Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    I was able to positively identify the location of the following scenes below from the video. Not certain about the "exact" location of the others, although some are obviously from somewhere in Saskatchewan (prairies scene), The Rockies (mountain peaks), and the Pacific or Atlantic coast (lighthouse). I suspect this scene is somewhere in Montreal, but I can't confirm.

Parliament buildings, Ottawa

Toronto

CN Tower closeup, Toronto

Canadian Museum of civilization, Hull/Gatineau Quebec (view of Ottawa parliament hill across the Ottawa river)

Vancouver

Vancouver waterfront

London Ontario
    WOW! Thank you

vCash
    The Montreal scene looks like the Notre dame Basilica.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    The Montreal scene looks like the Notre dame Basilica.
    Notre Dame in Montreal has a different roof. The street looks familiar but can't for the life of me think of it right now.

The lighthouse is in New Brunswick (East Quoddy Lighthouse on Campobello Island)

eta....The Basilica to me looks like it's in Ontario, the picture just looks like a street you would find in Ontario. I found this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Pet...silica,_London

My guess is this is it. St. Peter's Cathedral in London, Ontario.
    Last edited by bmcg; 02-18-2013 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    eta....The Basilica to me looks like it's in Ontario, the picture just looks like a street you would find in Ontario. I found this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Pet...silica,_London

Right, it's not a Montreal scene, it's St Peter's Cathedral Basilica in London, just a few blocks north of the arena where Worlds will be held. :-)
    Last edited by flowerpower; 02-18-2013 at 06:19 PM.

vCash
    Guys, you did great job with this video. Thank you all
    Look, like not everyone voted in best ice dance team thread. I am not sure, did i need to this or no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Guys, you did great job with this video. Thank you all
    Look, like not everyone voted in best ice dance team thread. I am not sure, did i need to this or no?
    I voted! and if you're a V/M uber, you might want to mosey on over to that thread and vote for Tessa & Scott
    Crazy about sports!

vCash

Virtue and Moir 25: Road to home

Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I just used Google maps street scene, and moved down the road from the Cathedral you mentioned. The buildings across the street "FARHI" matched the video. I had assumed it was Montreal because they were not represented in the video, considering It is one of the three largest cities in Canada.
    Last edited by rvi5; 02-19-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I voted! and if you're a V/M uber, you might want to mosey on over to that thread and vote for Tessa & Scott
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-a-Partnership

link for anyone who hasnt voted

vCash
    http://www.lfpress.com/2013/02/18/of...t-virtues-legs

An article from the London Free Press, which basically says there's nothing to worry about. No quotes from VM, only from Skate Canada. (I was surprised, myself, at the lack of coverage for the ice dance free from 4CC, considering the dramatic circumstances for VM; while major newspapers covered the SD results, there was almost nothing for the FD, perhaps a brief mention of winning silver, except in a few smaller publications and from skating sites; I'm going to guess that CBC will have at least a phone interview from VM by the time they finally air 4CC, even if it is again just to say almost nothing on the subject!)

vCash
    I know it has been mentioned many times that Tessa needs physio pretty much every day. When they were asked what they needed to "own the podium" for 2010 VM's answer was a physiotherapist at all competitions. Clearly for Tessa -managing her legs is as much a part of their daily routine as any other part of their training. In addition, they have said that when Tessa chose not to have another surgery - they had to change the way they skated to use different muscles. Perhaps this late into the season with the demands of the programs - and plane travel to Asia - which can be very taxing on the skaters as well - there was just more demand on her legs and they didn't manage it as they well as they could have. They mentioned wanting to get home and get things all worked out. Maybe 4CC was a good practice run for the demands of Worlds and they can adjust the attention to her legs accordingly. In addition - there will be far less travel time to London!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort View Post

An article from the London Free Press, which basically says there's nothing to worry about. No quotes from VM, only from Skate Canada. (I was surprised, myself, at the lack of coverage for the ice dance free from 4CC, considering the dramatic circumstances for VM; while major newspapers covered the SD results, there was almost nothing for the FD, perhaps a brief mention of winning silver, except in a few smaller publications and from skating sites; I'm going to guess that CBC will have at least a phone interview from VM by the time they finally air 4CC, even if it is again just to say almost nothing on the subject!)
    Dont know why, but lfpress links didnt work for me. Could you tell, what they said about Tessa? Just like in the twitter - nothing to worry about?

The Accordion I think last season and in this season Tessa did more off-ice war-ups, then before OG, where they did nothing.
    I agree, this programs is very difficult, she work too hard on and off ice. My only wish she will be OK and nothing more.
    And in old good times ice dance teams had so many secrets from each other
    And now this patnership work on D-W more, then on V-M, because they know all about Tessa conditions and this made them relaxed and confident during competitions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort View Post

I'm not really surprised about the lack of reports about what happened in the FD; it was so unexpected and upsetting. I'm not really expecting an interview before Worlds about it either. If it was Tessa's legs acting up again, I'm expecting them to be really mum about about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Dont know why, but lfpress links didnt work for me. Could you tell, what they said about Tessa? Just like in the twitter - nothing to worry about?
    This part about Tessa and Scott:

Mike Slipchuk was at rinkside in Osaka, Japan last week when Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir stopped their free dance because of cramping in her legs.

He isn’t losing any sleep over the current state of the Olympic champs.

“It’s not anything that’s going to be of significance when they skate next month (at the world figure-skating championships) in London,” Skate Canada’s director of high performance said. “They went back out and finished the free dance, then they skated in the gala.

“There’s no reason for concern. Of course, they will go back and re-evaluate everything and do what they have to over the next few weeks to be ready to go, but that’s normal process for this time of the year.”

Slipchuk was also in Taiwan two years ago when Virtue and Moir halted their free dance at the Four Continents championships because of cramping in her leg. The ice dance stars withdrew, then ended up finishing second at worlds.

“To me, it’s a totally different situation than two years ago in Taipei,” Slipchuk said. “Back then, that was their first event of the season. They hadn’t skated at nationals (because of Virtue’s recovery from surgery to ease her compartment syndrome). This time, they’ve had a full season and they’ve answered the call.

“To me, Four Continents (where they finished second to Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White) was a very good event for them. They had a very positive result in the short dance and we know what they’ve been able to do with Carmen.

“I’m very encouraged by what they accomplished there.”

Virtue and Moir have made it their mission to push the limits of what’s possible in their ice-dance discipline. Slipchuk brushes aside suggestions their free dance is simply too physically demanding and risky.

“Every year, Tessa and Scott find ways to challenge themselves and their programs are always very difficult — that’s what drives skaters who are at their level,” he said. “They’re constantly looking at what will make it better. People that hadn’t seen them since nationals were surprised at how different the program looked (at Four Continents) and what they were able to do with it.

“I’m sure they will make even more changes again heading into worlds.”

These worlds decide how many skaters Canada will send to the Olympics in Sochi, Russia next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    This part about Tessa and Scott:
    Thank you a lot!

People that hadn’t seen them since nationals were surprised at how different the program looked (at Four Continents) and what they were able to do with it.

“I’m sure they will make even more changes again heading into worlds.”
    Did you, guys, saw a lot off changes in FD since Nationals? I hope they will not made major changes at this point - just will polish both programs.

vCash
    Hi everyone! I'm new around here but have been following your thread and v/m for a long time. I am a huge fan of figure skating especially ice dance!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Welcome PEZazzz!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I'm not really surprised about the lack of reports about what happened in the FD; it was so unexpected and upsetting. I'm not really expecting an interview before Worlds about it either. If it was Tessa's legs acting up again, I'm expecting them to be really mum about about it.
    Yeah... I'm a little worried actually. You would think there would be tons of press going into their hometown Worlds, but they're so quiet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new around here but have been following your thread and v/m for a long time. I am a huge fan of figure skating especially ice dance!
    Welcome, welcome!

vCash
    tessa virtue and scott moir were at skating practice this morning. So cool!
    https://twitter.com/Hannahb298/statu...99153830363136

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Welcome.........the more the merrier
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    So they're in Canada?

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast