Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    does anyone know what set him off? Apparently he was fired in 2008 so why wait all this time to do his revenge mission? Also - he doesn't apparently have any type of mental health condition.. he is choosing to do this due for revenge - but what set him off now? Just because someone does terrible things doesn't mean they must have a mental health issue.. like many of the people I work with choose to abuse their partners or choose to abuse their children.. To me it sounds like he is indeed preparing for his suicide by cop..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    I read his "manifesto" and apparently there was an officer named Teresa Evans who he accused of kicking a suspect three times in front of Dornan. Apparently he complained about it and nothing ever came of it. He also almost got into a fight with an officer who kept saying the "n" word regarding a suspect. We are only hearing his side of things but it sounds like he kept getting into trouble instead of the people he was reporting. He killed the daughter of the cop or former cop who was his defense council?? at the hearing before the panel who eventually fired him. Rambling is putting it mildly regarding the manifesto. Dornan talks about slights to him when he was a kid. It sounds like he was outgoing and friendly but bottled his rage until now. If I was on his hit list I'd be damned afraid.

vCash
    Just to be Devil's Advocate, were there eyewitnesses to see him shoot the people he's accused of shooting?

This whole thing just seems like a frame up and a smokescreen. You have all these officers and there families who are freaked out of their minds, understandably. I wonder what they were investigating when this all started. I bet they are distracted now.

I wonder how CNN is so sure that manifesto came from this person. I hope it's more than the fact that it's signed by him.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    LAPD Press Conference imminent....

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    One of the new officers shot today has died, per KNBC.

Live feeds also on all the SoCal TV stations' websites: www.nbclosangeles.com, www.ktla.com, www.kcal9.com

vCash
    Seems like a really difficult situation, but at least now they have him cornered. Very sad about the loss of lives.

ETA: The latest (7:46 EST) is that the cabin is burning. Police used tear gas, but it's not clear how the cabin caught fire- rather who started the fire- the police or Dorner. This is going to have a tragic end.
    Last edited by Vash01; 02-13-2013 at 01:05 AM.

vCash
    Hope they capture him alive if only so he could be sent to the gas chamber.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Reports are saying that a charred body was found in what is left of the cabin and is believed to be Dorner, but there has been no confirmation.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I just can't get over how much like a nice guy he looked. He looked like an ideal cop and marine, a poster boy for "Protect and Serve."
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    From the way he was acting, I was afraid that his goal was to kill and get killed; he was not going to be captured alive. It's not clear to me if he set the cabin on fire.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Hope they capture him alive if only so he could be sent to the gas chamber.
    From a practical point of view, having him dead now is surer and cheaper.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Perhaps but I will not be assured until the DNA tests confirms he is dead.

vCash
    CNN is reporting that the LAPD is being cautious, having learned their lesson (they slowed down on the manhunt in that cabin area, only to find out he was still there, and it cost one more life of a police officer). Until it's proven that the body is his, they are not saying that he is dead.

vCash
    The two people my age he murdered went to my university. I didn't know them, though friends of mine do. They look familiar. We went there at the same time.

Hope he burns in hell, if he has indeed died.

vCash
    What evidence do they have that he did indeed commit the murders?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Hope he burns in hell, if he has indeed died.
    Amen!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post

He published details of the couple's murder that was not made public, and his alleged manifesto states many times he wants to kill as many cops as possible in revenge for being fired.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...190739331.html

The LAPD is said to be crippled by this whole incident and it is effecting their ability to respond to other crimes.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...190778001.html

vCash
    That's not much though is it? There's so much hatred towards him, but I can see how he could have felt so wronged that he couldn't stop himself. That doesn't excuse him (if it was him), but I do hope the investigation doesn't stop with his death.

I hope the investigation into his claims happens regardless of the outcome of what is happening now. I don't think anything can justify what is happening now, but I do think that his original claims could have merit, and I hope they're not swept under the rug. I hope the police that did the previous shootings are also fully investigated and reprimanded. Seems a lot of mistakes have been made I'm surprised this isn't getting more international news coverage.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    He said he committed them and there are no other viable suspects. This is not something that really is in doubt. Other things are in doubt but not this.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast