Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Last season I learned from some FSusers that Tessa was the dominant figure in the V/M partnership and that she was controlling Scott. Now I hear that Scott is controlling Tessa. Who is actually controlling whom in the V/M team? Enquiring minds want to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Last season I learned from some FSusers that Tessa was the dominant figure in the V/M partnership and that she was controlling Scott. Now I hear that Scott is controlling Tessa. Who is actually controlling whom in the V/M team? Enquiring minds want to know.
    Scott control Tessa in SD. Tessa control Scott in FD. Marina controle everyone

vCash
    Hey, that's true! Last year people were saying that Scott got stuck with Funny Face because it was what Tessa wanted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    If he did say that, honestly, that would be his right. They are an athletic team; if he said to her he'd like to continue skating in Olympic-style competition and that he would understand if she couldn't and if so he would find another partner, then there's nothing wrong with that. (Not saying this happened, just that I would hold nothing against him if it did, and I don't think it's a sign of him having an ego). And it would be her right to continue or refuse.

Frankly I'm just so sick of all of the insinuations that Tessa is this frail, feeble little girl who's not only physically injured but also can't think for herself (I'm not talking about your post). I googled the icenetwork thing and I see a lot of it there and on other sites as well (GS).

This is an adult woman who has agency over her life and is perfectly capable of owning her choices. I absolutely love that Scott is protective of her, but I don't want people to mistake that for weakness on her part. I think it's hot that Scott can be brusque with the cameraman but totally tender to Tessa at the same time. I love that. But just because he chooses to play that role in public doesn't mean he controls everything the team does. I mean who wanted Funny Face, who suggested working with a modern dance choreographer.... it wasn't Scott.
    Thank you for this post. I didn't even know icenetwork had a forum; they actually have two threads devoted to what happened at 4CC. I already saw some of the comments attached to the article though. And I made a pretty big mistake going to GS because apparently Scott was the injured one and he's just putting the blame on Tessa. I know we're supposed to ignore all of this, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Honestly I'm just very amused by all of this at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Thank you for this post. I didn't even know icenetwork had a forum; they actually have two threads devoted to what happened at 4CC. I already saw some of the comments attached to the article though. And I made a pretty big mistake going to GS because apparently Scott was the injured one and he's just putting the blame on Tessa. I know we're supposed to ignore all of this, but still.

Honestly I'm just very amused by all of this at this point.
    Eh, it's better than a D/W uber comparing Tessa to a freak show slave (no, I'm not exaggerating). I can't say I'm amused by it, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Eh, it's better than a D/W uber comparing Tessa to a freak show slave (no, I'm not exaggerating). I can't say I'm amused by it, though.
    Wait…what? Somebody compared Tessa to a freak show slave (I Have no idea what that means BTW)? I'm not amused as in I think it's funny, but as in the ridiculousness of it all.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    In case anyone is interested (won't post the link I was sent), the icenetwork forum has a thread where someone posted that perhaps Tessa had to go along continuing to compete despite her pain because it was Scott wanted. Does he seem to be a bit overcontrolling of her at this point? Years back I wonder if he sort of insinuated that he'd maybe do some shows together if he could, but, if needed, would consider seeking another partner to continue on to Sochi. I am not hating, just want her to be happy and that includes physically as she ages.
    people on icenetwork are so ridiculous ugh
    they are just jealous that their favs dont have the same amount of chemistry that tessa and scott have
    although it did look like he was encouraging her to continue
    idek what happened does anyone know what he mouthed to her?

Wait…what? Somebody compared Tessa to a freak show slave (I Have no idea what that means BTW)? I'm not amused as in I think it's funny, but as in the ridiculousness of it all.
    omg what is wrong with these stans that doesnt even make sense

and people think voir stans are worser than merylie stans
    yeah right

btw proustable do you have a link to that?

vCash
    During Worlds 2011, someone compared Tessa Virtue to Sarah Baartman (except with cruder language).

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    During Worlds 2011, someone compared Tessa Virtue to Sarah Baartman (except with cruder language).
    wow that is sexist/misogynist as hell and perhaps racist (not towards tessa obviously) but towards other POC given the historical connotations

vCash
    Anyways I was going to say this awhile ago, but I forgot. I would like to thank all the people that came in here hoping Tessa was ok, even though they said they're really fans of D/W. I thought that was nice. I hope they're both ok, but particularly Tessa, I keep thinking of them.

Totally! It's so classy and it really made a difference that you guys n' gals came in here with kind words.

I LOVE HJay's story about her daughter's experience. It was such an evocative retelling of that magical moment - when you encounter an artwork for the first time with little bias or preconceptions, and experience a powerful response. Welcome to the thread.

This photo is fantastic, from an earlier post of GPF gala practice photos: http://gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-evYAE

As is this! http://gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-evYFs

And this! http://gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-evYF3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    btw proustable do you have a link to that?
    As near as I can tell, it was deleted after a couple people pointed out that being a racist misogynist wasn't a great way to debate (and in fairness, they were called out by D/W fans as well). I'll see if I can find it. Or, you know, not and pretend that it doesn't exist.

I think Carmen and this SD might be their greatest 1-2 punch since the Olympics if not ever, and I'd be sad if it didn't win in London, though. I really wish I could rewrite history a bit here (and make the completely healthy the post-Olympic season, which I have no doubt they would've won given the way their programs were more immediately successful and the ability to hit levels was quite remarkable all things considered). Because I suspect we're gonna see a thematic/technical retreat next year (a program more easily digestible for audiences; a program that they can peak with earlier and longer) I really want the sheer audacity of this FD rewarded.

As for the lead/control debate.... honestly, anyone who chooses to frame the debate this way is projecting a little bit. I think Scott definitely takes the lead in interviews and media presence, but I think Tessa's also very adept and interesting in engaging with the media (the Team Orange interviews from TEB 2011 provided terrific insights to how they operate and are being ignored thoroughly by those who prefer to see it as something else). I think Tessa's got a bit of a lead when it comes to music choices, but I doubt they've skated to anything neither has wanted to. I don't know how you can watch their Olympic OD and not see them as anything but equals (the way Tessa says "Ready Freddy" as if to challenge Scott; his full throttled excitement after they finished. Amazing... and I totally need to go watch this dance right now. Twice. Okay back now).

You know, knowing that Tessa was in pain throughout the Olympic season that they were able to nail this program so entirely really reaffirms just how tough and competitive they were (again, belying anyone who thinks they were bluffing at 4CC).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Totally! It's so classy and it really made a difference that you guys n' gals came in here with kind words.

I LOVE HJay's story about her daughter's experience. It was such an evocative retelling of that magical moment - when you encounter an artwork for the first time with little bias or preconceptions, and experience a powerful response. Welcome to the thread.

This photo is fantastic, from an earlier post of GPF gala practice photos: http://gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-evYAE

As is this! http://gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-evYFs

And this! http://gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-evYF3
    I find the notion that they're both being steam-rolled and controlled by each other ridiculous. Partnerships are about compromise, so if maybe Scott wasn't 100% sold on FF (which I have not heard before BTW), he probably realized how much it meant to Tessa and agreed because he trusts and respects her ... like good partners do. Sheesh, some people are so ridiculous. I won't even talk about it anymore because that's probably what they want in the first place and we know these allegations are false so there's no use defending it any further.

On a more positive note, thanks for all the pics and links, guys! I love seeing Scott and Tessa goofing off/having fun. Sometimes it's really hard to believe they're only 23/25.
    Last edited by elle123; 02-13-2013 at 07:29 AM.

vCash
    edit: del
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 02-13-2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: no need to give someone's hateful comment even more of a presence on this board

vCash
    How long have these two skated together? There is no way they are together that long if one exercises complete control. Just because Tessa is nice doesn't mean she is a pushover. Just because Scott is protective of Tessa doesn't mean he makes all of the decisions. Honestly some folks just want to stir the pot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    BourneKraatzfan, excellent post and I'm really glad you mentioned P&B.

I'm always shocked (though I shouldn't be at this point) when people comment on how they only won their bronze last year due to politics and/or they aren't that good and are about to be passed by other more worthy teams. I've always felt that P&B should be much closer to the top two than the judges have been indicating with their marks. Granted when Tessa and Scott are skating up to their potential (which I realize they have had their issues this year) I would have P&B behind them but P&B are still being slotted into 3rd place no matter what. I really did feel that this season would be different.

Some of us expressed worry over whether the mishap (understatement) in the FD would cost V&M a shot at the gold on home turf. However, I'm wondering/hoping that Fabian's injury and P&B's subsequent withdrawal from Europeans won't cost them as well.

[...]
    Aw, thanks Carmen
    I, too, am surprised at the things I often see about P&B and their bronze last year and agree that there should be less of a gap between them and the top 2 teams. They are capable of getting their levels, have complex choreography and such solid skating skills. just look at their edges. It is also apparent to me that they really dance. Though I prefer W&P (personal preference--I just love them so much) and think B&S have wonderful material and have made significant improvements to their skating, I still think there is quite a gap between P&B and the teams below them. I really wish they were getting more credit for the difficulty of their programs along with their many other fine qualities. I share your concerns re: their absence at Euros, and am just hoping they will be able to bounce back in time for Worlds. They always peak at the right time, imo, and I hope this injury doesn't throw them off.

I should add that I recognize the importance of quality in the area of transitions, so I know that polish is important, but at 4CC, V&M's SD looked incredibly polished so I do not understand why/how they were outscored in that category along with a few other PCS categories (though I know that the differences were smalll so the panel was not unanimous in their decision). I am not sure what to make of the FD marks b/c I do suspect, as professordeb noted, that their PCS suffered from the interruption, and I am fine with that for the most part (still puzzled about the transition mark).

[...]
    But hey if this is what is rewarded then maybe V&M should go to Morozov next season and they can skate to Carrie: The Musical.
    Bahahahaha!

[...]

This is an adult woman who has agency over her life and is perfectly capable of owning her choices. I absolutely love that Scott is protective of her, but I don't want people to mistake that for weakness on her part. I think it's hot that Scott can be brusque with the cameraman but totally tender to Tessa at the same time. I love that. But just because he chooses to play that role in public doesn't mean he controls everything the team does. I mean who wanted Funny Face, who suggested working with a modern dance choreographer.... it wasn't Scott.
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I'd rep you if I could. You're absolutely right -- Tessa steers her own path and it's why she's such a great Carmen.
    Well said, both of you. I am sick of seeing some people take such a patronizing tone when discussing Tessa. Though, as VarBar reminded us, one troll did take pity on Scott for being bullied by Tessa, lol.

and iNap, you crack me up

Banned Member
    vCash
    As near as I can tell, it was deleted after a couple people pointed out that being a racist misogynist wasn't a great way to debate (and in fairness, they were called out by D/W fans as well). I'll see if I can find it. Or, you know, not and pretend that it doesn't exist.

I think Carmen and this SD might be their greatest 1-2 punch since the Olympics if not ever, and I'd be sad if it didn't win in London, though. I really wish I could rewrite history a bit here (and make the completely healthy the post-Olympic season, which I have no doubt they would've won given the way their programs were more immediately successful and the ability to hit levels was quite remarkable all things considered). Because I suspect we're gonna see a thematic/technical retreat next year (a program more easily digestible for audiences; a program that they can peak with earlier and longer) I really want the sheer audacity of this FD rewarded.

As for the lead/control debate.... honestly, anyone who chooses to frame the debate this way is projecting a little bit. I think Scott definitely takes the lead in interviews and media presence, but I think Tessa's also very adept and interesting in engaging with the media (the Team Orange interviews from TEB 2011 provided terrific insights to how they operate and are being ignored thoroughly by those who prefer to see it as something else). I think Tessa's got a bit of a lead when it comes to music choices, but I doubt they've skated to anything neither has wanted to. I don't know how you can watch their Olympic OD and not see them as anything but equals (the way Tessa says "Ready Freddy" as if to challenge Scott; his full throttled excitement after they finished. Amazing... and I totally need to go watch this dance right now. Twice. Okay back now).

You know, knowing that Tessa was in pain throughout the Olympic season that they were able to nail this program so entirely really reaffirms just how tough and competitive they were (again, belying anyone who thinks they were bluffing at 4CC).
    if it was deleted then nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Re: the marks especially the PCS.
    I think V/M got dinged a bit because of the stop. Now I realize that there are some who would argue that there wasn't any hit at all, but I would beg to differ. I remember reading somewhere on this board how V/M were getting better marks before their stop. Afterwards, there was a drop. Also, someone posted about stoppages and how there wouldn't be a deduction but that judges could lower the PCS. Drats if I can recall it correctly so am going to either 1) find that post or 2) find it in the rules.

OK, found the post by sedge in the comp topic about dance and here's what caught my attention

I bolded the part that I found interesting. Here is it, an "opportunity" to reduce the score in components should a judge feel the need because a fresh start is given. I would suggest that at least *some* of the judges may have lowered their PCS marks for V/M in the FD, even if subconsciously, because of the stoppage.
    I agree. You can say they weren't deducted for the stop, that it's 'not allowed' to affect the mark but lets be honest how could it not? In the back of the judges minds they had to be thinking if they give them the marks for the win how would that be perceived? Geez they gave them good enough marks as it was and it's still being questioned.

All this crap/rumours about V/M is beyond vile. I realize there is hate for those that are successful but some of the stuff I've just read here is just beyond. Grow the F*#$ up! What the hell did these 2 ever do to deserve this hateful garbage? Is it any wonder they avoid social media? Also don't recall Scott ever saying he would skate with another partener. Only saw it ever suggested by some on here. I got the impression if Tessa was goin' out he was goin' with her. The way they speak about the injury it's just the impression they leave.

Anyway really looking forward to seeing the way Worlds is gonna shape up in dance. Not only with V/M D/W but with the return (hopefully) of P/B and W/P. It'll be interesting to see if they lose any ground with the injuries. I hope not cause I love both those teams but I think it's gonna be tough with the Russian teams and Sochi on the horizon.
    Last edited by sequins; 02-13-2013 at 05:22 AM.

vCash
    (BKF) caaaalm. One word: education. If you find yourself lucky enough to be a part of a circle of people who are thoughtful, critical thinkers, curious, and exposed to many different types of learning, encounters with bigoted misogynistic racists will and should be a massively repulsive jolt. These horrid encounters just reinforce my own world view, and then I remind myself that I have the power to not make the same choices as them. Online hate? It's way too macro a scope to really do anything about. So try to let it go? And just do your own thang...hope that your voice can get "out there" and helps represent an alternative, and join with others' with like voices so that together you can be louder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    (BKF) caaaalm. One word: education. If you find yourself lucky enough to be a part of a circle of people who are thoughtful, critical thinkers, curious, and exposed to many different types of learning, encounters with bigoted misogynistic racists will and should be a massively repulsive jolt. These horrid encounters just reinforce my own world view, and then I remind myself that I have the power to not make the same choices as them. Online hate? It's way too macro a scope to really do anything about. So try to let it go? And just do your own thang...hope that your voice can get "out there" and helps represent an alternative, and join with others' with like voices so that together you can be louder.
    Thank, Jess. great advice.

Honestly, I am involved in anti-oppression work, so I am aware of how pervasive racism and misogyny are, yet it never ceases to shock me when people invoke racist tropes like this. Anyways, I edited my previous post as I realize it is best not to give that comment even more power by reiterating it.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 02-14-2013 at 06:46 AM.

vCash
    One more Tessa photo from banquete

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...60774811_n.jpg

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast