Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mountaintop, Pennsylvania
    Age
    47
    Posts
    323
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm so glad to see the story about Ye Bin Mok. She was always one of my favorite skaters, beautiful artistry, stretch. I'd love to see her skate professionally.

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,186
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I keep coming back to this thread hoping to see pictures...

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,939
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35722
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I keep coming back to this thread hoping to see pictures...
    http://www.funtasticus.com/2008/03/0...ian-superstar/
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I thought this was a family thread!

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    According to this expert big busts are cyclical in fashion and in skating. Can anyone bring busts back? Mao tried for a few years to have a bust of sorts, and a bust it was. Similarly Alissa had quite a bust last year.

    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...ut-Sasha-Cohen

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I thought this was a family thread!
    Well, Yebin Mok is definitely family friendly, as are most figure skaters. But this thread in many respects, probably not. Anyway, thanks to the friendly and spirited posters for their humorous and/ or positive and noteworthy contributions.

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Cindy Bortz looks like a cross between Rachael Flatt and Tara Lipinski. What happened to her between 1987 and 1988? She was good at the 1987 Junior Worlds.

    1987 Junior Worlds

    1988 USA Nationals
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 02-15-2013 at 08:26 AM.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Main floor
    Posts
    2,459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    According to this expert big busts are cyclical in fashion and in skating. Can anyone bring busts back? Mao tried for a few years to have a bust of sorts, and a bust it was. Similarly Alissa had quite a bust last year.

    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...ut-Sasha-Cohen
    Big busts are out, and small busts are in? Sounds rather redundant if you ask me, I mean, in either scenario where else could they go?

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,060
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Perv..........

  10. #50
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    13,107
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    10376
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Big busts are out, and small busts are in?
    A skater can recover from a small bust in the short program as long as they don't have a large bust in the long program.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    625
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Anna Semenovich has beautiful ankles.

  12. #52

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,939
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35722
    For a thread about busts, no-one has mentioned Michelle's tatas.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    For a thread about busts, no-one has mentioned Michelle's tatas.
    Unlike Czisny's I believe in them.

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Main floor
    Posts
    2,459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    For a thread about busts, no-one has mentioned Michelle's tatas.
    Glad to oblige. Ladies and gentlemen, here they are: Michelle Kwan! http://www.setcelebs.com/images/michelle-kwan-04.jpg

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    Posts
    2,454
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Glad to oblige. Ladies and gentlemen, here they are: Michelle Kwan! http://www.setcelebs.com/images/michelle-kwan-04.jpg
    For a minute I thought that's where Dick Button and Scott Hamilton went to hibernate during the off season.

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    625
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Sasha's miracle bra was a fairly big figure skating bust.

    Silly me, I never knew what a "smiral" was. I just called that the moment in the program where Michelle's boobs showed up.

  17. #57

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,939
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35722
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Silly me, I never knew what a "smiral" was. I just called that the moment in the program where Michelle's boobs showed up.
    Neither did I. But I like it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  18. #58

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,644
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42986
    Quote Originally Posted by nikjil View Post
    I'm so glad to see the story about Ye Bin Mok. She was always one of my favorite skaters, beautiful artistry, stretch. I'd love to see her skate professionally.
    I posted the link to her YouTube channel that includes some of her professional performances in the separate Yebin Mok thread I started as an offshoot to this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...forgiving-quot
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sadya View Post
    Lovely Jennifer Kirk could have achieved more too if she wouldn't have had an eating disorder. Surely she would have at least medaled a few times at Worlds, if not won it at least once.
    I never knew Kirk had an eating disorder. Regardless Kirk was never going to be anymore than an ok skater IMO. I cant imagine her ever having gotten higher than 8th or 9th at Worlds. She had really fugly and smallish jumps which looked terrible, and her overall skating lacked pizzaz and excitement.

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I never knew Kirk had an eating disorder. Regardless Kirk was never going to be anymore than an ok skater IMO. I cant imagine her ever having gotten higher than 8th or 9th at Worlds. She had really fugly and smallish jumps which looked terrible, and her overall skating lacked pizzaz and excitement.
    I would agree with you if I had not witnessed her Chicago short program at 2004 nationals where she did the impossible and nearly overshadowed Kwan and Cohen. If her team could have tapped into that kind of program more then she might have had a more impressive senior career, but they didn't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •