• Gracie Gold

11 4.23%
  • Kiira Korpii

2 0.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blergh
    vCash
    ^ Your prediction for number 6 is definitely a "no guts, no glory" type of prediction. I like to see more people making riskier predictions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    ^ Your prediction for number 6 is definitely a "no guts, no glory" type of prediction. I like to see more people making riskier predictions.
    LOL. Considering she has never placed off the podium in her entire career, I wouldn't call this a "prediction"... more like a wishlist. And I am sure Vietgrlterifa would like to see more anti-Yuna postings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    LOL. Considering she has never placed off the podium in her entire career, I wouldn't call this a "prediction"... more like a wishlist. And I am sure Vietgrlterifa would like to see more anti-Yuna postings.
    Huh? What makes you think that about Vietgrlterifa? Just because she prefers certain aspects of Mao's skating?

vCash
    Shaia is just being Shaia. I'm sure she is making the list of whomever posted "wrong things" about Yuna lol.

vCash
    After the 4CC nobody expect from Gold to get a medal. Less pressure what she needs. My podium;

Yuna Kim
    Mao Asada
    Gracie Gold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Logic tells me it will be Kostner, Asada and Kim in some order. However, looking at their past, they all have a history of big mistakes at Worlds. Kostner and Asada especially have a history of bombing themselves right off the podium and Kim has a history of digging herself a hole. It would not be surprising at all for one of them to slip off the podium (again, most likely Asada or Kostner) but these skaters are really being held up by PCS lately and they have learned they don't even need to do the harder content. I could easily see them do 5 triple programs with toes, salchows and loops and all stay nice and cozy on the podium. Ironically enough, going for more content may be the only way they don't medal because they may end up popping or getting hit with downgrades.

I don't know Sotnikova and Tukt got extremely high scores at Euros. I think the judges are getting to the point where they are starting to raise the youngsters scores. The judges came very close to giving Sotnikova the European title, and Adelina only did one more triple than Kostner in the long. I think this is especially the case with Sotnikova who really has a wonderful presence on the ice. Even if that long stinks. I think at Euros the judges showed they like Sotnikova A. LOT. And I really think in terms of full package she's the best of the youngsters.

I don't think they will be able to get away with toes, salchows, and loops for much longer... And in fairness to Kim, she doesn't do loops, and she's never been one to downgrade her content.

So I don't think Kim will be able to make all kinds of mistakes, Kostner do doubles/easy triples, or Asada a lot of underrotating and all get on the podium if the young Russians/Gold skate well.
    Last edited by bek; 03-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I don't know Sotnikova and Tukt got extremely high scores at Euros. I think the judges are getting to the point where they are starting to raise the youngsters scores. The judges came very close to giving Sotnikova the European title, and Adelina only did one more triple than Kostner in the long. I think this is especially the case with Sotnikova who really has a wonderful presence on the ice. Even if that long stinks. I think at Euros the judges showed they like Sotnikova A. LOT. And I really think in terms of full package she's the best of the youngsters.

I don't think they will be able to get away with toes, salchows, and loops for much longer... And in fairness to Kim, she doesn't do loops, and she's never been one to downgrade her content.

So I don't think Kim will be able to make all kinds of mistakes, Kostner do doubles/easy triples, or Asada a lot of underrotating and all get on the podium if the young Russians/Gold skate well.
    ...or if a hungry Ashley has her act together at Worlds and skates with all her content ...

ETA - I see that Suzuki is getting more votes. I really doubt she will be on the podium

vCash
    Obviously we all know that if every skater skates clean then it will be

1:yuna
    2:asada
    3:kostner

But we all know consistency is the biggest problem in ladies figure skating.

We have all seen huge meltdowns from Asada and Kostner which could easily push them off top 5. The same is said withWagner since GPF and Nationals

Akiko will unfortunately be underscored in PCS as usual. Liza and adelina could do well if she is clean, but otherwise her components are low so she wont make podium

Murakami can do good if clean, but her GOE on most jumps wont get her high technical scores to podium in my opinion.

vCash
    1. Mao
    2. Carolina
    3. Kim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ...or if a hungry Ashley has her act together at Worlds and skates with all her content ...

ETA - I see that Suzuki is getting more votes. I really doubt she will be on the podium
    I am baffled by the Suzuki votes too. I actually like her, but I think this year even if she has one of her better competitions and others make mistakes, the best she will be is around 5th place (more likely I think she will be around 8th this year though).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I am baffled by the Suzuki votes too. I actually like her, but I think this year even if she has one of her better competitions and others make mistakes, the best she will be is around 5th place (more likely I think she will be around 8th this year though).
    I think she'll be in the final group provided she skates a clean SP, but her marks at 4CC demonstrate that even skating lights out, she won't touch Kostner, Kim or Asada. Probably she will be involved in a pewter battle w/ Wagner (again, provided Wagner gets back into form) and whichever Baby Russian brings it at Worlds.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    With the potential depth of the ladies this season, I think the draw for the SP may be key.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I think she'll be in the final group provided she skates a clean SP, but her marks at 4CC demonstrate that even skating lights out, she won't touch Kostner, Kim or Asada. Probably she will be involved in a pewter battle w/ Wagner (again, provided Wagner gets back into form) and whichever Baby Russian brings it at Worlds.
    Exactly although you are slightly more generous in your assessment of her chances I am. I think Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, and Wagner (yes even now) are all likely to finish above her. I think Murakami, Osmond, Gold are close to 50% odds to finish above her. Suzuki doesnt usually skate as well as she did at 4CCs, especialy in both programs, so I would be surprised if she did, although if she did she would have a decent shot to finish 4th or 5th (still no higher, and any of Tuk, Sot, or Wag. skating perfectly will still beat her even then IMO). Kostner or Asada would have to majorly bomb to finish behind Suzuki, and as for Kim her making enough errors to finish behind Suzuki is simply not possible based on her history.

vCash
    I think only 6 falls will make that result possible, and well..

I think it's very safe to bet on Yuna or Mao for #1. I am inclined to put Carolina up there as well. I think Yuna, Mao, and Carolina are easily the top 3. Ice is slippery, but these three are not at inconsistent phases of their career. These are three skating phenoms that have been around for a long time and most likely have their worst performances behind them. I'm not expecting any of these three to mess up enough for the judges to put someone else ahead. Maybe some mistakes, but not enough to knock them off the podium. Their PCS are just too far ahead of the rest of the group, each of them have a one fall cushion at least IMO.

I'd expect Sotnikova and hopefully Wagner right behind if they skate to potential, then Tuktamysheva and maybe Suzuki.. it's going to be a very competitive World Championships. I really hope this year and the Olympics next year don't pan out like the 2010 mens event which also seemed to be extremely deep before-hand..

Blergh
    vCash
    After reading some of these posts by the "experts" my only wish is for Suzuki to win worlds. Well, even without readings those posts, I still want it to happen.

vCash
    After reading some of these posts by the "experts" my only wish is for Suzuki to win worlds. Well, even without readings those posts, I still want it to happen.
    After what she did at 4CC, and with her 2 great programs this season, I want her to win a medal.

vCash
    That was my wish after NHK. I see no reason to change it now.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Me too, and all the better if Asada, Kim, and Kostner all finish off the podium.

vCash
    Gold: Inge Januleviciute
    Silver: Isadora Williams
    Bronze: Kerstin Frank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Gold: Inge Januleviciute
    Silver: Isadora Williams
    Bronze: Kerstin Frank

Fleur Maxwell wuzrobbed!
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast