Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Christopher Dorner manhunt in LA

Have you heard of Dorner before today?

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Not currently living in LA, but no, hadn't heard about Dorner and hadn't lived in the area long enough to appreciate the meaning behind "KMA" license plate holders until it hit the news today.

Even up here in the Bay Area there were Amber Alerts for his car/license plate (gray Nissan Titan, CA plate 8D83987).

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Wait. What????

ETS: Ah, I see now. That's rather.....intense.
    Last edited by Southpaw; 02-08-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I saw some news reports about him a few days ago when this first started. It's...kind of insane.

The LA area is quite large though. Where they're searching is about an hour east from me, and another 30 minutes from downtown. It's too populated here for him to hide - he's likely still up in the San Bernardino mountains if his truck was found there recently. Must be scary for the cops though, since they're being targeted.

vCash
    How can he possibly convince himself that killing cops and the daughter (and her fiance) of another officer is justified? He sounds coherent in his "manifesto" but his actions are not sane.

vCash
    The murdered girl was his defence attorney's daughter which makes even less sense. My heart and prayers goes out to the victims and their families. Hope they catch this psycho soon!

Quan's father, Randal Quan, a former LAPD captain who became a lawyer in retirement, represented Dorner in front of the Board of Rights, a tribunal that ruled against Dorner at the time of his dismissal, LAPD Capt. William Hayes told The Associated Press Wednesday night.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-coach-fiance/
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-08-2013 at 03:55 AM.

vCash
    Heard about this tonight on Stitcher Radio. He is one sick puppy!

vCash
    I had to look it up. Yikes. I am outside of LA and glad I'm not in LA. So messed up and horrific.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    How can he possibly convince himself that killing cops and the daughter (and her fiance) of another officer is justified? He sounds coherent in his "manifesto" but his actions are not sane.
    I think this is what makes the whole thing even more tragically bizarre. Meanwhile, the LAPD which has a horrible reputation to begin with, shoots two innocent women in the search for this guy.

My thoughts go out to the victims and I hope they catch this guy.

vCash
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...omen-shot.html

What in the world is the LAPD doing shooting at random trucks?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    What in the world is the LAPD doing shooting at random trucks?!
    One can understand the LAPD being on edge, but two separate incidents involving shootings of trucks that "looked" liked the suspect's is very disturbing.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Not defending anyone's motives or actions, but technically the first shooting in Torrance was by LAPD, while the second shooting was by Torrance PD.

Still, there was a statewide alert for his truck and license plate, so I'd hope they'd at least try to read the license plate first before shooting. Just assuming here.

Also that Monica Quan and her boyfriend were shot by Dorner at their Irvine residence (the Watermarke), which is one of the places I'd looked at for living arrangements when I lived down there.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    when discussing current events, please make the title say what the thread is about. Links in the first post are your friend, as well.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Not defending anyone's motives or actions, but technically the first shooting in Torrance was by LAPD, while the second shooting was by Torrance PD.

Still, there was a statewide alert for his truck and license plate, so I'd hope they'd at least try to read the license plate first before shooting. Just assuming here.

Also that Monica Quan and her boyfriend were shot by Dorner at their Irvine residence (the Watermarke), which is one of the places I'd looked at for living arrangements when I lived down there.
    If I owned a Nissan Titan right now, I think I'd keep it home and take the bus! The police are stressed because they're being specifically and randomly targeted by this guy, which is not a normal situation at all for them. It's not typical police overreach, they really are scared.

And yes, if someone was REALLY coming after you, most of the time they wouldn't have to try too hard.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I totally agree with your sentiments, but the first Torrance shooting (the one where the LAPD fired on the women delivering newspapers) involved a blue Toyota truck:
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=8984352

...which isn't exactly a gray Nissan Titan:
    http://images04.olx.com/ui/9/07/51/f...877572776.jpeg

I know the officers are stressed out and all, but I'd also assume they're also fairly experienced at identifying and telling vehicles apart, given their active work in the field.

Also, in the first link, the truck is riddled with bullet holes. Doesn't look like they even bothered to hesitate there.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Even up here in the Bay Area there were Amber Alerts for his car/license plate (gray Nissan Titan, CA plate 8D83987).
    [/QUOTE]

So that's what that was about.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The murdered girl was his defence attorney's daughter which makes even less sense.
    Dorner likely felt that the defense attorney purposely failed to properly defend him.

The guy is definitely disturbed and needs to be immediately caught and punished for his crimes. But I don't think we should simply ignore the other side of the story. Perhaps there is truth in his claims of being unjustly fired. In reporting police brutality against another officer (and the LAPD has a LONG history of police brutality), Dorner committed what is seen as the ultimate sin: He broke the blue code of silence. It made him a rat; an enemy among officers, who likely wanted him gone. He was fired for supposedly making "false remarks", but we've seen policemen remain on the job or win their jobs back after committing much more egregious acts. I've read no reports of officers being fired for mistaking a 71 and 47 year old Latina for a 270 pound black man--riddling their truck with bullets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Dorner likely felt that the defense attorney purposely failed to properly defend him.

The guy is definitely disturbed and needs to be immediately caught and punished for his crimes.
    There's no way this guy is going to be caught. He's flat out stated that he has nothing to live for and no fear of death. He's aiming for "suicide by cop". He wants to be a martyr; it will add to the whole "behold, I am wronged" thing.

That's not to say that the LAPD didn't screw him over; from many accounts that organization is extremely corrupt and I wouldn't put it past them to hang this guy out to dry if he tried to blow the whistle on some stuff. But if that's the case, you go to the media with your evidence (he did send something to Anderson Cooper) and try to move on; you don't start killing people!

vCash
    I know CNN was showing some Facebook comments supporting Dorner---not for murdering people but for his contempt for the LAPD. To be sure they have had their problems but his actions are beyond the pale. And those poor women getting shot by police while they were delivering papers -- awful.

vCash
    Well the other side of that accusation he brought against his training officer is that she was about to give him a negative review. Then this charge of police brutality was levelled against her. The man is clearly very disturbed, so perhaps there is something more to what has been reported. If he wasn't disturbed and there wasn't more to this story then he would have done what others have done before him. Hire a lawyer and sue for millions.

This article has a picture of the slain Quan and Lawrence.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1257595
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-09-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast