Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    Hope you're right! I'm probably reading too much into the situation anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    Hope you're right! I'm probably reading too much into the situation anyways.
    Actually, it's my positive spirit saying this. I hope I'm right, too ....

vCash
    Sounds like you're right, olympic, based on these quotes this morning tweeted by AP's @nrarmour:
    So @AshWagner2010 here, but skates not. Hoping they arrive before PM practice. "At worlds and don't have skates. Definitely weird feeling"
    But the oddity could wind up helping. "Sometimes when something out of the ordinary happens, I welcome it. Calms me down a little bit."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    A non skating distraction might be the best thing to happen to her actually...

vCash
    Are skates prohibited from being included in carry-on luggage? I'm assuming they must be. If I were a skater I'd pack the essentials (skates, practice wear along with toothbrush and underwear) in a carry-on suitcase and check the rest of my luggage...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Are skates prohibited from being included in carry-on luggage?
    Figure skates must be checked in on international flights, last I heard.

ETA: Based on the practice reports and tweets I've seen, it sounds like Gracie Gold is practicing very well in London so far... hope it continues into competition!
    @LynnRutherford on this morning's practice:
    London: Gracie Gold ran thru her SP w/o jumps, then practiced 3Lutz/3toe; 3 flip w/arms over head; 3 loop; and 2A/3toe. Solid.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-12-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Ugh, why did Ashley get there so late?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Figure skates must be checked in on international flights, last I heard.

ETA: Based on the practice reports and tweets I've seen, it sounds like Gracie Gold is practicing very well in London so far... hope it continues into competition!
    @LynnRutherford on this morning's practice:

It depends on the airport and the country to which you are traveling.
    London's Heathrow will not allow skates as carry on even if you are just connecting thru the airport...ie, if you departed from the US, connect at Heathrow...must then check skate bags.

AFAIK, the US skaters that travel to Canada routinely carry on their skates into Canada. Has never been an issue for figure skates.
    Short track skates have to be checked (as of Vancouver Olympic Games).

Figure skaters that we know had only to check skates going to Canada for a year or so after 9/11.

Most countries, when traveling back to the US, will not allow skates to be carried on.

I am sure Wagner's skates will show up in time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Lets face it Gracie is the wildcard. She's as unpredictable as Mirai or Alissa have been in the past.
    I don't understand why, barring injury, is Gracie so inconsistent in competition? Nerves alone can't account for her erratic ups and downs.........

Alissa was a completely different story since she never had clean, textbook jumps....Therefore it made sense when she would bomb her programs....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    I don't understand why, barring injury, is Gracie so inconsistent in competition? Nerves alone can't account for her erratic ups and downs.........

Alissa was a completely different story since she never had clean, textbook jumps....Therefore it made sense when she would bomb her programs....
    Yes, yes they can. Some people have a sense for competition, like Lipinski or Kwan, some tolerate and (sometimes) control their nerves, like Alissa or Jeremy Abbott. Gracie has always been an inconcistent competitor, it's magnified now by the extreme pressure and expectations being put on her.

vCash
    Ashley's skates made it!

Nancy Armour ‏@nrarmour
    And the skates have arrived @AshWagner2010 takes the ice just before the end of warmups

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    Ashley's skates made it!
    Great News! As stated above, I hope this distraction snapped everything into focus

vCash
    American girls are bringing it in practice! Ashley is here with skates and a 2 axel 3toe combo in the long. Jumps look super solid, including 3loop-2axel which appears much calmer and less circular (good!). Gracie skated a clean long, leaving out one double axel.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Whew!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Good to hear and thanks for the reports.

The solid run-throughs are nice and all, but it only matters during crunch time

vCash
    What a little ray of sunshine you are

vCash
    It's very nice of triple_toe to provide a practice report for those who don't have access to the Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry. Thank you!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes, thank you!!!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    It's very nice of triple_toe to provide a practice report for those who don't have access to the Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry. Thank you!
    Twitter is also an EXCELLENT source of practice reports as well. Between them and what is being mentioned here, anticipation is increasing...

vCash
    You're welcome! I know how it is to not have the opportunity to read the reports in the Kiss and Cry.

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast