starting around the time of TEB last year.)

I hope to discuss ice dance here in a positive way, though negative things will come up from time to time.

vCash
    I don't see the big deal with the cheese analogy? Using that specific example doesn't imply that she thinks their programs are cheesy. If she had used the chocolate example, it wouldn't mean that she thought the programs are chocolatey. If you think the cheese thing is an insult, try replacing it with something you might like more. Examples that come to mind are professional DSLR camera vs. a point and shoot, or good quality ground coffee vs. instant mixes. She just so happened to use the example of cheese, which apparently people dislike. My first reaction to PJ's article was that VM are praised.

vCash
    I wouldn't take this too seriously. IN is owned by the USFSA, and makes no claim to objectivity; thus, it has hardly surprising that every dance team has areas in which it could improve while Davis/White are perfect and inspiring. I've seen some interesting headlines and coverage about skaters from other countries, especially in direct competition with the top Americans. For instance, a V/M victory last season was reported as "ho-hum", and I have heard that P/B's withdrawal from Euros due to Bourzat's injury was initially headlined "French Toast". Both headlines were later changed.

Of course, there's nothing to stop other federations from setting up websites similar to IN.

YEAH!
    vCash
    The other really funny part of the IN article is this:

Points of improvement, from my dancer's perspective, would be choreographic choices/connection, leg line and lift choice.
    Leg line!!! *dead*

To be fair there are some nice compliments in there and is worth a read if you're not sensitive to critique.

I don't mind criticism, I've talked about issues I had with their programs this year myself, but I find these particular critiques to be so off the mark as to be bizarre.

vCash
    Sorry. Positive is to post Tessa were crying before ex at 4CC? Ot to agree with that "expert"?
    I think the cheese analogy was not necessary and I'm sticking by it. I don't think I need to agree with it to prove I'm a good V/M fan. If it'll make you feel better though I'll let you have a go at me, but I'm not going to take the bait in return.

As for the no connection thing, I don't even think that deserves to be commented on. I think icenetwork should be added to the list of places to stay away from, along with GS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    The other really funny part of the IN article is this:

Leg line!!! *dead*

To be fair there are some nice compliments in there and is worth a read if you're not sensitive to critique.

I don't mind criticism, I've talked about issues I had with their programs this year myself, but I find these particular critiques to be so off the mark as to be bizarre.
    Now i am happy with what PJ said even more (how Tessas legs lines to be compared with Mrs. Dawis)/
    But this will made Chralie momn happy. How many she paid for this? ]
    Maybe thats expert worked with D-W? Thats why they are so ideal compare to all others bowlegged dancers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I think the cheese analogy was not necessary and I'm sticking by it. I don't think I need to agree with it to prove I'm a good V/M fan. If it'll make you feel better though I'll let you have a go at me, but I'm not going to take the bait in return.

As for the no connection thing, I don't even think that deserves to be commented on. I think icenetwork should be added to the list of places to stay away from, along with GS.
    Sorry, Shayii, but i cant still posotove after read this. Sorry, its not against you. And soon i must be away from internet at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Carmen is a cruel seductress. She destroys Don Jose. I think what Tessa meant is that some people are implying she is slutty or cruel like Carmen. Perhaps she embodies the role so well and so fully that some people have confused it with her actual personality, or else they are just using it to get in their digs.
    But why would she be hurt by the idea that she can play a role so well that she's fooling people? That makes no sense.

vCash
    But why would she be hurt by the idea that she can play a role so well that she's fooling people? That makes no sense.
    And you never will find people, who start dicuss how rude Icenetwork is. Second season in row they all time talking about D-W connection. So i think its normal that before OG they will end V-M will not connection at all

Tessa was crying before the 4ccs ex? Who said this?

vCash
    Ice Network was the first discussion site I ever visited -- a year or so ago, and I was appalled by the vicious of some of the posters against both VM and Patrick, and sad to say, Canada. After a couple of visits, i realized that there were only fivegre posters who were "haters", but they completely dominate the site. I gave up going there some time ago. I started reading FSU for tips on how to watch on line, and then started reading the forum threads. Some are lovely places to visit and some posters are great. Same with GS. There are people not to be read, and threads to avoid.

Now Skatebuzz has a forum which no one uses. Maybe a few of us should go there and see if we can have a cheerful, respectful alternative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Tessa was crying before the 4ccs ex? Who said this?
    Shayii think she was

vCash
    Because people are suggesting that it's not just a character that she's playing. Even if she knows it's just a role, it would still hurt to see others imply that you're a slut (for lack of a better word). I think the reason why we're confused by her words is because we don't know exactly what comments she's referring to.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast