Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Dance looks like many different things. Just because other skaters do not look like V/M does not mean they do not look like dancers on ice. I see many beautiful dancers on the ice at most competitions.
    Yes, there are many beautiful dancers with their own style and look, but I wish some have better dance technique because it will make their program more enjoyable , but I would acknowledge that personal preference does play a role in our idea of a good dancer. I am not expert by any means, but whatever socioeconomic or sociocultural influences that shaped my perception of a good dancer, I do think VM's dance technique is superior than most and wish others would work on theirs, no matter the style.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I dissagree with this. Ice dance technical comitee changed rules after 2010 OG - uplifting rule, dance rythm rules ect. So for me its look like they wish to back ice dance in Pahomova-Gorshkov era.

My 1 problem with this article is - she copy ice-dance article about modern in ice dance. Plus - i didnt see dance in W-P FD. And i am happy they re-work it and hope it will look much better and will have more dance moves, not just elements.
    It does look like J. Thayer's article. Like I said, I am cynical about this writer already, with her history of bringing down VM's strengths and now hyping up the 2nd Canadian ice dance team, the motivation is kind of suspect. I am probably being unfair but I can't help it.

Anyway, never mind her, looking forward to the revamped W/P's program as well. I hope they can execute their version of modern dance well.

vCash
    http://www.lfpress.com/2013/03/05/vi...o-rock-the-bud

Is this new article? I cant open any lfpress article on my computer

vCash
    http://www.lfpress.com/2013/03/05/vi...o-rock-the-bud

Is this new article? I cant open any lfpress article on my computer
    No. Pretty much the same content as the previous articles; uses the same quotes.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    Yes, there are many beautiful dancers with their own style and look, but I wish some have better dance technique because it will make their program more enjoyable , but I would acknowledge that personal preference does play a role in our idea of a good dancer. I am not expert by any means, but whatever socioeconomic or sociocultural influences that shaped my perception of a good dancer, I do think VM's dance technique is superior than most and wish others would work on theirs, no matter the style.
    That's more-or-less what I was going to say. There are many different styles of dance, but good dance techinque is something separate from style. Good dance technique is a foundation for performing the many different styles of dance well.

vCash
    Dont forget to watch Ice, Sweat and Tears tomorrow.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...195505381.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    That's more-or-less what I was going to say. There are many different styles of dance, but good dance techinque is something separate from style. Good dance technique is a foundation for performing the many different styles of dance well.
    sahararainfall and gerbil, the two of you summed it up perfectly.

The issue is not that the teams present different styles of dance (programs that are ballroom in origin aren't the only "correct" style) but that in some cases the basic skating/technique is not what it should be. And the ISU does seem to be overlooking that technique; it seems to make up only a very small percentage of the mark. Heck in many cases this quad that proper technique doesn't seem to count at all.

I don't even have an issue with the overall theme and choreography of W&P's FD, just that it seemed more like a skeleton of a program. Something seemed to be missing and parts of the dance needed to be filled in. I hope that despite having to deal with Kaitlyn's surgery and recovery, team W&P had time to make the changes that were planned pre injury. W&P are one the teams I can't wait to see at Worlds. I hope they and V&M are able to really bring it in their home country. I always feel happy for skaters when they are able to experience Worlds at home, stress of wanting to do well in front of their countrymen aside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    This. It is not like they have the potential to be golden. They ARE golden. SC needs to step up on this. Now.
    This 100%.

It does seem as if Skate Canada has finally gotten with the program but it shouldn't have taken them this long to promote and speak up on behalf of their Olympic and World champions.

vCash
    In D-W ubers upset about rumors Bowns could be in tech pannel at WCh.
    But happy Judy Blumberg will be tech assis. How this could be - both teams will have there people in tech pannel, but no judge for Canada in ice dance.
    Thats why i am not sure SC know, how to work for there skaters. I think at WCh Cnadian judge was only in Nice.
    And no Canadian judge in men competiions.

I always feel happy for skaters when they are able to experience Worlds at home, stress of wanting to do well in front of their countrymen aside.
    Me too.

vCash
    But happy Judy Blumberg will be tech assis. How this could be - both teams will have there people in tech pannel, but no judge for Canada in ice dance.
    Thats why i am not sure SC know, how to work for there skaters. I think at WCh Cnadian judge was only in Nice.
    And no Canadian judge in men competiions.
    look like you are more worry than D-W ubers

YEAH!
    vCash
    ETA: We better start thinking of thread titles. With the documentary coming up, we might need a new thread even before TS step on ice for the SD.
    I don't know who suggested it but I would go with "London Calling."

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I don't even have an issue with the overall theme and choreography of W&P's FD, just that it seemed more like a skeleton of a program. Something seemed to be missing and parts of the dance needed to be filled in.
    Agree... it's missing the "connective tissue" like Swan says (even though I think that analogy is gross ). I love Allison Holker of SYTYCD, their choreographer, so I was quite disappointed when I didn't like their program. Interesting, well placed lifts, but nothing else really struck me as "dance." It is damn hard to translate modern dance to the ice. S&S did it successfully with Pina.

Who? I gather he or she is Canadian?

vCash
    Marie Bowns. Yes, she is from Canada. But she was at GPF this season, so I am not sure she will be at WCh. But Blumberg is huge DW
    fan and VM hater.she's

vCash
    Marie Bowns. Yes, she is from Canada. But she was at GPF this season, so I am not sure she will be at WCh. But Blumberg is huge DW
    fan and VM hater.she's
    Marie hate DW so this all equal now Dostatni love Igor and hate everyone so C-B will win. This result already decided now time to go on vacations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    Marie hate DW so this all equal now Dostatni love Igor and hate everyone so C-B will win. This result already decided now time to go on vacations
    You've been telling the same joke now for 80 posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    You've been telling the same joke now for 80 posts.
    It is good thing you pay attention

vCash
    Dont forget to watch Ice, Sweat and Tears tomorrow.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...195505381.html
    I hope they put it online after it airs tomorrow.

I really can't believe Worlds is already next week. How many people from here are going to be there?

vCash
    Our beloved team will win! Keep the faith everyone. For those of you going to Worlds, give an extra cheer from those of us watching at home. Your energy will help them bring home the Gold! I cannot wait to watch and see you all cheering for them. The debates of late have certainly guaranteed that the 2 dance events will be super super exciting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I hope they put it online after it airs tomorrow.

I really can't believe Worlds is already next week. How many people from here are going to be there?
    Yes. I hope so. And I hope we will see more in this movie, than we already saw.
    I think a lot off FAIrs will go to see WCh live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    It is good thing you pay attention
    Hard to ignore the annoying child who keeps screaming "look at me, look at me" and all you want to say is "stfu, I've already seen you do the same thing multiple times already"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Hard to ignore the annoying child who keeps screaming "look at me, look at me" and all you want to say is "stfu, I've already seen you do the same thing multiple times already"
    I'm sorry your child is annoying to you

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast