Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That's assuming she'll knock it out though. Odds are she won't...and she may be scoring closer to ~110 instead...where would THAT put her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    .....With just a little more improvement to her her overall skating she will be a threat to the top Ladies and Wagner might find her reign as top US Lady over very quickly.
    gettin pretty darn cocky there, Jammers.............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    gettin pretty darn cocky there, Jammers.............
    Not cocky and i'm not saying that Gracie will ever get to that level i'm just saying with more experience and polish and better programs she has the talent to get to that level. She already has the jumps down and we've seen many skaters never reach the top because they couldn't jump because of bad technique. The other things that she needs can be taught she just needs time. The biggest thing she needs to learn to be a better competitor because that's why she skates through her music sometimes she's to much in a rush.
    Last edited by Jammers; 02-24-2013 at 12:21 AM.

vCash
    She already has the jumps down and we've seen many skaters never reach the top because they couldn't jump because of bad technique. .
    I don't think bad technique keeps skaters from reaching the top nearly as often as injuries do. Naturally, this is something all top skaters hope to avoid, and I don't think you even take possible injuries into consideration with your lofty predictions. It happens to the best of them. Look at Ashley, for example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Even if Gold skated her best I dont think she could do anymore than contribute strongly to the U.S regaining 3 spots. Her LP at Nationals which is the best she is capable of at this time would only score mid 120s probably in front of an international panel. There are some women at Worlds who will probably be scoring 140 range or higher in the LP. Then several women capable of scoring in the 70s in the SP as well. Wagner has more shot of a medal but would need some help, as well as recapturing her early season form.
    I agree about Gold - She could contribute to 3 spots for US ladies but nothing more. I don't think there will be a group of ladies scoring over 140 pts. in the LP, though.

vCash
    Any Junior Worlds reports, information, etc. out there yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I agree about Gold - She could contribute to 3 spots for US ladies but nothing more. I don't think there will be a group of ladies scoring over 140 pts. in the LP, though.
    Well...to be fair to Gold, each team member can only do her part. Neither can do it on her own and needs the other to place high as well. Hence the TEAM aspect...

Flatt couldn't do it alone in 2009, nor could Czisny in 2011 or Wagner in 2012. Their respective teammates failed big time and that's why we lack a 3rd spot.

I really have no idea what will happen in a month. But the trend is not pretty nor encouraging...I agree with Phil Hersh that we're all but doomed in such a strong field (even with Korpi's departure)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Well...to be fair to Gold, each team member can only do her part. Neither can do it on her own and needs the other to place high as well. Hence the TEAM aspect...

Flatt couldn't do it alone in 2009, nor could Czisny in 2011 or Wagner in 2012. Their respective teammates failed big time and that's why we lack a 3rd spot.

I really have no idea what will happen in a month. But the trend is not pretty nor encouraging...I agree with Phil Hersh that we're all but doomed in such a strong field (even with Korpi's departure)
    Well, IDK ... I think Wagner is capable of 4th and Gracie 9th:

1. Kim
    2. Kostner or Asada
    3. Kostner or Asada
    4. Wagner
    5. Sotnikova
    6. Suzuki
    7. Tuktamysheva
    8. Gold or Murakami
    9. Gold or Murakami
    10. Osmond

Korpi is out, the next Euro lady, Marchei, is IMO not quite in the same league as the aforementioned top 10. Gedevanishvili is more cold than hot since forever. Kexin Zheng is battling injury. Li Zijun is still quite juniorish, even if she's a revelation this season. Leonova, as the #3 RUS lady is not going to get propped up on PCS and hasn't had what I'd call one outstanding program this season (as in seasons past, when she at least showed signs of life by Russian Nats or Euros).

The competition is in NA, which may mean something if it's close.

HOWEVER, Wagner and Gold are going to have to hit elements (which they are capable of) to get there. The questions are 1. Is Wagner in the right place, mentally or physically? 2. Can Gracie forget about the distractions, just go out there and not get tense.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Any Junior Worlds reports, information, etc. out there yet?
    Official practices start tomorrow (Monday). Any practice reports or other news will be posted in the Junior Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry. Courtney Hicks was tweeting from Milan yesterday and Samantha Cesario tweeted she was flying yesterday.

ETA that I've posted a compilation of Season Best Total scores for the ladies in the 2013 Junior Worlds forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...p-Stats-thread
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-24-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    although I had watched on the computer live - the ladies from 4CC - having watched it on big screen high def (closest to actually being there).. anyway I have changed my mind a bit.. I would def put Gao above Gold now.. Christina Gao really feels the music (unlike Gold) and she really skates with her whole body.. I'm less impressed with Gold - I thought when I had first seen her live at the GP it was just her nerves - but realize that she doesn't connect at all to the music - I know she is young and hope in time she does learn to connect.. but I had hoped with a few seniors competitions under her belt she would have been less juniorish (artistically not technically).. still gifted technically.. but really hope she gets some balance.. then she really will have an amazing package..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    I just noticed on her ISU and IN bios that Courtney Hicks appears to have changed her LP music to the Red Violin from Aranjuez. I really didn't like her Aranjuez program so hopefully this is a positive step, although creating and getting used to a new LP in about a month sounds quite daunting!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I just noticed on her ISU and IN bios that Courtney Hicks appears to have changed her LP music to the Red Violin from Aranjuez.
    No, it's the same music. "Red Violin" = "Aranjuez" as played by violinist Ikuko Kawai - made famous by the Kween in the 2002-03 season : http://heatherw.com/mk/program/aranjuez.htm

ETA: Agnes Zawadzki (Anchorage, Alaska) and Christina Gao (Willmar, Minnesota) skated in exhibition shows this past weekend in cold places. Agnes tweeted this photo of herself perfoming: http://instagram.com/p/WFy_tbA4s6/
    Christina skated to Gangnam Style and a new show program to "River" by Emeli Sande. If I find any more online skating photos, I will post links.

Christina tweeted this photo of herself:
    Just "chillin" in the middle of a lake in Minnesota!! Thanks for a great weekend! #socold #punny http://pic.twitter.com/myi4HcAnYw
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-26-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Well, IDK ... I think Wagner is capable of 4th and Gracie 9th:

1. Kim
    2. Kostner or Asada
    3. Kostner or Asada
    4. Wagner
    5. Sotnikova
    6. Suzuki
    7. Tuktamysheva
    8. Gold or Murakami
    9. Gold or Murakami
    10. Osmond

Korpi is out, the next Euro lady, Marchei, is IMO not quite in the same league as the aforementioned top 10. Gedevanishvili is more cold than hot since forever. Kexin Zheng is battling injury. Li Zijun is still quite juniorish, even if she's a revelation this season. Leonova, as the #3 RUS lady is not going to get propped up on PCS and hasn't had what I'd call one outstanding program this season (as in seasons past, when she at least showed signs of life by Russian Nats or Euros).

The competition is in NA, which may mean something if it's close.

HOWEVER, Wagner and Gold are going to have to hit elements (which they are capable of) to get there. The questions are 1. Is Wagner in the right place, mentally or physically? 2. Can Gracie forget about the distractions, just go out there and not get tense.
    if Gold skated very well in both programs she is easily capable of higher than 8th or 9th. She will crush Murakami if both skate well, and she can easily beat Suzuki, and possibly beat Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, and even Wagner herself if she skates well. I dont think both Americans have to skate perfectly to reach the magic 13, but if one has a relatively poor even the other will have to perform lights out, or both will have to skate reasonably well even if not perfect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    although I had watched on the computer live - the ladies from 4CC - having watched it on big screen high def (closest to actually being there).. anyway I have changed my mind a bit.. I would def put Gao above Gold now.. Christina Gao really feels the music (unlike Gold) and she really skates with her whole body.. I'm less impressed with Gold - I thought when I had first seen her live at the GP it was just her nerves - but realize that she doesn't connect at all to the music - I know she is young and hope in time she does learn to connect.. but I had hoped with a few seniors competitions under her belt she would have been less juniorish (artistically not technically).. still gifted technically.. but really hope she gets some balance.. then she really will have an amazing package..
    Completely agree. Gold's jumps are very exciting. But the rest of it, IMO, is quite juniorish. Hopefully she will fix that........but certainly not before Worlds.

Kim, Asada, Kostner, could or could not be having a good day. Ashley, if it were last year, would be unstoppable.........right now, I don't know. Going to be a cliff hanger.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "As of now" Triple-Triple in the short for Wagner, tweeted USFS about her pre-Worlds media teleconference call today.

vCash
    I honestly think it's as much to hold off Gold, Hicks & Co. back home as it is to fight for a medal.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I think Ashley knows that technically she really can't compete with Gracie she just has to hope Gold doesn't learn how to compete better or learn how to become a all-around skater with more polish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    "As of now" Triple-Triple in the short for Wagner, tweeted USFS about her pre-Worlds media teleconference call today.
    Yup. She KNOWS she needs it or she'll be buried in the standings. Better to go for it if there is reasonable consistency.

vCash
    I think Ashley knows that technically she really can't compete with Gracie she just has to hope Gold doesn't learn how to compete better or learn how to become a all-around skater with more polish.
    I dunno...I have a strange feeling it's the opposite. She'll WANT Gold to learn how to compete by next month...

vCash
    HUH? Gracie has great jumps, when she lands them, but her spins, footwork, etc., are not exceptional. I hope she has the the best skates of her life, but I don't think, given her track record, it is very likely. Ashley had two sub par performances in the last two seasons. My money would be on Ashley.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast