Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    That's not Tessa! That actually pisses me off cuz everybody now thinks that's her even other skaters. Also on FB there's a fake Tessa that has almost 9,000 followers.

Which one is Oksana G and what does she say about Carmen?
    She is one in history two time OGM in ice dance with Evgenii Platon (in 1994 and 1998)/ She said
    Your Carmen is awesome! I really love it!
    But who know- is trhis real Oksana?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    She is one in history two time OGM in ice dance with Evgenii Platon (in 1994 and 1998)/ She said

LOL I just saw Elena's post: You are amazing Tess:-) I miss you so much!!!"
    I feel like telling everybody that's a fake Tessa.

vCash
    Take it easy They all know each other, so will find is this is truth.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I know, I felt bad for Elena there.

vCash
    I was just kidding, I think. Lol but we all know it ain't Tess. It's actually pretty funny.

vCash
    Wow. This thread really blew up since the last time I was here. That IN article is just laughable - I think we can all agree on that. I'm choosing not to read the article in its entirety, just going by what has been discussed on this forum thus far and skimming the article. Does anyone know if Lois Elfman has any actual figure skating/ice dance qualifications or is she purely a journalist? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious.

On a positive note, just watched the promo videos for Ice Sweat Tears and Marina is adorable ... along with Scott and Tessa, of course I can't wait to watch the whole program.

vCash
    I suppose we could put it down to imitation being the higest form of flattery but still -- creepy what people will do.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Sorry what exactly did PJ say. I missed it.

vCash
    PJ used a cheese analogy. She said that V-M were this incredibly expensive, exclusive, kind of cheese and D-W were, well, sliced cheese. I found it amusing because I use similar analogies. Just not with cheese, mind you, as I do not particularly like it. But I often say, for instance, that V-M are a lot like Federer: Graceful, effortless in movement, regal, artistic, cerebral, versatile whereas D-W are more like Rafael Nadal: aggressive, very athletic and fast, lethal with one stroke, but very one-dimensional. He wins points almost the same way all the time, but who cares? He always wins them and that is what counts.

I could also say that V-M are Fiona Apple and D-W are Adele, and while I feel it's an apt comparison, I happen to like both, which is certainly not the case with V-M and D-W. No offense to D-W, it's just a matter of taste and they do nothing for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    PJ used a cheese analogy. She said that V-M were this incredibly expensive, exclusive, kind of cheese and D-W were, well, sliced cheese. I found it amusing because I use similar analogies. Just not with cheese, mind you, as I do not particularly like it. But I often say, for instance, that V-M are a lot like Federer: Graceful, effortless in movement, regal, artistic, cerebral, versatile whereas D-W are more like Rafael Nadal: aggressive, very athletic and fast, lethal with one stroke, but very one-dimensional. He wins points almost the same way all the time, but who cares? He always wins them and that is what counts.

I could also say that V-M are Fiona Apple and D-W are Adele, and while I feel it's an apt comparison, I happen to like both, which is certainly not the case with V-M and D-W. No offense to D-W, it's just a matter of taste and they do nothing for me.
    Not even most of the Federer fanatics would make this kind of comments about Nadal any more.

vCash
    This is not a tennis topic, but Nadal is a one-dimensional player. He has three combos that end with him opening the court wide and sending a winner cross-court with his forehand. This is not an insult, there's nothing wrong with having a weapon and using it to win, in fact, I prefer it. Federer has more weapons and often makes the wrong choice.

vCash
    Yeah, I prefer Nadal to Federer every day of the week and twice on Sundays, so I cringe whenever you bring up that analogy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Yeah, I prefer Nadal to Federer every day of the week and twice on Sundays, so I cringe whenever you bring up that analogy.
    I just mean it style-wise. Federer is very balletic and he has gorgeous footwork, not to mention that he is, perhaps, the most technical player we've seen. Yet, look at the H2H, look who always comes out the winner. So, again, I'm not comparing their results, but their styles and demeanor.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash

lets hope v/m become the next g/p and win back to back gold medals

vCash
    I think that comment by PJ was a little unfair and not very classy to be honest. I do agree that D and W seem to be forcing this great romantic cheesy story but they are still great skaters and are dancing the hell out of the program. I still find them frantic and find their transitions are sorely lacking. And the choreography as a whole I don't like so much. I do think Carmen is far more sophisticated, cohesive and risky. But D and W are doing great elements. their spin is fantastic and a few of their lifts. I just don't think this program is near as good as last years and I don't thin they should have gone this angle and I don't buy it from them/I hope nest year they go with something more voidy or modern and athletic. I really hope V and M get it together in time for Worlds. Their SD is great and I love their FD despite not loving the changes. They really didn't deserve to win at 4CC. The program lost all spark and momentum after the stop. I want them to win and considering that they were only three points behind with a major stoppage is good news. But I really think whatever happens they will still be considered contenders in Sochi due to this masterpiece of a FD.

vCash
    Re: vmfan82's post:

It was absolutely apparent during the fan meet and greet last summer, brief as my interaction was, that Tessa really focusses on the moment. She was at once polished, polite and professional, but also incredibly genuine, warm, and present. I would have been happy enough just to have had the chance to stand opposite them, and to have the opportunity to give them that card filled with the messages we all so wanted them to hear, and it wouldn't have mattered had they treated the meet n' greet as a media obligation and coasted through the interactions. But I left with a memory and then some because I was blown away by the intensity of their focus, how they really considered each and every person, and the depth of their active engagement. I was actually taken aback, it would explain the extent of my contact high, by just how private and intimate the interaction felt for me; when Tessa spoke with me, she was speaking with me, not a single distraction or lapse in eye contact. No matter that she didn't know me from b. That's just classy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    I think that comment by PJ was a little unfair and not very classy to be honest. .
    Its unfair to talk PJ said this about D-W, she said this about CHOREO of D-W FD And to be honest, a lot off poeple didnt like Zoueva aand Shpilband choreo at all and all season they started with how bad it is
    Not talking about i am not sure this is the place for D-W advertisement. But, like alwayse, after this words i am ready to read 10 pages about how bad i am

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post

Both of your comparisons are more sophisticated&professional than those used by PJ.
    There is no classy way to call somebody cheep and that is exactly what she did to D&W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Both of your comparisons are more sophisticated&professional than those used by PJ.
    There is no classy way to call somebody cheep and that is exactly what she did to D&W.
    One more time - she didnt call D-W cheep, but choreograhfy of D-W FD

Why nobody notice she said D-W is best ice dance team ever? Because D-W ubers love this even this is couldnt be the truth?
    But you are happy she cold them better, then T-D

vCash
    One more time - she didnt call D-W cheep, but choreograhfy of D-W FD

Why nobody notice she said D-W is best ice dance team ever? Because D-W ubers love this even this is couldnt be the truth?
    But you are happy she cold them better, then T-D
    Precisely. People keep missing this point, that comment was about the choreography of Carmen vs Notre Dame. She even went on to say if it was Carmen vs DF she wouldn't be calling it sliced cheese. And if everyone were honest the Notre Dame program was not well received when it first came out. It was obvious even fans were worried. But it was showered with high marks from it´s debut and got a choreography score of 9.54. Added some bells to highlight moves that were lacking pizzaz and put out a few articles about how they've finally mastered their lack of on ice connection and it was showered with 10s at NHK and people were calling it a masterpiece. PJ on the other hand still saw sliced cheese

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast