3 1.15%
  • Gracie Gold

11 4.23%
  • Kiira Korpii

2 0.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^What exactly is Leonova's status?? She's bombed all year and the Russian Fed sent Gosviani over her to Euros. Slap in the face. But, Leonova is a world medalist. When will they make a decision? Worlds is now less than 1 month away ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Kim will be on it guaranteed, and probably as Champion. Mao is the wild card. If she does all her big jumps she could even win the gold over Kim, but she is inconsistent, and I would be a bit surprised if she even skated as well as 4CCs at Worlds, and if she has enough problems might not even medal. I still thinks he will medal. I would be surprised if Kostner defended her title as she isnt doing hard enough jumps to keep up with Kim and Asada, but I still see her on the podium again in silver or bronze. So I will go with the safe and pick the 3 veteran stars. Wagner, Sotnikova, or Tuktamysheva could spoil if they skate perfectly and Asada has a series of problems with her tough jump layout, or Kostner with her already safe technical programs doesnt skate cleanly.
    I agree with this statement except I would ditch Sotnikova for Suzuki imo.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Of all the top ladies, she's probably the most ambitious, competitive and has tightened her jump technique under Nicks.
    I have to ask . . . what makes you claim that Ashley Wagner is the most ambitious of all the top ladies when she hasn't attempted a 3+3 combination all season long in either of her programs? It's just interesting that one would claim that Wagner is the most ambitious of the ladies now when she only attempts one 3Lutz over both of her programs and attempts no triple+triples and someone like Joannie Rochette was endlessly criticized for playing it too safe when she was attempting three 3Lutzes over both of her programs and attempting a 3toe+1loop+3Salchow at the 3 minute mark of her LP. Ashley's jump technique also still has problems; her 2Axel can be downright scary with its lack of height, she still flutzes, and still two-foots her jumps when she is nervous. Her loops and Salchows have provided some scary falls this season too at her past 2 events.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-12-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^What exactly is Leonova's status?? She's bombed all year and the Russian Fed sent Gosviani over her to Euros. Slap in the face. But, Leonova is a world medalist. When will they make a decision? Worlds is now less than 1 month away ...
    Reportedly Russia's World team will be finalized following the Cup of Russia Final in Tver, February 16-19.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    I agree with this statement except I would ditch Sotnikova for Suzuki imo.
    Sotnikova has more technical ammunition than Suzuki, difficult triple-triple combinations and bigger jumps, and her PCS wont be much lower than Suzuki who doesnt get especialy high PCS that the bigger stars do. Suzuki has been quite inconsistent this season too. Sotnikova has also but seems to be getting better with each event. Most importantly of all though Sotnikova might be considered the Russian #1, or atleast shares that support equally, while the Japanese support is clearly 100% behind Mao and Mao only. I personally think Sotnikova has a better chance than Suzuki at Worlds, and 70% or more likely will finish higher. I dont expect either on the podium this year though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Sotnikova has more technical ammunition than Suzuki, difficult triple-triple combinations and bigger jumps, and her PCS wont be much lower than Suzuki who doesnt get especialy high PCS that the bigger stars do. Suzuki has been quite inconsistent this season too. Sotnikova has also but seems to be getting better with each event. Most importantly of all though Sotnikova might be considered the Russian #1, or atleast shares that support equally, while the Japanese support is clearly 100% behind Mao and Mao only. I personally think Sotnikova has a better chance than Suzuki at Worlds, and 70% or more likely will finish higher. I dont expect either on the podium this year though.
    I don't expect either to be on the podium but I'd bet a shiny nickel that Akiko will place higher. Again super theoretical I'd also say that Akiko has shown pretty darn good consistency this season although Sotnikova is clearly on the rise.

ps in reality I just can't mentally handle the idea of the Christina Aguilara long program placing ahead of Akiko's masterpiece of a program to Cirque's O.

vCash
    I think Kim Asada and Kostner but I wouldn't count Suzuki out for the bronze.

vCash
    I'm surprised so few people have voted for Akiko Suzuki. She's my least favorite top contender but she always seems to skate well just to tick me off. I expect she will skate perfectly at worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    I expect she will skate perfectly at worlds.
    I hope you're right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I have to ask . . . what makes you claim that Ashley Wagner is the most ambitious of all the top ladies when she hasn't attempted a 3+3 combination all season long in either of her programs? It's just interesting that one would claim that Wagner is the most ambitious of the ladies now when she only attempts one 3Lutz over both of her programs and attempts no triple+triples and someone like Joannie Rochette was endlessly criticized for playing it too safe when she was attempting three 3Lutzes over both of her programs and attempting a 3toe+1loop+3Salchow at the 3 minute mark of her LP. Ashley's jump technique also still has problems; her 2Axel can be downright scary with its lack of height, she still flutzes, and still two-foots her jumps when she is nervous. Her loops and Salchows have provided some scary falls this season too at her past 2 events.
    I meant competitive in that I think she's motivated to try hard and skate well when she has others pushing her.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Logic tells me it will be Kostner, Asada and Kim in some order. However, looking at their past, they all have a history of big mistakes at Worlds. Kostner and Asada especially have a history of bombing themselves right off the podium and Kim has a history of digging herself a hole. It would not be surprising at all for one of them to slip off the podium (again, most likely Asada or Kostner) but these skaters are really being held up by PCS lately and they have learned they don't even need to do the harder content. I could easily see them do 5 triple programs with toes, salchows and loops and all stay nice and cozy on the podium. Ironically enough, going for more content may be the only way they don't medal because they may end up popping or getting hit with downgrades.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    I guess you haven't been reading figure skating news for a long time.
    I saw her Les Mis program where she fell on a double toe loop. She had a bad experience in 2011 when she waited until worlds to compete against real stars, and she was evidently not ready for 4CC. It seems worth asking if she might prefer not to show.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 02-13-2013 at 04:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I saw her Les Mis program where she fell on a double toe loop. She had a bad experience in 2011 when she waited until worlds to compete against real stars, and she was evidently not ready for 4CC. It seems worth asking if she might prefer not to show.
    I think you are spot on, and let me explain why, firstly I think all this talk about Kim not having enough time because of PC Speciel Olympics is just a bad excuse to stay out of competition. if she has time to be part in shows, that take place at the same time as another major competition, then she also has time to show up in 4CC. On top of it, she was in Korea only a few hours trip away from 4CC

The way that she thinks and does show up and leave when it suits her is soo disrespectful to the sport, no wonder people don't take the sport seriously. I mean has anyone heard of athletes in any sport that compete once every year or two and are still considered as major contender to win the WC title, I mean just the thought of it makes me laugh.

The funny thing is that through Kim's skating clearly has regressed for obvious reasons, she doesn't seem to care, if she truly cared she would have at least attended one big competition before worlds, it's so funny when I think of her approach and compare it with Asada who competed in the GPF while injured and in pain, and exactly one year after her mother died, the difference between there approach is like heaven and earth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
    whole piece of trash!
    I wish we had a troll emoticon. will have to do.

vCash
    Bot alert!
    Bots' best-troll-of-the-board competition is always a treat, but painful one.

vCash
    The whole delusional post
    Amy/Mary- take a deep breath and calm down. We know you can't see beyond your Mao obsession, but your "opinions" are way off base. One, Kim already committed to the Special Olympics when she became an ambassador. In addition to giving her time to that worthy cause, did you know that she also donated to children affected by the tsunami two years ago? I think I remember quite a few Mao/pro-Japan fans thanking and appreciating Kim after that. But clearly to you, Kim is still a "disrepectful" prima donna who just waltzes in to competition once a year to steal a medal from your precious Mao. Also, how exactly has Kim's skating regressed? She hasn't lost a thing in the last few years.

vCash
    While Kim has skated in two events this season it wasn't against decent competition so i wonder how she will skate at Worlds. Not only that but it will have been almost 3 months since she last skated at Korean Nationals so you have to wonder how sharp she will be. Will she be in competition shape like all the other girls?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    Amy/Mary- take a deep breath and calm down. We know you can't see beyond your Mao obsession, but your "opinions" are way off base. One, Kim already committed to the Special Olympics when she became an ambassador. In addition to giving her time to that worthy cause, did you know that she also donated to children affected by the tsunami two years ago? I think I remember quite a few Mao/pro-Japan fans thanking and appreciating Kim after that. But clearly to you, Kim is still a "disrepectful" prima donna who just waltzes in to competition once a year to steal a medal from your precious Mao. Also, how exactly has Kim's skating regressed? She hasn't lost a thing in the last few years.
    firstly my name is amy03 so I would prefer it if you use it right dear dawfie
    it's funny how the smallest criticism that's based on what is happening makes one a troll..... and how does kim donating change anything I have stated? keep it to the subject you yunabots are experts when it comes to avoiding an uncomfortable subject.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    I'm surprised so few people have voted for Akiko Suzuki. She's my least favorite top contender but she always seems to skate well just to tick me off. I expect she will skate perfectly at worlds.
    1. I havent seen her do a perfect competition since the 2010 Grand Prix final. In fact I cant think of a competition she had less than 2 visible mistakes since then.

2. Even if she did a perfect competition that is unlikely to matter as far as her winning a medal when you have Kim, Asada, Kostner, 2 Russian skaters, Wagner, all probably ahead of her in odds at this point, and arguably Murakami, Gold, Korpi, and Osmond not even far behind her either, hence the very low # of votes for her. The first 3 especialy would really need to drop some bombs on the ice to place below her at this point, just look at NHK between her and Mao this year. Especialy when the entire Japanese fed. support will be behind Mao.

vCash
    Yuna, Carolina, Mao.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast