Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    So, since Plushenko is obviously going to win this case (he is Putin's friend) what will happen to the journalist?
    He looses his job and has to pay thousands for Plushenko? Or even goes to jail?

vCash
    I don't know if it was already posted here for this interview ... : http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/587425
    "The surgeon who operated Plushenko: The operation is called Eugene PR? I'm shocked!" - Translator google :p

vCash
    In the article above the surgeon mentiones another patient - a diver Gleb Galperin. The name doesnt mean much to me, but am quite sure he was diving after the surgery . The doctor says Pluschenko has a 90% chance to recover should he follow the reccomrndations . He can start training off ice in march and 3 months after the surgery be back on the ice. The doctor couldnt predict whether Pluschenko will win in Sochi

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

Не хочу вас обидеть, но вы, журналисты, часто позволяете себе публиковать непроверенные факты. Мне не хватает времени следить за этим, у меня прямо сейчас больной лежит под наркозом, тем не менее, постараюсь рассказать вам об операции Евгения все, что успею. У нас есть пять минут. Задавайте вопросы.
    Translation:
    I don't mean to offend you but you, reporters often allow yourselves to publish unverified facts. I don't have the time to follow this, I have a patient under anesthesia right now, however, I will try to tell you as much as I can about Evgeni's surgery. We have five minutes. Ask your questions.
    During my years in research I spent a lot of time in the OR and if a surgeon was caught doing an interview while the patient was under waiting, it would have been an incident report. There were several occasions when the surgeon was late and the patient spent a long time under anesthesia, all resulting in incident reports. You really want to minimize the time under anesthesia.

Unless the reporter is literally walking with the surgeon to the OR while interviewing, this is rather
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Galperin is a beautiful diver.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    So, since Plushenko is obviously going to win this case (he is Putin's friend) what will happen to the journalist?
    He looses his job and has to pay thousands for Plushenko? Or even goes to jail?
    Plushenko said he doesn't need money, but thinks Zhurankov should learn that with freedom of speech comes responsibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    Plushenko said he doesn't need money, but thinks Zhurankov should learn that with freedom of speech comes responsibility.
    Yes, he doesn't need money but is he still going to claim it?

vCash
    Does it matter?

Seems to me like there's an awful lot of people trying to make Plushenko the villain here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Does it matter?

Seems to me like there's an awful lot of people trying to make Plushenko the villain here.
    Yes it does matter because I am interested to know what kind of punishment the journalist will have? I don't know anything about Russian court system but I suppose it's pretty tough.

vCash
    My opinion - the guy spoke way out of line, if he really thought P's surgery was a sham he should have investigated further before saying anything and if P wants to sue to defend his name then I think he should. Look, lots of folks have said lots of things that are not in praise of his skating and like most performers/competitors he let's most of it go by (as is right). But this is different. I support him absolutely.
    Last edited by Willowway; 02-14-2013 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    Yes it does matter because I am interested to know what kind of punishment the journalist will have? I don't know anything about Russian court system but I suppose it's pretty tough.
    In one of the article I read for this type of charge the maximum fine is 5 million rubles.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    But the punishment is the punishment whether Plushenko takes the money or gives it to charity.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I don't get what you mean. What's the problem? Sorry I am not good at English, you know... You think even if Zhurankov is a liar or unprofessional gossip lover, Plushy should give care to his poor financial conditions???? Zhurankov himself told that he doesn't want to apologize. So it's his choice. I find no fault with Plushy.

vCash
    I failed to see any thread of logic in this argument. Should there be a law banning people earning more than $$$ from filing law suit?

It is "journalists" like this Zhurankov that are damaging the freedom of speech with his ludicrous comments. He gave journalism a bad name.

vCash
    I don't get what you mean.
    Is he going to take the money or not?

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Well doesn't he first have to GET the money before we know if he keeps it?
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
    I failed to see any thread of logic in this argument. Should there be a law banning people earning more than $$$ from filing law suit?
    Logic in that argument was: I asked if Plushenko is going to claim any money? Someone answered that Plusenko doesn't need any money but the journalist needs to know the limits. I answered that yes, Plushenko doesn't probably really need the money, but is he still going to claim it? Because that's what I originally wanted to know. Or does the court decide the amount or has Plushenko asked a some sort of amount? Nobody seems to know. The amount would put things into perspective. If it's a couple of thousands or hundreds of thousands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Galperin is a beautiful diver.
    Indeed he is!

I know nothing about Plushenko's motivations nor the true extent of his injuries, but if I had a serious and painful back injury I'd be pretty angry at the journalist and probably would consider suing too. I've read some comments out there about Plushenko's attitude towards journalists, it may not be the best but that doesn't justify them being bad at their jobs, does it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Is he going to take the money or not?
    Thanks!

Logic in that argument was: I asked if Plushenko is going to claim any money? Someone answered that Plusenko doesn't need any money but the journalist needs to know the limits. I answered that yes, Plushenko doesn't probably really need the money, but is he still going to claim it? Because that's what I originally wanted to know. Or does the court decide the amount or has Plushenko asked a some sort of amount? Nobody seems to know. The amount would put things into perspective. If it's a couple of thousands or hundreds of thousands.
    The answer for you is "Yes, Plushy is going to sue Zhurankov even if he doesn't need money."

He is very rich and even if he will not able to work anymore due to injury or smth, his wife can feed him and baby as long as they are together. Plushy just wants Zhurankov to correct or apologize to him in front of public, but Zhurankov refused to do it for "Freedom of speech".... When you were attacked by such "journalist", what can you do?
    Last edited by Glacier cat; 02-16-2013 at 09:22 AM.

vCash
    When you were attacked by such "journalist", what can you do?
    Send agent to the culprit!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast