2 2.11%
  • Han Yan

76 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    First name is Han. But in Chinese, Family name goes first

vCash
    Thanks guys. Just seeing it written two different ways confused me!

EDIT:

It's also worth noting that Maxim Kovtun is listed as an alternate for Russia. I assume this is so that if, for some reason, the skate-off goes badly for him and he isn't sent to SW, they can switch him to JW. If that happened, it would change the complexion of the men's event.
    Last edited by misskarne; 02-12-2013 at 02:45 AM.

vCash
    I guess the thread starter had a working crystal ball for this poll because Shoma Uno has replaced Keiji Tanaka (leg pain), according to this Japanese article today:
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepypanda View Post
    Mikhail Kolyada (RUS) should have been included in this poll...
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I'm so excited Uno gets to compete, his skating is so awesome and I love love his FS this season! He really does have some Dai quality to his skating

And yes Kolyada had a very high score at Junior Nationals and could certainly be a spoiler, when the poll was made the Russian team may not have been finalized yet or something, also he hasn't competed internationally this season yet, or at least not on the JGP - he had one B comp, so I guess he's a bit unknown? But certainly the ability and jumps are all there.

vCash
    Keiji Tanaka has withdrawn. Shoma Uno is replacing him.

vCash
    Han Yan has disappeared from the entry list as of today. My guess is that he's going to SW instead of JW.

If that's so, Joshua Farris has immediately become the favourite to win, IMO.

vCash
    Unless Kovtun goes now that Menshov won Russian Cup Finals? I'm uncertain what's happening there, but in the case Menshov goes to Worlds, Kovtun might replace Samarin or Kolyada in which case he'd be a favorite to win as well. If Han Yan is definitely out and Kovtun doesn't wind up competing either, then yes, Farris is the favorite, but it also leaves the door open for Brown and Hino to do very well and secure themselves a medal/possible win.

vCash
    I think Brown can beat Farris if he nails the 3A. He should have higher PCS. Anyway, I think both are the future of American skating

vCash
    I think PCS of Jason vs. Joshua is a toss up, it should be comparable, and if an edge is given to one over the other it will likely go in favor of whoever skates cleaner. I think if Josh were to nail all his 3a and the 4t though, he would win. Unless Kovtun winds up competing and nails two 4t and all his 3a (I think both of his in the FS are in the bonus section ), then I think he'd take it. Should be interesting to watch. I wonder if Jin will try for two 3a and two 4t in his FS again like at JGPF? If he does and pulls it off he could be a podium spoiler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12