Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

vCash
    Glad to hear the encouraging report on Gracie's LP. Also the thread needs a bump due to all the polls being started in the Trash Can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Courtney Hicks debuted her Senior SP at LA Open yesterday to the Soul Surfer soundtrack (click on the article link in post #906 above for more info on her programs). She tweeted this 15-second video clip that includes her big 3F+3T combo (she reportedly landed 3Lz, fell on 2A & scored 58 points for 1st place): http://instagram.com/p/butG9MF9g9/
    Thanks, Sylvia. Her 3F+3T is just gorgeous. I hope she stays healthy and keeps up constancy throughout the season. Can't wait to see the whole program. Are there any report on her sipins? I love her remarkable spins, too.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Courtney Hicks debuted her Senior SP at LA Open yesterday to the Soul Surfer soundtrack (click on the article link in post #906 above for more info on her programs). She tweeted this 15-second video clip that includes her big 3F+3T combo (she reportedly landed 3Lz, fell on 2A & scored 58 points for 1st place): http://instagram.com/p/butG9MF9g9/
    Thank you, Sylvia!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia. Courtney Hicks overcame a lot after she broke her leg at her JGP, and hopefully she can continue to build momentum as the season continues!

Huge 3F + 3T combo!!

vCash
    Is it confirmed that Hicks will stay on JGP or move along to GP (awaiting a SA spot)?

vCash
    Huge jumps. If she tightens them up a little more, we'll have another Tonya Harding on our hands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Huge jumps. If she tightens them up a little more, we'll have another Tonya Harding on our hands.
    When I saw her skate live in Oz a couple of years ago her jumps were so very much higher than everyone else she was against it was incredible. Everyone was talking about it. I was surprised there seemed to be so much negativity from the US FSU board members on here towards her. Saying how she is such an ungainly skater.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    For me, Hicks has the most fantastic jumps of any US lady right now, although Gracie's are fantastic too. I couldn't stop watching her Nationals Exhibition from this year, for the 3 flip with arms over her head (with prettiest arm position of anyone doing this right now, IMO) and a huge 3 lutz which was powerful and perfectly timed to the music. There is something about the power, edging, and rotation that just makes them look amazing to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    When I saw her skate live in Oz a couple of years ago her jumps were so very much higher than everyone else she was against it was incredible. Everyone was talking about it. I was surprised there seemed to be so much negativity from the US FSU board members on here towards her. Saying how she is such an ungainly skater.
    Courtney is a little all over the place when she skates. She has a high level of energy which is great but she needs to rein it in a bit and control it so that she doesn't look so rushed and frantic. Her jumps are rather huge but they aren't pretty and she often gets hit with < and even << which is crazy when you see how high she jumps. Like Olympic, said Courtney needs to work on tightening up her air position and she needs to work on her lines and smoothing her skating out.

I'm not much a fan of Courtney or Gracie at this point but I do prefer Gracie's cleaner (but much stiffer) jumps than Courtney's loose somewhat sloppy jumps. Both girls need maturity and refinement and hopefully they'll gain that. I could see a really great rivalry developing b/w the two of them in the years to come...

vCash
    Gracie Gold's new blog about her programs and preparations for the season: http://www.teamusa.org/Team-USA-Wint...-Season-Begins
    ETA that I've cross-posted the link in GSD in the Programs/Choreographer news thread along with an excerpt about her SP music: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3957522
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-16-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Courtney Hicks has very good skating skills, effortless speed, and a lot of transitions. Her posture is unfortunately not good and stands out among US skaters because the average quality is high in that department. She also slightly wraps her legs in sometimes, which seems to affect the consistency of her jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    Courtney Hicks has very good skating skills, effortless speed, and a lot of transitions. Her posture is unfortunately not good and stands out among US skaters because the average quality is high in that department. She also slightly wraps her legs in sometimes, which seems to affect the consistency of her jumps.
    and rotations.

She has some brilliant spins too (although also some fugly ones like her Biellmann).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    and rotations.

She has some brilliant spins too (although also some fugly ones like her Biellmann).
    She needs to work on her lines and extension. I think her initial layback position is nice and her variations of the donut spin are really nice too. The rest of her spins do need some work though.

vCash
    Ashley Wagner has revealed her progam music in an article/interview posted in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3958027
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    and rotations.

I think she's chucked the Biellmann which is a good move ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I think she's chucked the Biellmann which is a good move ...
    The next move is to work on those lazy feet and the 2axel.

vCash
    The Skating Lesson has said they will be interviewing Ashley. I can't wait! Given how much they have knocked her, I think it's brave of her to agree to the interview. But I'm sure they be very nice during the actual interview, and I hope she approaches it with a good sense of humor.

I love both her music choice this year, very different, yet they both suite her to a T.

vCash
    hmm, im bored of Romeo and Juliet programs, but hopefully Ashley will make it somewhat memorable. I hate Swan Lake but actually found hers quite decent.

vCash
    The next move is to work on those lazy feet and the 2axel.
    ITA. Tight jumps with that height will happily bring back memories of Midori and Tonya. I'm dying to see a Midori or Tonya progeny in the present day. Their powerful skating always excited me!

vCash
    I wasn't sure what that Pink Floyd song that Ashley is doing sounded like, so I looked it up. It's the same piece that Sandra Izbasa used for her floor exercise music last year at the Olympics; quite voidy! I liked it. I'm sure Ashley will do something fabulous with it.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast