Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Grammys Tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Sorry but the person who created this piece is not your above average musician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXFJOXvL_A
    That's not from "Making Mirrors" though. It's from his previous album. It's probably his finest hour (although he should be beheaded for misspelling the song title...).

"Making Mirrors" is a good, solid album but it's not a masterpiece.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-15-2013 at 05:21 PM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think Taylor's been getting a pass because a) she's a good songwriter b) she's got a great look and c) because she seemed like such a sweet gal with a sympathetic background story. But I think that's now changing - her love life has become the butt of jokes well beyond the music industry, and really it's a bed she's made that she's now going to have to sleep in. She has admitted many times that her songs are about past boyfriends, and then she pulls a high school-like stunt with the English accent on the Grammys (even if the song was apparently written about her Kennedy relationship) that draws even more attention to her lengthening roster of celebrity exes. Apparently in her upcoming video she even dresses like the last guy.

All this of course makes people pay closer attention to her music, and what have we here? She's not actually that great a singer - something many saw all along (did anyone see her special with Def Leppard? Made them look like opera singers) but as I said gave her a pass. I think that pass just expired.

Hopefully she'll take some time now and work on some more mature songwriting that will put all this high school stuff behind her. And Tina Fey was right on the GGs - stay away from boys for awhile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I read that 3 times and I still hardly understand what it is saying. I guess I don't look (listen) so deeply into music, at least not pop music. It either sounds good to me or doesn't. Maybe I am lucky to be so simple, haha.
    There's a lot of generic pop music that I enjoy listening to. But it doesn't mean that it should win Grammys.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I've been a music fan since the 1970s, and I've never, ever found the Grammys to be a reflection of the music I enjoy or think is worthy of accolades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Kelly Clarkson's latest album was such lowest common denominator trash, lacking a semblance of creativity and originality. Ugh.

He's a decent, above-average musician but he's nowhere near being a genius.

Both M83 and Fiona Apple are playing in a different league.
    I prefer M83 and Fiona Apple as well. Goyte's stuff sound like Sting in my opinion and some of his lyrics are kind of cheesy.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567