Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    But this could mean PJ didnt know nothing, no?
    T-S usually didnt talk much with press before WCh, not talking about after what happened.
    What did pj say?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Thank you. I too noticed the tension, I'm not sure it means anything except that Tessa and Scott really didn't want to be there at that moment. Ugh sucks so bad, I did feel sad watching it again.

I also rewatched their FD from Worlds 2011 last night. I love that program so much, one of my top favs!
    That's so funny -- I just You Tubed that same event last night myself. I hadn't watched it much last season, because of the SD -- I didn't like having the direct comparison, especially since I absolutely loved the beginning of their Latin FD. Then yesterday I just had a hankering.

ITA -- tense, yes, but not necessarily between the teams, so much as VM just not wanting to be... public, at that time. It was even harder to watch on my big screen, HD. Tessa looked so upset in the FD.

I just wish they'd shown the SD... I would love to watch that again and again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    IDK...if my makeup looked that good on a regular basis, I'd be happy!
    I agree. She looks terrific.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    you can tell though that she was crying before as her makeup looked alittle messy
    http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...07407916_n.jpg
    I'm not seeing that at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I agree. She looks terrific.
    Agree

Still not sure, why Tessa need to take part in all this media, fan meeting and exibitions? If skaters are ill or have injury they could miss ex - nothing wrong with this. Why to push her so hard? Just let to her get a rest she need.
    Then i cant understand - if CBC showed this competitions so late (i am not sure they need to do this at all) why not to give more information about how thing going now? With team Canada at WCh, injuries ect?
    Then i think if T-S will go to OG (after all this i am not sure again and after i re-watch them at OG i have thought, maybe they could have easy lifes if stoped compete after 2010) they dont need to go to WTT this year. This competition will not be in OG format again. I find this crazy - didnt gave skaters a chance to compete, like this will be at OG before 2014. Then - another trip to Asia and then they must go to CSOI without any rest. SC made so many promotion for W-P and like i found yerstaday no more question about there compete at WCh, why couldnt they go to WTT and work on there team? Or Gillis-Porie - so many SC post about them in internet, made videos ect. So i dont see any problems, if one time V-M will think about them, not about team. Especially when in this format team Canada will not have any chances for gold. As for money... Maybe rest is more important for this two, especially before OG (if they will go).
    Plus they need more time to be ready for next season. At least they need made new programs before summer or in June, no tlike this was last season - in August.
    And SC focusing only on Patrick. So they alwayse have him for WTT, especially because they let him not compete at 4CC.

As for team competition at OG. For me all this idea sound bad. Skaters never skate 4 times there programs at 1 competitions. Yes, when we had qualy round, single skaters or low rank skaters did this 3 time, but not 4.
    Each team can only do two replacement. So 2 from top skaters in the team must skate 4 times at OG. If in SP teams need to qualy to the final round, they could use lower ranked skaters, but in finale all need to skate LP - its much harder, then SP.
    Plus so many good skaters never get medals at OG. Even at WCh. But now skaters, who never were even in top 10 at WCh (like Reeds from Japan) could get medal at OG. And some much better ice dance teams will have 4, 5, 6 places in individual events. I dont thinks its good thing at all.
    And i am sure, Partick, if he at all will compete at team competitions at OG, will skate max 1 program. So need V-M work on there team? SC have W-P, they love them so much, they push them so hard....

And the sad thing for me is. Team like V-M we could not see during next 30 years (like it was since T-D), but they have less support even in there own country, then generick ice dancers.

vCash
    Pani - to answer your question about why the CBC team didn't give an update - I think there are a couple reasons.
    But I think the main one is that CBC does the whole telecast as though it were a current event. That is - they gave no indication that it had happened ages ago. So I think if they did an update it would ruin the facade!
    The other reason there was not a lot of explanation etc. is I don't think TS did any interviews other than the official press conference - where what they said sounded very scripted / closed lipped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Pani - to answer your question about why the CBC team didn't give an update - I think there are a couple reasons.
    But I think the main one is that CBC does the whole telecast as though it were a current event. That is - they gave no indication that it had happened ages ago. So I think if they did an update it would ruin the facade!
    The other reason there was not a lot of explanation etc. is I don't think TS did any interviews other than the official press conference - where what they said sounded very scripted / closed lipped.
    Yes. But today its look a little werid, when all could see competitions "live" in internet.
    Plus SC must know, what is going on with there best skaters, no?

vCash
    Here is an excerpt from the WTT announcement:
    To be in compliance with Rule 136, paragraph 6, the following directive is issued by the ISU Council. Any Skater/Couple from a Qualified ISU Member, who [B]placed within the first ten (10) places at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013 and is ranked in the ISU World Standings among the best 2 Lady Single Skaters, best 2 Men Single Skaters, the best Pair Skating couple and the best Ice Dance couple of his/her/their respective Qualified ISU Member, if this Skater/Couple elects in advance of the ISU World Team Trophy not to participate in the ISU World Team Trophy (for whatever reason), he/she/they will not be permitted to participate in any other competitions, shows, and exhibitions from Monday noon (March 18, 2013) after the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013, during the ISU World Team Trophy, and until April 15, 2013.
    So looking at those exclusion dates, Tessa and Scott could miss the WTT and still participate in CSOI. I think they will rest instead of going to WTT, but it'll probably depend on what Tessa decides - that's just my guess.

As to Sochi, there are a lot of things I dislike about the team event, in general. But I don't think SC will ask V/M to compete more than they feel comfortable with, TBH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post
    I'm not seeing that at all.
    Me either.

Pani I agree with Accordion. I honesty think Tessa and Scott declined an explanation or interview (even the lfp article didn't have any quotes from them). They cant seem to catch a break this season. And I too hope they don't go to WTT, I feel like that would be too much with CSOI.

vCash
    Thanks, flowerpower! When CSOI will start this year?
    And russian top skaters will not have part at WTT (like i know).

vCash
    Me either.

Pani I agree with Accordion. I honesty think Tessa and Scott declined an explanation or interview (even the lfp article didn't have any quotes from them). They cant seem to catch a break this season. And I too hope they don't go to WTT, I feel like that would be too much with CSOI.
    Like i said before - SC must know everything. This was happened 2 weeks ago, so i think thinfs could change, no?

vCash
    Thanks, flowerpower! When CSOI will start this year?
    And russian top skaters will not have part at WTT (like i know).
    CSOI doesn't start until April 19, so V/M could still do it, even if they miss WTT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    CSOI doesn't start until April 19, so V/M could still do it, even if they miss WTT.
    Good! Hope they will use this chance this season
    And i dont like Kurt comment about dedaction. When Kethlyn, Fabien get injuries, all were like- o, poor girl, o, poor Fabien. How this is sad. Like its must be.
    And when Tessa get injurie all what he could say - werid rule about dedaction. And noone from skaters didnt support Tess, just talking about dedaction

vCash
    Good! Hope they will use this chance this season
    And i dont like Kurt comment about dedaction. When Kethlyn, Fabien get injuries, all were like- o, poor girl, o, poor Fabien. How this is sad. Like its must be.
    And when Tessa get injurie all what he could say - werid rule about dedaction. And noone from skaters didnt support Tess, just talking about dedaction
    This is solely the impression I got while watching it (and I'm probably incorrect), but I kind of didn't like the tone if I'm being totally honest. Not necessarily Kurt questioning the lack of deduction (that's sort of an independent issue), but I kind of felt like Tessa was being thrown under the bus a bit, especially when Tracey kept insisting Scott wanted to go on, but she didn't; I didn't get a general supportive tone. But maybe it's because it wasn't live and the script just came across that way.

vCash
    Like i said before - SC must know everything. This was happened 2 weeks ago, so i think thinfs could change, no?
    I don't think SC necessarily knows. Like you said before, Tessa has seemed really healthy since the beginning of the 2011/2012 season - skating freely and with great strength, not missing any competitions - it looked like her legs were fine. But compartment syndrome can recur unpredictably, we know that. Was this cramping related to a lack of hydration/air travel/something else minor ?? or something more serious?? It might be hard to know at this point. Let's not jump to conclusions. I'm sure V/M are consulting with their trainers and medical staff; she'll get any assistance she needs.

vCash
    This is solely the impression I got while watching it (and I'm probably incorrect), but I kind of didn't like the tone if I'm being totally honest. Not necessarily Kurt questioning the lack of deduction (that's sort of an independent issue), but I kind of felt like Tessa was being thrown under the bus a bit, especially when Tracey kept insisting Scott wanted to go on, but she didn't; I didn't get a general supportive tone. But maybe it's because it wasn't live and the script just came across that way.
    I dont like this. How i could hope other fans and skaters will support Tessa if Tracy and Kurt didnt? Not only didnt show support, but sound like they didnt belive in Tessa injury So what people, who saw this, could thinking about this girl, who didnt support Scott, who want to skate after her mistake, now?

vCash
    I *think* that since Tracy and Kurt were supposed to be responding to it as if live meant they had to act as though they knew nothing. Since we don't know when any of that was taped, it's hard to say how much they did and didn't know. Considering what we all thought when we watched it live, they were echoing some of the sentiment expressed here on FSU in the comps threads.

For those of you who didn't venture into them, there was a lot of confusion as to why the stop, then some nasty snarking about V/M pulling the "ohhhh, we're playing the injured card cause we can't catch D/W" versus those who felt there was an actual physical problem. Oh yeah, and then there was the "let's get on Scott's case cause he's being nasty with a camera person" versus the "hey, they deserve some privacy while at the boards".

FWIW, I think that Tracy & Kurt were trying to be objective but considering it was Canadians, talking about Canadians ON a Canadian channel, I would have hoped for a bit more understanding.

Upon rewatching their stop, I was trying to determine if I saw anything with Tessa that might have looked like she was in pain. It looked to me like she was favouring her left leg a bit, before they attempted the lift and at the boards. I get camps in different parts of my legs and feet and sometimes they are quite painful. Usually, if I take a few minutes to stretch it carefully and in the right manner, the cramp goes away. However, during the time it's cramping, I feel like I can't do much nor control that part of my leg/foot/toe. If Tessa was experiencing anything at all like what I get, then she and Scott made the right decision to NOT try that lift. Doing so could have led to a serious injury if Tessa didn't have complete control of her leg. Wise choice by them both, despite the naysayers.

I am really looking forward to seeing them (and many other skaters who I love/enjoy) competing in {fake} London. Regardless of how they finish, I will be proud of all they have accomplished. That being said ... GO TESSA & SCOTT!!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Even if Tessa were in tremendous pain, it may be that she didn't show it.

I watched a ballet this past weekend where one of dancers had a nasty fall (first time I'd ever seen something like that happen in a ballet!). Well, you'd never know she was in any pain at all. My companion actually asked afterwards if I thought the fall was part of the choreo. Point is, she is trained to show nothing but the performance. I don't get why some people think that ice dancers wouldn't be the same way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whoa View Post
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. What kind of camera/lens(es) do you use?
    Sorry for taking an age to respond, I was at an event all weekend! Thank you all so much <3

I use a Nikon D3s with a 70-200 f/2.8 lens

vCash
    Tessa didn't show she was in pain the last time she stopped in 2011. She didn't show she was in pain at worlds 2009 when she was on the ice. She never really shows her pain. But we know she had two surgeries and has been in pain. She just puts on a brave face and sucks it up as best she can. They said in the interview recently linked her that Scott didn't understand how much pain Tessa was in because she didn't tell him in the 2008/2009 season.

I do think she will be fine and at Worlds though. In 2011 they didn't continue the program. Then she'd had a number of surgeries and chose not to skate through it. The fact that continued and finished the FD in Japan makes me hopeful she wasn't afraid of doing serious damage and that she did cramp up. I think the fact that both incidences happened at 4CC's probably has to do with them amping their training up a notch at that time of the year and the competitions being close to Nationals. They have to manage their training on a schedule to gradually build during the season because of her past issues and maybe 4CC is just too close to Nationals for her regime. I know US Nationals is even closer but Tessa has a physical history to consider and compensate for, she can't train full out from August. I also don't think they would make a program like they made if Tessa were as injured as she was in earlier seasons. I'm optimistic about Worlds. In 2011 they skated a fantastic FD in Russia and could have just as easily and justifiable won that title. She can do it again in London.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast