Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    In one of the article I read for this type of charge the maximum fine is 5 million rubles.
    I do not worry too much about that journalist ... Plushy and Yana, 1-2 year ago, sued one paparazzi site (who claimed that their marriage is false) and the verdict was that this site publish the denial of their lies, and the compensation was approximately 200.000 rubles (around 5.000 €)...
    So, journalist will surely be punished with less money.

---------------------------------

Plushy's interview from yesterday...
    "Man and law: Why Plushenko has to fight for his good name?":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFPYJFhrMaQ

... translation: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...rt=2150#p77845

vCash
    Plushy highly recognized athlete in Russia, Europe and Japan. He has several sponsors, not only Russian companies, but some other famous European companies. He wears the Mercedes, and the Swiss Ulysse Nardin logo. He has a few European awards, and Albert, Prince of Monaco had invited him in 2010, after Vancouver. Of course, Plushenko has to fight for his good name!!! The problem is, Zhurankov said his opinion not in yellow press, he was the Russian Eurosport commentator!

http://fsrussia.ru/news/448_ot-feder...onkah-rossii-/

From Russian Figure Skating Federation

Admiring the courage of the outstanding figure skater Evgeni Plushenko, and his desire to perform at his fourth Olympics in Sochi in 2014, RFSF in every way promotes his early return to the ice.

We consider speech of TV commentator A. Zhurankov, about state of Plushenko's health incorrect... We are fully on the side of Evgeni, in his desire to protect his honor and dignity.

Always maintaining good relations with the media, RFSF will work only with journalists that do not violate professional ethics.
    Last edited by lala; 02-17-2013 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    Zhurankov seems like an ass. One thing that I thought was really vicious and uncalled for was when he kept mocking David Kranjec for not even being able to win the New Zealand Winter Games (he placed second).

vCash
    Moscow police rejected Plushenko's request against TV commentator Andrei Zhurankov http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130222/646931220.html … #figureskating

"I still can not comment on it in any way. Now I'm not in Russia, back, will observe, and then we'll decide what to do," - said Plushenko to agency "F-Sport" on the phone.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "В результате проведенной лингвистической экспертизы установлено, что в искомом сообщении отсутствуют данные, содержащие заведомо ложные сведения, порочащие честь, достоинство и подрывающие деловую репутацию заявителя", - говорится в сообщении.
    As the result of linguistic analysis, it was concluded that there were no false claims slandering the honor, dignity or business reputation of the plaintiff.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

YEAH!
    vCash
    Does he still have civil recourse? In the US, this type of thing would not result in criminal charges, but Plushenko would still be able to sue Zhurankov for monetary damages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Does he still have civil recourse? In the US, this type of thing would not result in criminal charges, but Plushenko would still be able to sue Zhurankov for monetary damages.
    I don't know what will he do.

T. Akimtseva, Plushy's lawyer, said to sovsport.ru that they provided for the police the requested documents: air tickets, bills, medical records, etc. regarding the operation in Israel.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    So that answers the question of "will he take the money?" The answer is "There is no money to take."
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I don't think the money was the most important thing in this case.

By this article, Plushy has one more option - to apply his lawsuit to the civil court.

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130222/646934089.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    As the result of linguistic analysis, it was concluded that there were no false claims slandering the honor, dignity or business reputation of the plaintiff.
    How can that possibly be? He accused Plushy of faking both his injury and his surgery with the impication being that he needed an excuse to get out of Euros because he realised he wasn't good enough to win.

If that's not slander, I don't know what is...

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    How can that possibly be? He accused Plushy of faking both his injury and his surgery with the impication being that he needed an excuse to get out of Euros because he realised he wasn't good enough to win.

If that's not slander, I don't know what is...
    I'm not exactly sure how it works in Russia, but this sounds like the equivalent of "the District Attorney decided not to press charges." It doesn't seem like there were any legal proceedings or hearings to determine findings of fact. Rather, they did not feel there was enough to begin a case. I tend of agree because, while the comments are unprofessional, they don't seem criminal to me, but I'm satisfied that he'll still have the opportunity to sue in civil court (to my American sensibilities, that's where this case should have been brought in the first place).

vCash
    Very well. I hope Plushy sues the guy's ass off.

vCash
    I am pretty sure that the police and the courts have more serious cases to attend to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    So that answers the question of "will he take the money?" The answer is "There is no money to take."
    He doesn't have the money on this way! After the birth of his son Alexander Yana Rudkovskaya at her and happy father - Evgeni Plushenko, hit the shaft of attractive offers from various media. But the joy is famous parents does not bring.
    Yana: "Paparazzi opened for me to hunt, hoping to catch the moment when I am walking with a stroller - complained of "Express newspaper" Rudkovskaya. - Plaguing them not, as if all gone mad! Received various proposals. For example, the Japanese are willing to pay $ 50 000 for a photo baby. But we all refused."

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I don't know why you quoted me. Your comment has nothing to do with mine.

You seem to think I am saying something I am not. I am saying that these questions about whether or not Plush will take the money from the settlement in the case were premature. All he asked for was criminal charges to be filed. As it turned out, charges weren't even filed. But even if prosecution was decided upon, first there would have to a trial and then the journalist found guilty. Then, if and only if he was found guilty, would there be punishment. And even then there are many choices of punishment and there was no guarantee that the punishment would have been that money would be awarded to Plushy.

So all these people asking "is he going to take the money" look foolish IMO. How can you ask "is he going to take the money" before you even know if there is money to take?
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Very well. I hope Plushy sues the guy's ass off.
    I don't think you understand--the case was thrown out as it was deemed that no slander was involved and no damage to his business reputation had occurred. How is he supposed to prove monetary damages after that?

IMO, the best he can hope for is a retraction and an apology.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

YEAH!
    vCash
    I don't think you understand--the case was thrown out as it was deemed that no slander was involved and no damage to his business reputation had occurred. How is he supposed to prove monetary damages after that?
    That was the criminal case. According to the article lala posted above http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130222/646934089.html (translation welcome ) he can still sue in the civil court. I would imagine a case like that would end up tied up in the courts for years with no determinations made that quickly.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes, but he'd still have to show a grievance. What would that be?

The article says that Zhurankov is happy that the Moscow police had sorted it out but acknowledges that Plushy could still sue in civil court. The rest is pretty much a rehash of what we know.

from Speedy Death

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I've just watched 4CC Ladies FS on Russian Eurosport 2 and whilst LI Zijun was landing difficult combinations incredibly well, Zhurankov was talking and talking and talking saying that he's gonna get sued and explaining himself. I don't speak Russian so I have no clue what he actually said. Any Russian posters heard this and could help?

I really hope this lawsuit gets thrown out by the courts. What Zhurankov said was incredibly stupid but I don't think that stupidity should be a crime.
    Stupidity with malice aforethought IS and should be a crime..what this man said implied that Plushenko, Mishin and the whole team 'created' the story about Plushenko's recent back surgery, impuning both Plushenko and the team's reputation, and Plushenko's personal integrity, basically calling him a liar. If it were me, I would sue as well. Reputation is everything in sport. And in life. It's kind of like accusing an athlete of using performance enhancing drugs when in fact he is innocent. Perhaps it turns out NOT to be true, but somehow the stigma and the cloud of suspicion seems to hang around, no matter what the eventual outcome. The reporter is a complete ass, to interject his opinion and state it as fact, when it was, in fact, untrue. Sure, he's explaining himself..he knows how badly he f#$ked this one up! KNOWS he is in the wrong, KNOWS he was lying, and now realizes that this time, he's NOT going to get away with it. If I were Plushenko, I would defend my reputation and my honour. Good for him. Perhaps other journalists will be a bit more careful about the things they 'report'.

I mean, how would YOU like it if this was someone in your family that this guy was talking about? Why would ANYONE fake a back surgery, pay all that money..for WHAT?? It makes no sense, and makes the reporter look like an ass-hat. He has never been a Plushenko fan, but this is stooping to a new low, even for him. I cannot imagine how angry I'd be if I'd just gone through something as traumatic as back surgery with metal rods inserted in my back, trying to walk down the corridor with my wife during therapy, worrying if I would ever be able to skate at my highest level while wanting to so badly, only to hear THIS rubbish. Plushenko has enough on his plate without having to swallow THIS indignity as well. And what Neurosurgeon, his team and his Hospital would risk their repuation and careers on such things as this?? Zhurankov is a blow-hole, and this time, he just may have to pay for it. I don't think Plushenko is doing this for the money. He's doing it for all of the reasons HE stated.

Sorry if my feeling so strongly about this offends anyone. I had a good friend and a high level athlete who had his career destroyed (and thus his life) by 'innocent' comments made about him in the press. This is somehow strangely personal, although I do not even know the Plushenkos...

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    IMO, the best he can hope for is a retraction and an apology.
    Seriously, IceAlisa, I think that is all Plushenko really wants-for the guy to admit wrong-doing and apologize. And I don't know how much Russian courts are like those in the USA, but after OJ Simpson was aquitted of murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, Goldman's family sued OJ for wrongful death in civil court, and WON that case!! So, sometimes the Civil court doesn't play by the same rules as the Criminal one...I say we let them sit it out in front of our very own JudgeJudy!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast