Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Do you know when she said this and is there an article link for this?

Wagner still has World Team Trophy, April 11-14, in Japan (if she chooses to go) and the Canadian Stars on Ice tour, April 19-May 10, coming up.
    Here Sylvia:

http://espn.go.com/olympics/figuresk...ympic-table-us

"I felt at the top of my game earlier this season," she said. "Then I overbooked myself. I had two really strong Grand Prix competitions and then I did a lot of shows and traveling. When [the Grand Prix final in] Sochi came around, I was fried. ... I've learned a lot about how to pace myself going into next year's Olympics."

vCash
    Thanks, cbd1235! I read FAR too many Worlds articles this past week and they've blurred together now in my mind!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Wagner and Gold were named to World Team Trophy today: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3881006
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Ashley Cain is practicing 3F+3T, will keep her "Ave Maria" FS and has a new flamenco SP - check out her interview published last week in this blog: http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/...hley-cain.html

vCash
    I'm glad Ashley is hard at work. US figure skating needs a new diva and from her silver-medal skates at Junior Nats a couple years ago I think she has real possibilities if she can develop more confidence and consistency. Her Ave Maria program is lovely. As for flamenco, let's hope she will turn up the heat and make people take notice. Go, Ashley!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Making their international debut for Team USA at Gardena Spring Trophy, April 1-3 in Italy are:
    Junior Ladies: Polina Edmunds J1 at Nationals
    Adv. Novice Ladies: Karen Chen J4
    Polina Edmunds tweeted this photo of herself wearing her first Team USA jacket and posing with Evan Lysacek last weekend in the Cathedral City rink near Palm Springs: http://instagram.com/p/XBAsM7kjbS/
    She is training with Frank Carroll part-time; her primary coach is David Glynn.

ETA:
    Found another pic of Polina proudly modeling her new Team USA jacket : http://instagram.com/p/WDuLOkkjeM/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-23-2013 at 01:14 AM.

vCash
    Good for her. She has a lot of potential if she stops growing. I'm afraid before long she will be too tall.
    Last edited by Jammers; 03-23-2013 at 06:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Good for her. She has a lot of potential if she stops growing. I'm afraid before long she will be to tall.
    How tall is too tall?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Good for her. She has a lot of potential if she stops growing. I'm afraid before long she will be too tall.
    I thought she was really tall too but next to Evan she looks tiny! I think she is just thin and all legs at this point, she might be 5'3"-5'5" range now, but she's almost 15, and she doesn't look like a baby, so most likely she'll only grow a couple more inches, in which case she shouldn't be that tall at the end of her growing stint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    So excited! Both girls were great and I hope this means we get to see Princess Gao in Sochi! ((i know, i know...))
    Haha, your consistent support for Gao makes me smile.
    Gao has to know your existence!

vCash
    I think the US qualified 3 ladies for next year at just the right time.

Undoubtedly, the top 3 at Nationals will go on to the Olympics. However, there is a possibility that one of the 3 may not go to '14 Worlds due to retirement, burn-out, etc., so that leaves the door for #4 US lady to compete at '14 Worlds. Also, with 4CC's so close to the Olympics and the scheduling issues, you have another possibility of all 3 top US ladies staying home and #4 - #6 moving on beyond Nationals to compete at 4CC's. All of that gives us hope that we could see all of Wagner, Gold, Gao, Zawadzki, Czisny, and Nagasu skate at important ISU competitions beyond Nationals.

vCash
    In the Olympic season, none of the Olympic team members will go to Four Continents - this is known ahead of time by all the skaters and coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post

Undoubtedly, the top 3 at Nationals will go on to the Olympics. However, there is a possibility that one of the 3 may not go to '14 Worlds due to retirement, burn-out, etc., so that leaves the door for #4 US lady to compete at '14 Worlds..
    Actually, depending on the results, this is exactly what I would recommend. The Oly team and the World team don't have to be the same. For example, say Gold and Wagner are 1-2 in either order, then you've got Czisny in 3rd and perhaps Zawadzki/Gao in 4th. You send Czisny to Olys as the 3rd place finisher, but Zawadzki/Gao to Worlds to maximize chances of keeping the 3rd spot for 2015.

Title-less
    vCash
    The one thing I'm excited about next year is that 9 girls can get internatinal assignments post nationals. 3 to Olympics/worlds, 3 to 4cc, and 3 to Jr worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EricRohmer View Post
    Haha, your consistent support for Gao makes me smile.
    Gao has to know your existence!
    I know Christina personally. She is a wonderful, beautiful person inside and out!

vCash
    I know Christina personally.
    Of course you do.

vCash
    I know Christina personally. She is a wonderful, beautiful person inside and out!
    Really? Cool

As a friend, tell her that in order to get in front of Zawadzki, she needs to do the 3f-3t

vCash
    Lol, I knew there was something when you defended her skating like crazy a couple years back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Really? Cool

As a friend, tell her that in order to get in front of Zawadzki, she needs to do the 3f-3t
    She knows that and is working on it

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Can you also please ask her to work on her posture and carriage and to loosen up her upper body? Lots of ballet would be nice.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast