Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The lifts in Carmen are insane. Like legitimately crazy difficult. I remember watching Pink Floyd and being agog at what they were doing. Carmen is on another level entirely. The rotational lift..... I can't get over how difficult that lift is. The backflip entry, the rotation speed, the change in position. And it's so perfect for that exact moment. It simultaneously feels too difficult to actually be done but of course it needs to be done because it's such a perfect expression of that music at that time.

Musicality: Well....

The choreography component

" Unity – purposeful threading of all movements
    A program achieves unity when: every step, movement, and element is motivated by the
    music.
    As well, all its parts, big or small,
    seem necessary to the whole, and there is an
    underlying vision or symbolic meaning that
    threads together the entire composition. "

Every aspect of interpretation involves music

The performance component
    " Physical, emotional, and intellectual involvement
    In all skating disciplines each skater must be physically committed, sincere in emotion,
    and equal in comprehension of the music and in execution of all movement. "

"Individuality/personality
    Style is the distinctive use of line and movement as inspired by the music.
    Individuality/personality is a combination of personal and artistic preferences that a
    skater/pair/couple brings to the concept, manner, and content of the program. "

So it's not at the forefront by any means, but I'd argue that it's still significant.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    The lifts in Carmen are insane. Like legitimately crazy difficult. I remember watching Pink Floyd and being agog at what they were doing. Carmen is on another level entirely. The rotational lift..... I can't get over how difficult that lift is. The backflip entry, the rotation speed, the change in position. And it's so perfect for that exact moment. It simultaneously feels too difficult to actually be done but of course it needs to be done because it's such a perfect expression of that music at that time.
    Yes! I remember thinking the same about Pink Floyd. If you watch the British Eurosport version, the commentators are all about the goose. And then the next year they repeat the goose, but with a really difficult jump and twist exit, and I was like, damn. And now they've totally graduated. Those were like their training wheels lifts.

The lifts in Carmen are so amazing for exactly the reason you said... they are crazy difficult, but they're not difficult for the sake of being difficult, they actually punctuate the music perfectly. I mean a lot of ice dancers are doing well if they can even get the lift on the big crescendo of the music. V&M literally have every position change, every part of the lift to the beat of the music, especially the one where he tosses her in the air. That kind of timing is just incredible.

vCash
    New article on V&M

vCash
    Skate Canada had told me that I should give them the banner and they will hang it.
    It will be really sad if I am denied the opportunity.
    Oh well I will just have to take it to nats next year!

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_2hHg6PT4
    V&M talk about being inspired by Jeff Buttle's Worlds-winning program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    Happy women's day! It's too cute not to share : after 4cc russian fans from LJ sent flowers to cheer T-S up. And in an interview for russian site Tessa mentioned this.
    that is so sweet, m_chenning. What a lovely gesture. Thank you for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    OTOH I see V&M being the most improved ice dancers in terms of program content... from my perspective it is they who are widening the gap between them and their rivals with their outrageously difficult FD and pure blade power.
    I was thinking the same thing, Cherub. They have always had incredible basics, but they have noticeably improved them in the last couple of years (I am thinking it might be the change in technique). Their power is unreal. And I love that they have choreo that shows off this power--they don't need crossovers to gain speed, they just create it from nothing/nowhere and their stroking efficiency is just superb. Their programs are punishing in terms of transitions--i really am blown away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whoa View Post
    That was a nice clip! I hope they take that inspiration into this coming competition!

Also, that little foot stomp totally reminded me of Kurt Browning.

vCash
    Thanks for the links, MaoFan7 and whoa.

I really hope everything works out with the banner, Emdee.

Wishing you and the others a safe trip to worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whoa View Post
    Thanks! I remeber. how i didnt watch Jeff, because i was sure Joubert won gold and then foumd Buttle won WCh
    "Ararat" is one of my favorite LPs in men FS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    From "Budweiser Gardens
    Sad Dont know why they didnt let to bring banners. Maybe Emdee could hold it in her hands?
    Sad. Its so nice to see all this banners at competitions. And i think skaters happy to see this kind of support.

And i am happy T-S feel so much support youtside Canada. Eslesially from the land of first OGM in ice dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks! I remeber. how i didnt watch Jeff, because i was sure Joubert won gold and then foumd Buttle won WCh
    I remember watching Jeff skate that program and it was absolutely inspirational, especially considering he had just lost his Canadian title to Patrick. I think in a way, that loss motivated him. Here's hoping the same happens to Scott and Tessa Can't believe we're only a week away from their last appearance (as competitors) at Worlds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I remember watching Jeff skate that program and it was absolutely inspirational, especially considering he had just lost his Canadian title to Patrick. I think in a way, that loss motivated him. Here's hoping the same happens to Scott and Tessa Can't believe we're only a week away from their last appearance (as competitors) at Worlds!
    Its sad, but i am happy we have chance to see them at this WCh, because they could not compete after 2010. Thanks them for this WCh and for "Carmen".
    I read there will be big fan zone in London. I am envy all. who will be there Have a safe trip and have fan! Wish you all skaters show there best - this made WCh special competition!

vCash
    Julianna is uploading Ice, sweat and tears to youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/julianna0263/videos?view=0

vCash
    It's one of my favourites, too. The music is beautiful and the choreography is insanely difficult. He also has tremendous musicality.

Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I remember watching Jeff skate that program and it was absolutely inspirational, especially considering he had just lost his Canadian title to Patrick. I think in a way, that loss motivated him. Here's hoping the same happens to Scott and Tessa
    Here's hoping

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Julianna is uploading Ice, sweat and tears to youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/julianna0263/videos?view=0
    Thank you a lot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Lol, Marina "I'm just a blast to see…" She's so cute.

Thanks for the heads up marikat!

vCash
    I must say i like this two parts i could watch. Cant wait to see next.
    Maybe because i just like everything about FS and for me it was interesting to see, how skaters work during off-season.

vCash
    Guys, SC we will be streaming official practice sessions on Monday, March 11 and Tuesday, March 12, live from Budweiser Gardens

Live streaming of practices is available in Canada only.

vCash
    Guys, SC we will be streaming official practice sessions on Monday, March 11 and Tuesday, March 12, live from Budweiser Gardens

Live streaming of practices is available in Canada only.
    Where did you see this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Where did you see this?
    I get email from SC. I have pay access for this season, but couldnt watch practcie because of geoblock But hope someone will see and maybe could upload videos.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast