Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Yes, she's a very strong girl. Very determined, and very much her own person.

My fingers are crossed for them, and I really hope Tessa is healthy. But as Ted Barton of SC British Columbia Section said when interviewing them post-Nationals in 2010 (referring to the Olympics)...no matter what happens, we'll still love you.
    I remember that interview. They talked about Meryl and Charlie hairs :-) Yes, no matter what, we will love them. I asked PJ tell this to Tessa. And its good t
    for them to have support from Canadian journalists. After all they.did.all this for Canada, so deserves to have better support in there home country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I just knocked on wood for you lol. They don't have to win for me (don't get me wrong I would be ecstatic if they did), but I just want them to have two amazing, lights-out, out-of-this-world skates. They deserve it and we deserve it.

Can somebody please tell me how they are so in-sync in this gif? (Really a rhetorical question, but needed an excuse to post the gif)
    Thanks for this gif! That's because they are Virtue and Moir. And they are perfection

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I just knocked on wood for you lol. They don't have to win for me (don't get me wrong I would be ecstatic if they did), but I just want them to have two amazing, lights-out, out-of-this-world skates. They deserve it and we deserve it.

Can somebody please tell me how they are so in-sync in this gif? (Really a rhetorical question, but needed an excuse to post the gif)

Agreed! And the gif - this is my favourite section of the sd!! Such beautiful movement, deep edges and knee action, speed without frenzy so as to accentuate each move and nuance and of course, perfect syncopation. Exquisite.

vCash
    Just read PJ blog. She agree with me about choreo marks. But I added transitions marks too. I know, a lot off people will be angry on her, but thanks PJ you tell this. And if someone love both teams I cant understand, why they didn't see this difference in choreo.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by flowerpower; 02-15-2013 at 05:31 AM.

vCash
    They're so on in that "gif" that they even open and close their mouths in sinchro..... Poor Tessa, she seemingly gets down on herself when she shouldn't. She was a beautiful teenage girl when she won her gold medal, now she is a magnicent woman. They support one another and that's the way it should be. Wonderful to see!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Lovely Valentine's present! Mr. Accordion and I were waiting for our Valentine's dinner to be ready to be picked up and we spent the time watching Virtue and Moir videos! We started with the performance where I first saw them - the freedance at the 2004 Canadian Junior Championship and worked forward. As much as I want them to win FOR THEM - for me - I am just so very grateful for each and every performance of theirs. They are exquisite, mesmerizing, elegant, skaters and actors and dancers. Their lines are SECOND TO NONE. Their range is mind blowing and their grace is beyond comprehension - even when in excruciating pain. Russian folk dance, 2006 Tango, Valse Triste, Farrucas, Mahler, Pink Floyd, Everybody Dance Now, Umbrellas, Latin, this year's waltz and Carmen. These are just a few of their out of the ballpark performances! In addition - I have been watching several of their CDs lately and I swear they have to be among some of the best CD dancers of all time! Thank you V and M for every moment of every performance. Watching these videos tonight reminds me I am proud to be a complete and total UBER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Lovely Valentine's present! Mr. Accordion and I were waiting for our Valentine's dinner to be ready to be picked up and we spent the time watching Virtue and Moir videos! We started with the performance where I first saw them - the freedance at the 2004 Canadian Junior Championship and worked forward. As much as I want them to win FOR THEM - for me - I am just so very grateful for each and every performance of theirs. They are exquisite, mesmerizing, elegant, skaters and actors and dancers. Their lines are SECOND TO NONE. Their range is mind blowing and their grace is beyond comprehension - even when in excruciating pain. Russian folk dance, 2006 Tango, Valse Triste, Farrucas, Mahler, Pink Floyd, Everybody Dance Now, Umbrellas, Latin, this year's waltz and Carmen. These are just a few of their out of the ballpark performances! In addition - I have been watching several of their CDs lately and I swear they have to be among some of the best CD dancers of all time! Thank you V and M for every moment of every performance. Watching these videos tonight reminds me I am proud to be a complete and total UBER!

So well said. They are creating a legacy and I am along for the ride!

vCash
    Just wanna say I agree with everyone who says Scott is a great partener and that it's awesome of him to tell her how proud he is of her. Who wouldn't want to hear that? It just shows me how far they've come. When you look back pre-olympics you can see/tell such a difference in their relationship, and they've been very honest about it as well. I feel like before the injury and before the olympics it was all about winning, all about working towards that, pushing, focusing solely on that and in the midst of that pressure they lost the personal relationship, they forgot they were friends, human beings and they weren't honest with one another which they've admitted because they wanted to win so badly everything else took a backseat. The injury in many ways I think saved them and I wonder if they'd be the team they are today and even Olympic champions without it. I think it forced, especially Scott, to realize how important they are to each other and that if they didn't get back the respect and communication not only would they probably not be a winning team, but probably not a team and maybe not even friends at all. Maybe winning in 2010 relieved a lot of that as well but now when they have difficulties I see Scott handling it totally differently, always supportive, always encouraging, always wth a hug or an arm around to show support. He acts like it doesn't matter because I think he realizes in the end it really doesn't. Tessa is extremely hard on herself for obvious reasons. She is usually the one with the injury problems and I imagine she feels a huge sense of guilt and responsibility but Scott lifts her up with those words of encouragement. It has to or I think she would've given up by now. We no she is such a perfectionist but I can also see she wants so much to please others and to not let anyone down, especially Scott. She wants to make him happy, its why she gave up a chance to be a ballerina , why she went through painful surgeries, rehab and why she still pushes through today even though they've accomplished everything. They love and respect one another like few teams I've ever seen. It's why I love them, why I will miss them so much when they leave, why they will be legends, and why no one has or will ever compare IMO. It's not so much the skating (but that's great too) it's everything else they have that goes with it and that we've had the honour of witnessing.They are once in a lifetime. So when Scott tells her he's proud of her I think he speaks for all of us. I'm proud of both of them. (Sappy huh? must be Valentine's Day hangover)

vCash
    For all the Glee fans, how did you like how the music from Carmen was used? It made me think of Tessa and Scott

vCash
    I am such a dink. When I watch VM I definitely see them both as a whole, though usually focus more on Tessa. Just now I watched the link to the 4cc gala (thanks for the Eurosport version btw!) and really glued my eyes to Scott and he is AMAZING. What have I been doing with my eyes? Or maybe it's one of those things where the more you look at something, the more you see (like all art, oh the proverbial peeling of the onion). He is strength, precision, grace, intensity, sex, gentleness, rolled into one effing pillar of a man. It's like I knew all this already, but tonight I reached yet another level. I'm so happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    You're welcome here, vmfan82! Hope you will enjoy being with us, other VM ans!
    I am too newie here, I started fan about VM only this summer. It just has been some months with their threads, but I already feel so good with this fan company!
    Thank you for your words

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vmfan82 View Post
    Thank you for your words
    Great to see new fans in this thread

Tessa at the Gala finale
    [link:shot.qip.ru|http://shot.qip.ru/00bNeE-3Vmk2GeTk/]

vCash
    I am really disappointed in PJ's choice of analogy in comparing the FDs. Quite honestly, I found it to be rude. I think objectivity is a myth and that we each only have partial, situated knowledges, so I am cool with her being explicit about her preference, as long as she is not dismissive toward other skaters. In this case, she was. I think she has a valid point about the scoring of the choreography (and transitions) with respect to not only V&M but also P&B, and she could easily have made this point without being insulting. How unfortunate.
    Bournekraatzfan, i know, you are very sweet and kind person. Just want to ask you, if you like both teams, why you never see V-M have something better, then D-W? I mean FD choreo.
    Like i said before, i want to say thanks to PJ, because she is one, who support Tessa and Scott and pay attention to this.
    I knew people will start to criticize her for this and will not pay attention she said D-W are best ever ice dancers (wich, like i think, overrating). But why nobody start to criticize Icenetwork and ice-dance. com for posting very rude comments about V-M, Funny Face?
    And if you will watch Icenetwork today thay found an "expert" who said D-W FD choreo is masterpiece. And he talked about D-W and Bobrova-Soloviev FDs (wich i love), but why not to ask them - why you didnt talk about P-B FD? W-P? I-K?
    Last edited by pani; 02-15-2013 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    Sequins and The Accordian Yes, ITA with both posts. Still looking forward to seeing them at Worlds and Can Nats next year. Sad that they will be gone after that. I hope they get to do lots of shows after they retire from competitive skating. I love their "show/gala" performances as well.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    pani, do you have a link to what pj wrote? I've tried looking all over her website and can't find it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    pani, do you have a link to what pj wrote? I've tried looking all over her website and can't find it.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...or-worlds.html

Regardless of the result, the difference between Virtue and Moir's Carmen and Davis and White's Notre Dame programs are like comparing a fine old cheddar cheese to Kraft slices. Both are yummy. Both have their place. But one is definitely finer than the other.

vCash
    Thanks

vCash
    Re the icenetwork article, the introduction said that the DWTS dance person that commented will have a second article on two other dance teams. I expect to see that they are V&M and I&K...I think what is being done is the 1st & 2nd place teams at 4CC's and the first & second place teams at Euros.

pani, I am surprised at you embracing PJ's metaphor for the teams; all well and good to prefer V&M's choreo, but why on earth compare it to a smelly & cheesy cheese (old cheddar)? Surely she could have done something better with a wine comparison?

vCash
    I see no problem with the idea of cheese as a metaphor, but I would have picked different cheeses. An even better comparison would be chocolate. V/M can be a rich 85% dark chocolate and D/W can be, I don't know, quality milk chocolate with caramel or something. Does that fit better?

I am now off to have some dessert.

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast