Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm meh on Turkson because it seemed like he gave an interview where he was openly campaigning for the job amongst other things... I'd rather have someone from Latin American, another African, or a Filipino. Besides we have had African popes in the past, I think its high time we get a Latin American one.

vCash
    Many women Religious have been actively "discouraged" from "protesting"; or even speaking openly about the position of women in the Church.

I pray that the "status quo" will end; and that the person best for the future of the Church is selected.
    Unless God moves mightily on the hearts of the Cardinal electors; I doubt that real change in any of the issues of concern to many of us, Catholic or otherwise, will happen in the foreseeable future.

vCash
    There are not really any "liberals" in the college of cardinals at this point. I predict one thing with absolute certainty:

The new pope will be too conservative for the liberal wing of the church and not conservative enough for the traditionalists.

Just like the last one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    There are not really any "liberals" in the college of cardinals at this point. I predict one thing with absolute certainty:

The new pope will be too conservative for the liberal wing of the church and not conservative enough for the traditionalists.

Just like the last one.
    The last one wasn't conservative enough? He was the most conservative one out of all the possible candidates, really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The last one wasn't conservative enough? He was the most conservative one out of all the possible candidates, really.
    I know a lot of traditionalist Catholics; we live "next door" to the most conservative diocese in the U.S.. Until mass is universally in Latin again and women are veiled in church and such things, they will not be happy. The ones I know (people I've known for nearly all my life) regard me as nearly a heretic for sometimes wearing jeans to church and because it is okay in our diocese for a woman to be a lector.

vCash
    I know a lot of traditionalist Catholics; we live "next door" to the most conservative diocese in the U.S.. Until mass is universally in Latin again and women are veiled in church and such things, they will not be happy. The ones I know (people I've known for nearly all my life) regard me as nearly a heretic for sometimes wearing jeans to church and because it is okay in our diocese for a woman to be a lector.
    Well yeah but those kind of people make up an extremely tiny proportion of practising Catholics so they are completely insignificant.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-11-2013 at 02:27 AM.

vCash
    To each their own but...
    Kyle

vCash
    From my understanding, Wojtyla and Ratzinger both appointed a TON of conservative cardinals during their papacies, so it's hard to see anyone who's considered "liberal" or moderate emerging as the new pope. That being said I still believe Cardinal Scherer of Brazil is the most likely pick at this point. There are any of 10 who could be picked but he's my bet.
    Kyle

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What's this Scherer like?

OK, found this article on him.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Scherer would be a very good choice.

So I am hoping they don't pick him and choose another useless conservative who will speed up the Catholic's Church move into irrelevance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Most recent message sent to those who responded:

Dear [Name of Applicant]:

We have been instructed by the Cardinals to advise all applicants of the following:

1. The Cardinals are reviewing all applications individually and are also conducting their own independent search. They may make their final determination without interviewing any candidates. The fact that a particular candidate has not been contacted about an interview or asked to submit additional information does not mean that the candidate is being ignored.

2. Since the conclave started, certain packages have been slipped under the door of the Sistine Chapel. The Cardinals manning the door have been instructed to remove and destroy any information identifying the sender without reading it. Accordingly, the Cardinals participating in the conclave do not know who is sending these packages.

3. While thoughtful gifts of biscotti, cannoli, cioccolattini, etc. are appreciated, each Cardinal has taken a vow of poverty and accordingly cannot accept the bundles of euro notes that have been slipped under the door. Such bundles are being given to charity.

4. We have received inquiries regarding the compensation package. As stated in the job announcement, compensation is negotiable. We do provide room and board. The housing consists of a large flat in the Cortile di Sisto V and a palace with ample grounds in Castel Gandolfo, approximately 27 kilometers from the Vatican. The flat has a roof garden and a prime view of the Piazza di S. Pietro. Recent Popes have used the Pontifical Palace primarily as their summer residence, but commuting and even limited telecommuting from Castel Gandolfo would be possible. We do provide domestic staff, including a butler, valet, and chauffeur.

Yours faithfully,

The Curia

vCash
    It's possible the next smoke signal may be in about 15 minutes. Maybe.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Here is a current live feed of the chimney: http://www.ewtn.com/live/ewtnplayer/...se&feed=domeng
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    It's possible the next smoke signal may be in about 15 minutes. Maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    White smoke, guys. We've got a Pope!
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    We have to wait now until the new Pope appears.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I wonder who it will be...prayers for whoever it is.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Unless he sees his shadow, in which case we have to wait for six more weeks
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Wow, I didn´t expect them to decide this soon.

Who would it be and what name will he choose?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    White smoke, guys. We've got a Pope!
    WHOA! They didn't take long, didn't they? I'm thinking it can't be anyone too much out of the box.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast