Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1000
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    And this is literally THE pretty pwincess number. Also, I see she's done nothing about her windmilling. Flailing your arms around does not constitute choreography. Meh.
    I am also just so over skaters with the arm flailing. Seems outdated and also exaggerated. Too fake. I don't need to see a whole skate program with bringing the arms in, then flailing them out trying to look artistic over and over and over again. Enough already. Draws too much attention to that and not the actual skating.
    Hopefully Evan L. has fixed his arm flailing "artistry".

vCash
    I'll hold my judgment until I see her programs, but I"m excited about them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    Maybe the next thread could be in GSD? It would be nice if it didn't keep getting buried under polls, and there is more actual news this time of year than when this one was started.
    Actual news?

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Maybe 2 threads? 1 in GSD for news and results, which is where every other country seem's to have their threads . The other thread for rehashing and excessive speculation can be in the Trash Can.
    Rehashing and excessive speculation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    U.S Ladies 2014-Boston "Marathon"
    That would have been great in a different year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    All the Pretty Warhorses. (You know, because of Sleeping Beauty, R&J, etc.)
    This gets my vote, FWLIW.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    This gets my vote, FWLIW.
    I second that!

vCash
    From the little bit I can see from the blurry YT video, I think Gracie Gold's free skate is OK. I hear no obvious incoherence with the music cut (except the beginning segment is a bit too blaring). There is a clear attempt to match gestures to accents in the music. The spins are matched to the music reasonably well. Of course it's safe. It's the Olympic season. Everyone with half a shot to Sochi will play it safe. The only unsafe programs are either skaters with little chance to go or the crazy ones. Still the question remains whether Gracie will be able to carry through most of the choreographic points and at least flick a wrist or lift an arm at all the right moments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    Maybe the next thread could be in GSD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Maybe 2 threads? 1 in GSD for news and results, which is where every other country seem's to have their threads . The other thread for rehashing and excessive speculation can be in the Trash Can.
    Would anyone object if I started ONE news/updates thread in GSD for U.S. Ladies AND Men to cover the rest of the summer competition season/beginning of the JGP season and the early Senior B comps? We could see how it goes and decide before Skate America if it's worth continuing with this combined singles format? (There are already separate news and discussion threads for U.S. Pairs and Dance in GSD.)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Is there actually any benefit to having any general news-and-fluff threads about U.S. singles skaters, whether ladies or men or both?

The Hungarian and Finnish threads, for example, each cover just a few current skaters, with a bit of discussion of Federation news and retired skaters like Júlia Sebestyén and Júlia Sebestyén. The typical U.S. ladies thread, by itself, tends to touch on most Senior ladies who will be at the next Nationals and several Junior and Novice skaters, so we get quick mentions of Karen Chen tucked in between prolonged discussions of the relative strengths and weaknesses of Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold and whether Mirai Nagasu or Agnes Zawadski is likely to make the Olympic Team. And we still get threads devoted to individual skaters. There are active Nagasu and Wagner threads at the moment, and for the men we have threads for Aaron, Lysacek, Abbott, and Weir, and one for both Brown and Ferris, each of whom could sustain his own thread.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I would like a general news thread because I don't go into the individual skater threads. Just my two cents.

vCash
    This gets my vote as well.

vCash
    Another vote for this one!

vCash
    Only 8 posts left. Should I go on and start the new thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Would anyone object if I started ONE news/updates thread in GSD for U.S. Ladies AND Men to cover the rest of the summer competition season/beginning of the JGP season and the early Senior B comps? We could see how it goes and decide before Skate America if it's worth continuing with this combined singles format? (There are already separate news and discussion threads for U.S. Pairs and Dance in GSD.)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Only 8 posts left. Should I go on and start the new thread?
    Could whoever starts the thread start it in GSD please? It's a little confusing to see threads for other disciplines in GSD but the ladies thread in TTC.

vCash
    I think the threads should be separate for singles. I know this US ladies thread includes both senior, junior and upcoming skaters as well and there's a large number of skaters to cover. Doing that same thing for men and then combining all of them...IDK, I think it will get confusing b/c there will be too many discussions going on within the same thread.

That's just my 2 cents.

I do think it should be moved to Great Skate Debate instead of the Trash Can though...

vCash
    A new U.S. Ladies news thread has been started in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...2013-14-season
    See you all there!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Re-posting and replying here:
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    What happened to the awesome name for the thread?? "US Ladies [#8]: All the Pretty Warhorses"

I was looking forward to that title...
    IMO, that's a title for fan/uber-type discussion threads in the Trash Can and not GSD. Nothing's stopping you from starting such a thread in here, though.

vCash
    Re-posting and replying here:

IMO, that's a title for fan/uber-type discussion threads in the Trash Can and not GSD. Nothing's stopping you from starting such a thread in here, though.
    Gotcha. The thread you started is specifically for legit news and updates and not so much the snarky/wacky discussions that tends to happen in this series of threads. Sounds good to me!

Only 2 posts left...I shall post #8 now!

vCash
    Kay, the #8 thread has been posted. One more post here and then I suppose the conversation should resume over there!

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Mirai for gold in 2014! #1000

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950