Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    IDK...if my makeup looked that good on a regular basis, I'd be happy!
    i was just pointing out that her makeup looks different than usual/reapplied

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    hose of you who didn't venture into them, there was a lot of confusion as to why the stop, then some nasty snarking about V/M pulling the "ohhhh, we're playing the injured card cause we can't catch D/W" versus those who felt there was an actual physical problem. Oh yeah, and then there was the "let's get on Scott's case cause he's being nasty with a camera person" versus the "hey, they deserve some privacy while at the boards".
    People could talk anything - they didnt have any responsible, maybe they never had injuries and never skate.
    But Tracy and Kurt .... I am not sure they dont need to explane to audience what happened, something about rules (but not like - why they didnt have dedaction?). But from all this FSU talks they still need to say - Tessa afraid to lose D-W and this will thye same

For example. People could talk - or, P-B missed ECh, because they afraid to lose teams from Russia, when they saw judges, who will be there.
    Or, W-P didnt skate at Nationals and 4CC, because they need time to re-worked programs in this season, because they had problems with FD and SD. And its werid Kethlyn was on crutches during Nationals, but after Nationals said she is on ice again and at first dat work with Shae-lynn Bourner, but not just try to be on ice.
    I know, this is crazy speculation, but could people on FSU talk about this? Yes. Could commentator on TV talking about this? No. This is my point with Tessa too. But if all skaters support Weaver and Bourzat, they all try humiliate her even more, start all talking anly - how they didnt hav dedaction, why they get so high marks, why this lift were count?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    who does this guy think he is https://twitter.com/tony_wheeler/sta...52065533075456

eta:

you can tell though that she was crying before as her makeup looked alittle messy
    http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...07407916_n.jpg
    His job is to be snarky though. And he's very pro american in his videos.

vCash
    I really do hope they stay, but I have been hearing whisperings... Tessa really just isn't that into it anymore. I had heard that they intended to retire after the Vancouver Olympics, (Actually, Chan (yes, Patrick Chan, not even 20 at the time) as well but I think he had more of a motivation to keep going since he didn't medal/win in Vancouver) and I'm sure Skate Canada pushed them to stay. Though, this is not from the mainstream media, but the whisperings around the rink and such... no one knows for sure!

I remember Patrick talked he could retier after 2010 OG.
    In any case, hope they will made what wil be better for them.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    that does not make him any less of an asshole

eta: i, too keep wondering if the change they made with the first spin is temporary or that they made that change because they couldnt practice the spin enough or train for it due to tessa's injury
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 02-25-2013 at 10:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    that does not make him any less of an asshole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post

I remember Patrick talked he could retier after 2010 OG.
    In any case, hope they will made what wil be better for them.
    I think people saying Tessa is not that into it anymore is a rumor started as a result of people stating she stopped because she was scared or couldn't breath. I don't think that's true, I believe there was something wrong that had to do with her legs. If they retire after Worlds it'll because of that. I think they plan on being at the Olympics in 2014 though based on interviews and articles we've seen this past season. Sigh…we'll see in about two weeks if that's still the plan I guess.

vCash
    I really do hope they stay, but I have been hearing whisperings... Tessa really just isn't that into it anymore. I had heard that they intended to retire after the Vancouver Olympics, (Actually, Chan (yes, Patrick Chan, not even 20 at the time) as well but I think he had more of a motivation to keep going since he didn't medal/win in Vancouver) and I'm sure Skate Canada pushed them to stay. Though, this is not from the mainstream media, but the whisperings around the rink and such... no one knows for sure!
    Well, I want to believe no skating federation would push an ailing athlete and her partner to stay in competition against their will year after year, that would make them pretty heartless and cruel, don't you think? And quite frankly, I've found Tessa to be into Carmen 100% and more although it's their most challenging FD ever IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Well, I want to believe no skating federation would push an ailing athlete and her partner to stay in competition against their will year after year, that would make them pretty heartless and cruel, don't you think? And quite frankly, I've found Tessa to be into Carmen 100% and more although it's their most challenging FD ever IMO.
    Yes. But things could change after 4CC. Yes, will see what will happen in two weeks. DW sound very confident and they know more then we all together. Like I said before - hope they will made what is better to them.
    Last edited by pani; 02-26-2013 at 12:19 AM.

vCash
    If anyone actually believes Tessa isn't into it anymore, I doubt they've seen her skate at all this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    If anyone actually believes Tessa isn't into it anymore, I doubt they've seen her skate at all this season.
    Amen!

Odd thing is if they manage to win Worlds all this talk/rumours will go out the window....until next year. It really begins to give me a headache.

Banned Member
    vCash
    its not that she isnt into it anymore its just that her chronic injury is making it hard for her to enjoy it (well thats what i assume)

vCash
    its not that she isnt into it anymore its just that her chronic injury is making it hard for her to enjoy it (well thats what i assume)
    But what are you basing that assumption on? Like what are you seeing/using that means Tessa is not enjoying it anymore?

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    This. Girl is into it big time.

V/M have given every indication they plan to be in Sochi next year. Not only that, didn't they also join the RBC Olympians program? People aren't signing up for stuff like that if they're not planning on going to the Olympics.

As for Tessa's leg issues, I'm not convinced what happened at 4CC was related to the CECS. They were rubbing her left thigh when they stopped. As her problems are with her shins and calves, not her thigh, it's very possibly--even likely--this wasn't related to previous issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    But what are you basing that assumption on? Like what are you seeing/using that means Tessa is not enjoying it anymore?
    Yes it's really never a good idea to 'assume' anything. I don't know why I get the feeling these rumours and assumptions are all part of the ground work to discredit V/M and find 'reasons' why they shouldn't or won't win the Olympics. I'm not accusing anyone in particular but it all seems a little too convenient. They just seem to get ridiculed and questioned over everything while others are given a river of sympathy. People (even 'fans') always seem to doubt their motives I don't quite understand it. I know there will always be haters but it's a bit beyond at times. Is it really any wonder they avoid social media? Maybe I'll join them in the 'ignorance is bliss' department because this, year after year, is getting to be downright depressing.
    Last edited by sequins; 02-26-2013 at 02:14 AM.

vCash
    I have been wondering why they didn't get the same "sympathy" as the other skaters that got injured.

vCash
    I just wanted to say that regarding the cbc broadcast of 4cc, Kurt did say that it was the referee who stopped the music before Scott decided to go to the boards and say they're stopping. That could be why the referee did not deduct.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Yes it's really never a good idea to 'assume' anything. I don't know why I get the feeling these rumours and assumptions are all part of the ground work to discredit V/M and find 'reasons' why they shouldn't or won't win the Olympics. I'm not accusing anyone in particular but it all seems a little too convenient. They just seems to get ridiculed and questioned over everything while others are given a river of sympathy. People (even 'fans') always seems to doubt their motives I don't quite understand it. I know there will always be haters but it's a bit beyond at times. Is it really any wonder they avoid social media? Maybe I'll join them in the 'ignorance is bliss' department because this, year after year, is getting to be downright depressing.
    I wasn't going to say it, but I think you and I may be thinking the same thing. And I don't think those rumors are coming from V/M's team either....

vCash
    "Scott: All you know, as soon as you get out of bed, as long as you make it into the rink and you see my face, everything will be fine."

http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...s-you-get.html

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Yes it's really never a good idea to 'assume' anything. I don't know why I get the feeling these rumours and assumptions are all part of the ground work to discredit V/M and find 'reasons' why they shouldn't or won't win the Olympics. I'm not accusing anyone in particular but it all seems a little too convenient. They just seem to get ridiculed and questioned over everything while others are given a river of sympathy. People (even 'fans') always seem to doubt their motives I don't quite understand it. I know there will always be haters but it's a bit beyond at times. Is it really any wonder they avoid social media? Maybe I'll join them in the 'ignorance is bliss' department because this, year after year, is getting to be downright depressing.
    I know how you feel. It seems to be getting worse the more they win. I think that some people "hate" them because they know, deep down, V&M really are the best ice dancers right now and this upsets them. I do not believe for a moment that Tessa wants to give up. She and Scott are fierce competitors and will skate through Sochi.

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast