Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    At least we can hear which cuts of "Sleeping Beauty" were used in Gold's program.

Both parts of Ashley Wagner's interview on The Skating Lesson are posted in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-Ashley-Wagner
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-25-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    From twitter a link to Gracie Gold's LP (skated at Skate Milwaukee).
    Hmm...

Well, I did like the opening. Lots of energy in the music but after that it just tapered off. The music started off big, got softer, got even softer, came up a little and then ended. I agree with those who felt the ending was anti-climatic.

From that angle I do get a better idea of her speed and ice coverage and it's really great. The jumps she did looked strong but I think she just blanked out at the end and started doubling everything...or conserved her strength or whatever. I didn't really care about the jumps, I was more interested in the program and her delivery. The video quality isn't that great but her arms still look very airplaney/samurai swordy (hi-yah! slice the air!). Hopefully she'll continue to work on that. She's still got several months until the GP starts so I'm sure she can make improvements. I think they could be a little more imaginative with the spiral sequence...maybe not.

I think it's an improvement over last year's FS but she still has a long way to go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    It's only July so I'm reserving judgment, at least until I can see it in (much) better quality.
    I liked what I saw in terms of her speed and ice coverage and we don't really need an HD vid to confirm that. She was positively flying and effortlessly too. I didn't like what I hear in terms of the edits because I didn't feel that the program was building up to anywhere.

As the season progress and as we get to see a clearer and more committed skate to this program, we will see the details in the choreography and the overall impact of the program. Right now I am not that excited about the program but I do feel she can score very well in this coming season as long as she stands up on 5 or so triples.

vCash
    ... I hate the way Zoueva arranged this. Why couldn't it be more like this?!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDvlW0N0Mvg

vCash
    It's not the greatest program, but it's a huge improvement for Gracie and I am really excited for that as I really do want her to succeed I'm going to echo everyone else and say the ending was anti-climactic, but I'll wait until we get a better quality version to really judge it. I really enjoyed the program though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    At least we can hear which cuts of "Sleeping Beauty" were used in Gold's program.

]
    Yes, that camera angle is from so far away she looks like Tinkerbell on the ice!

I don't think positive or negative judgements can be made regarding this new program solely from this YouTube post........She's barely visible on the ice..........

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Wow, that is not a good program for Gold. She should not be skating to pwetty pwincess numbers, let alone wear pink. And this is literally THE pretty pwincess number. Also, I see she's done nothing about her windmilling. Flailing your arms around does not constitute choreography. Meh.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Yes, yes, shaky fancam far away, early in the season, but this program is miserable, at least in terms of construction. I don't see improvements in artistry. I barely see choreography, especially in the second half. I don't feel like I'm watching a character on ice. I'm especially confused about the spirals. They don't highlight the music at all. Marina has done Gracie a disservice.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    I don't think positive or negative judgements can be made regarding this new program solely from this YouTube post
    Oh yeah?

We're closing in on 1000 posts - any creative suggestions for the title of the next U.S. ladies updates/chitchat thread?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    All the Pretty Warhorses. (You know, because of Sleeping Beauty, R&J, etc.)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    We're closing in on 1000 posts - any creative suggestions for the title of the next U.S. ladies updates/chitchat thread?
    The Agnes and the Ecstasy
    How Do You Solve a Problem Like Mirai?
    Boston or Bust!
    Not Just a Bunch of Hicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    The Agnes and the Ecstasy
    How Do You Solve a Problem Like Mirai?
    Boston or Bust!
    Not Just a Bunch of Hicks
    The bolded one...

vCash
    I don't mind Gracie's program (comparing it to last year's)! I do think the choreo sequence is bad, and the ending is anti-climactic, but I find the program is a certain improvement for her. With some second-half choreography touch-ups, the program could be passable for a Senior lady vying for a top 5 Olympic finish. The step sequence in the middle is lovely

Title-less
    vCash
    Despite not being artistic, I find Gracie appealing to watch for some reason. There's something about the security in her elements that makes me want to watch her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Despite not being artistic, I find Gracie appealing to watch for some reason. There's something about the security in her elements that makes me want to watch her.
    I agree....speed and flow will score well anytime, anywhere. I was always at why people would think international judges wouldn't take notice of her.

vCash
    Oh yeah?

Chasing Grace
    Gunning for Sochi
    Showtime!

vCash
    Maybe the next thread could be in GSD? It would be nice if it didn't keep getting buried under polls, and there is more actual news this time of year than when this one was started.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    Maybe the next thread could be in GSD? It would be nice if it didn't keep getting buried under polls, and there is more actual news this time of year than when this one was started.
    Usually significant news or articles about the top U.S. ladies are posted as separate threads in GSD. I think info would get duplicated in GSD if a general U.S. Ladies news thread was started there as well - what do others think?

Often this thread swerves off-topic into about past U.S. female skaters and results, which is why I'm okay with keeping this as a general news thread in the Trash Can.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-28-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: To revise wording

vCash
    U.S Ladies 2014-Boston "Marathon"

vCash
    Maybe 2 threads? 1 in GSD for news and results, which is where every other country seem's to have their threads . The other thread for rehashing and excessive speculation can be in the Trash Can.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast