Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    I wouldnt want Nagasu to make the team. OK if she clearly deserves it with the 3rd best skates I hope she gets it, as I want a fair competiton (although I believe Wagner and Gold deserved to be held up and given the first 2 spots even if they have a bad skate at Nationals) for the 3rd spot. However I would rather see a skater with future potential like Zawadzki or Gao get it. Nagasu already had her career high point, and she is never going to get back there again, and she has already had her shining Olympic dream moment in Vancouver.
    Yeah and Zawadzki is a future potential star? She has potential and talent, but can't put it together herself when the pressure is on. Agnes is getting somewhat better at controlling her nerves, but they watered down her jump content this season, and now there's talk of her going all out next season. I just hope she isn't propped up after skating like she has at the past 3 nationals. At this point, despite Christina being 5th at Nationals for 4 straight years in a row, is more of a potential star than Agnes. To the very least, Christina and Mirai have put it together more times than Agnes.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Alissa Czisny updates thread, including a new interview with Jennifer Kirk on YouTube (scroll down to post #10), in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ny-Any-Updates
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    A new article on Angela Wang in her hometown paper, the Salt Lake Tribune, is posted in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...8-Winter-Games
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Title-less
    vCash
    I'd like Gao to go to worlds at least once, as she's done reasonably well at US nationals year after year but never quite made the team. I think she'll be fine at worlds.

I'd like the Olympic spots to go to someone who hasn't been to the Olympics but two of the worlds spots to go to those who haven't gone to worlds. Unreasonable request, I know

vCash
    I'd like the Olympic spots to go to someone who hasn't been to the Olympics
    Still could happen - Flatt is out of it, and Nagasu, while still in contention, has a serious uphill battle ahead of her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Still could happen - Flatt is out of it, and Nagasu, while still in contention, has a serious uphill battle ahead of her.
    Very true. What is the likelihood of Mirai getting a GP event next season? I know she got bronze at NHK last year but does her 7th place finish at nationals factor into her chances of getting assignments? I never took the time to work out how GPs are distributed :-/. I do know the countries have to invite the skaters to participate but what goes into the decision to extend an invite?

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Very true. What is the likelihood of Mirai getting a GP event next season? I know she got bronze at NHK last year but does her 7th place finish at nationals factor into her chances of getting assignments? I never took the time to work out how GPs are distributed :-/. I do know the countries have to invite the skaters to participate but what goes into the decision to extend an invite?
    She is guaranteed one event due to her SB score (#15). In theory, she should get two right away, considering how good her SB is, but last year she had to wait until the last minute to get her second one.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I never took the time to work out how GPs are distributed :-/. I do know the countries have to invite the skaters to participate but what goes into the decision to extend an invite?
    See this thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ncement-Thread

Guaranteed 2 GP for placing top 12 at Worlds: Wagner & Gold
    Guaranteed at least 1 GP invite:
    Top 24 in both SB & WS: Nagasu, Gao, Zawadzki
    Top 24 SB only: Miller, Wang (has indicated publicly she will return to JGP)
    Comeback skater: Czisny

May have a chance for an invite - just below top 24 SB: Cesario (tied for #27)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-09-2013 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    She is guaranteed one event due to her SB score (#15). In theory, she should get two right away, considering how good her SB is, but last year she had to wait until the last minute to get her second one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    See this thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ncement-Thread

Guaranteed 2 GP for placing top 12 at Worlds: Wagner & Gold
    Guaranteed at least 1 GP invite:
    Top 24 in both SB & WS: Nagasu, Gao, Zawadzki
    Top 24 SB only: Miller, Wang (has indicated publicly she will return to JGP)
    Comeback skater: Czisny

May have a chance for an invite - just below top 24 SB: Cesario (tied for #27)
    Thanks guys!

What about Hicks? Is she turning senior this year? Because of her 4th place finish at nationals does that mean she's entitled to an invite? Maybe Skate America?

vCash
    Because of her 4th place finish at nationals does that mean she's entitled to an invite? Maybe Skate America?
    Nationals doesn't have anything to do with GP selection (except for host picks), so if she decides to go senior internationally, and USFS submits her name, she'd have a chance of getting selected. I don't think she's very high on the Season's Best list though, so she may have trouble getting selected and a host pick at SA may be her best chance.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's a new "Five favorite things" with Courtney Hicks: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    Icenetwork.com: What's your favorite kind of bird?

Hicks: I really like woodland birds, like little finches. I like songbirds a lot. I take a lot of pictures whenever we go anywhere: flowers, birds, butterflies and a lot of landscapes. My camera is with me at all times. It's a Sony HX1. I love it. It's the first really nice camera I've had.
    Her love of photography, particularly nature, is obvious via her Instagram account (courtneynhicks).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-13-2013 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's a new "Five favorite things" with Courtney Hicks: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Thanks for that.

I've seen some of her pictures on Twitter. She's a decent photographer

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Christina Gao has tweeted the link to her interview with @TeamAthleteGo: http://athletego.com/2013/05/12/christinagaosochi/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I just hope that if Agnes makes it on the team next year, she does it with decent skates and not propped up ones. My dream team would be Ashley, Gracie, and Mirai.
    Mine too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    I wouldnt want Nagasu to make the team. OK if she clearly deserves it with the 3rd best skates I hope she gets it, as I want a fair competiton (although I believe Wagner and Gold deserved to be held up and given the first 2 spots even if they have a bad skate at Nationals) for the 3rd spot. However I would rather see a skater with future potential like Zawadzki or Gao get it. Nagasu already had her career high point, and she is never going to get back there again, and she has already had her shining Olympic dream moment in Vancouver.
    Wow. Clearly, you only want your favorites to be held up. Also, you must have some kind of crystal ball into Nagasu's future. She's very young still. Other skaters have resurrected their careers in their 20's. Mirai could too. And until she retires I intend to go right on believing in her.
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Yeah and Zawadzki is a future potential star? She has potential and talent, but can't put it together herself when the pressure is on. Agnes is getting somewhat better at controlling her nerves, but they watered down her jump content this season, and now there's talk of her going all out next season. I just hope she isn't propped up after skating like she has at the past 3 nationals. At this point, despite Christina being 5th at Nationals for 4 straight years in a row, is more of a potential star than Agnes. To the very least, Christina and Mirai have put it together more times than Agnes.
    THIS!

vCash
    Gold's FS music will be from The Sleeping Beauty and will be choreographed by Marina Zoueva and Oleg Epstein: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Seriously, has Christmas come early? That's great news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    Gold's FS music will be from The Sleeping Beauty and will be choreographed by Marina Zoueva and Oleg Epstein: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Seriously, has Christmas come early? That's great news.
    Well at least it won't be Scott Brown doing the choreography but is this really great news?

vCash
    I can't see Gracie doing a ballerina program at all, but hopefully she'll surprise me.

vCash
    Safe, boring and predictable princess choice for Gold. They were not going to take risks for Sochi. I am sure that Zoueva will give her better transitions, elements composition and overall choreography. Brown's work was really too basic for her.

vCash
    Gracie really needs a program that shows off her power and speed. Skating to The Sleeping Beauty is for the pwetty princess type skaters which Gracie is not. Hopefully working with Marina will help Gracie with her posture and performance level.

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast