Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    In English please?
    @query5 Are you for real? The US behind Sarah over a mega-Star like Michelle?

Maybe throw in some proper logic? I'm sure the USFS was banking on SARAH winning the OGM in 2002 and therefore pulled all the strings to make it happen because she was the big star of US skating.
    Really!
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    What is "IINM"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    What is "IINM"?
    If I'm not mistaken
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Also, Gold has done them in practice and might do one in competition at some point. IINM, she's younger now than Midori Ito and Tonya Harding were when they landed their first triple axels in competition.
    Gold has done a 3-3-3 in practice. That's as, if not more, spectacular than a 3A.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Gold has done a 3-3-3 in practice. That's as, if not more, spectacular than a 3A.
    Apparently Rochette landed 3A's and quad toes quite consistently in practice. I say this only to point out that lots of skaters do lots of stuff in practice that they never do in competition. It is only with the advent of YouTube that we now get a glimpse - which is very cool, but I highly doubt we will ever see Gracie attempt a 3/3/3 in competition. That said, we might see a 3A attempt post Sochi.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Life's funny, when you come to think of it.
    Last edited by Vagabond; 02-21-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Meissner landed 7 triples, including two 3-3 combos (3F+3T & 3Lz+3T) in her 2006 Worlds FS: http://youtube.com/watch?v=A1VaoEWyBeQ (FS protocols link isn't working for me so I can't confirm)

ETA: I was replying to the original part of Vagabond's post that said Meissner didn't have a 3Lz+3T like Gold has.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-21-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Not to be a snot, but with current judging standards, it is correct to say Meissner didn't have a 3z3t.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    ^
    I don't think it helped Kimmie in the long-run that they ratified her triple-triples at 2006 Worlds. Still love that moment for her though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    ^
    I don't think it helped Kimmie in the long-run that they ratified her triple-triples at 2006 Worlds. Still love that moment for her though.
    I'm not sure how it hurt her?

Kimmie went as far as injury, puberty and life allowed her and IMO it had nothing to do with whether her 3/3 was ratified or not. She was measured by the same yard stick as everyone else that year and she came out on top. World Champion is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

vCash
    ^
    How so? I personally am glad that she took her shot before her body changed and she could no longer be a factor.

vCash
    Sorry I didn't make myself very clear. I was thinking maybe she would have addressed her technique issues sooner if they didn't give her credit. Then again I'm sure some of that might have been really hard to change. I was and am a huge fan of Kimmie's, and I was thrilled when she won Worlds. I certainly wasn't sneezing at her accomplishments.

vCash
    Sorry I didn't make myself very clear. I was thinking maybe she would have addressed her technique issues sooner if they didn't give her credit. Then again I'm sure some of that might have been really hard to change. I was and am a huge fan of Kimmie's, and I was thrilled when she won Worlds. I certainly wasn't sneezing at her accomplishments.
    Thanks for clarifying.

vCash
    My other point was Kimmie was a steady and reliable competitor before her body began changing. Gracie seems to have matured physically but mentally I'm not sure if she's as steady as Kimmie.

Kimmie won Worlds on her first trip ... I actually believe there's an outside shot Gracie can as well if she pulls it all together (a lot of things would have to fall into place ... or should I say a lot of falls would have to happen for her to place).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Apparently Rochette landed 3A's and quad toes quite consistently in practice. I say this only to point out that lots of skaters do lots of stuff in practice that they never do in competition. It is only with the advent of YouTube that we now get a glimpse - which is very cool, but I highly doubt we will ever see Gracie attempt a 3/3/3 in competition. That said, we might see a 3A attempt post Sochi.
    Really!?!?! Is there any evidence/posters who talked about Joannie's quad or 3A?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    If there were, wouldn't we have seen the YouTube clips by now? (I think that was mag's point and I vaguely remember reading references to Rochette's prowess in practices in the past.)

Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    My other point was Kimmie was a steady and reliable competitor before her body began changing. Gracie seems to have matured physically but mentally I'm not sure if she's as steady as Kimmie.
    Fair point, as Meissner was more consistent as a Novice (2003 U.S. champ) vs. Gold (2010 U.S. pewter medalist after a SP with mistakes).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-21-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post

Kimmie won Worlds on her first trip ... I actually believe there's an outside shot Gracie can as well if she pulls it all together (a lot of things would have to fall into place ... or should I say a lot of falls would have to happen for her to place).
    If Kim and Asada were absent I would agree, but...

vCash
    BTW, Kostner just hit it out of the park in the SP at The Challenge Cup in the Netherlands today:

http://schaatsen.nl/challenge-cup-2013/uitslagen

72.81 - Nailed 3l, 3t-3t, 2x and all level 4 spins except the layback.

Thinking Worlds will be Yu Na, Mao and Carolina gunning for medals after the SP, with Ashley chasing them in 4th or possibly 5th (depends on Sotnikova). Not necessarily a bad thing for Ashley, but ...

vCash
    If Wagner got a 3-3 she could hit 70 as well. Remember she was getting 67 for her SP as is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    If Wagner got a 3-3 she could hit 70 as well. Remember she was getting 67 for her SP as is.
    I do question whether Wagner will get those kind of marks though if the field is skating well in London. I could easily see her PCS dropping a wee bit to keep her in a safe and steady 5th place or so. I just have the feeling that the judges have her marked as a 4-8th skater at this point and those kind of things do inform how PCS's can be marked.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast