Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Art on Ice 2013 (Lambiel, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Volosozhar/Trankov, Arakawa & more)

2013 tour cities: Zurich (January 31-February 3), Lausanne, Davos, Helsinki, and Stockholm.

News updates: http://www.artonice.com/en/home/news/

Stéphane Lambiel meets with singer Leona Lewis in London (Dec. 2012): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeB8Yb1-zYY

pianomaya65 has uploaded videos from the Feb. 2-3 shows in Zurich: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...jQAyT5M_43gjTQ
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Tell them to come to North America too!

vCash
    Shizuka tweeted videos of her and Stephane (Team 2S! (=´∀`)人(´∀`=)) doing sbs jumps during practice!

3T+3T: https://twitter.com/tiramisu11/statu...38657329524737

3F: https://twitter.com/tiramisu11/statu...37010947764224

vCash
    Videos of the show here
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pianomaya65

vCash
    I am going to see it in Helsinki on Saturday!
    Will surely report something.

vCash
    I second the North America thing. The video of Lambiel was incredible and Savchenko/Szolkowy are my favorite pair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    I am going to see it in Helsinki on Saturday!
    Will surely report something.
    Me, too!!! Can't wait!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepypanda View Post
    Shizuka tweeted videos of her and Stephane (Team 2S! (=´∀`)人(´∀`=)) doing sbs jumps during practice!

what the hell? hasn't shizuka lost any jumps? it's almost 7 years past her triumph, it's unbelievable what she brings on the ice. get her back for sochi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    what the hell? hasn't shizuka lost any jumps? it's almost 7 years past her triumph, it's unbelievable what she brings on the ice. get her back for sochi
    I can't see the videos! Shizuka is incredible, yes!

vCash
    ^I remember seeing a vid of Shiz a couple of years back, doing a MONSTER 3z-3r combo in a show - if anything, her jumps look better now than they did for a fair bit of her amateur career. Somehow. It's pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepypanda View Post

OMG YESSS

Thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    I second the North America thing. The video of Lambiel was incredible and Savchenko/Szolkowy are my favorite pair.
    I third it!

vCash
    The show in Helsinki was GREAT!

vCash
    Wow, the show in Helsinki was splendid, though they had lot of diffuculties on the raod. The cargo was too full, so their plane was 5 hours late and they all were thinking that they have to cancel it. It started 15 min late, the audience got nervous,and the first 45 minutes before the tv-part started was a bit tentative. But then the fun started!

Shizuka Arakawa is still very very elegant and her Ina Bauer is the best in the bussiness. She jumped some soft 2a´s. Sotnikova has already a good show charisma. Meier and Korpi were good, and Kiira is recovering well and aims to London in March.

I could live without the acrobats and moderators, but I guess they are part of the original show concept. Two cellos were furious in a good way, and Leona Lewis has a great voice and enjoyed being part of the skating show. Amodio was greatly loved by the audience, and Berntsson is still a good entertainer. It was nice to have him in Helsinki. We did not have any ice dancers, but we had two best pairs in the world. I have to admid that Volosozhar and Trankov outshined Savchenko and Szolkowy this time. Trankov seemed to finally have fixed his death spiral position and they were macigal in many ways. S/S did some great throw jumps in a row, wow!

I don´t have enough words to describe Lambiel. I would pay big money to just see him glide on the ice, and maybe do a spin or two. He is an artist, and you just see how he puts is soul in what he does.

It is a great great show. Really something you will remember long time afterwards.

vCash
    who is that woman in the background flapping her arms in the swan costume while Shizuka is skating? so ridiculous looking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    I don´t have enough words to describe Lambiel. I would pay big money to just see him glide on the ice, and maybe do a spin or two. He is an artist, and you just see how he puts is soul in what he does.
    Yes! I can't agree more!

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    I also went last night and had a good time... although I will admit that this gala was further proof for me that I just tend to enjoy competitions more because of the thrill. It was nice and all but I just don't get as excited as I do when it's a competition. I could totally live without the non-skating parts with the storytelling and so on but I understand that the general public tends to like it.

Really enjoyed Sotnikova! She's an amazing performer for her age and it really came across well in gala numbers.

My first time seeing Arakawa! At first I thought her skating seemed a bit slacky somehow but I actually really loved the last number she did with Leona Lewis singing (Moment Like This or something). Her costume had a million swarovskis and the lighting along with the music was perfect. And her Ina is gorgeous.

Lambiel is as good as it gets but I was so disappointed that he didn't do his signature scratch spin. Or not fully at least - he always opened it after a few rotations instead of continuing for 10 seconds or so - I loved it when he used to do that.

So happy to see Kiira on ice. It must mean that she's doing at least somewhat better (IIRC she wasn't able to even go on the ice a month ago?). She did some good 2axels too. I desperately want her to be healthy and hopefully be able to skate at Worlds.

S/S and V/T were both as good as you can expect. Usually I prefer S/S but here I actually thought V/T's numbers were nicer. They did a huge 2twist that made the audience gasp and also some beautiful throws and death spirals.

Oh, and Kris Berntsson is always fun!
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Just realized that I completely forgot to add my number one comment from the show: that during the "sophisticated" crowd pleaser numbers by Amodio () I was tempted to text Finnice something along the lines of a barf emoticon. Give me Viktor Pfeifer's short program any time over this.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Lambiel is as good as it gets but I was so disappointed that he didn't do his signature scratch spin. Or not fully at least - he always opened it after a few rotations instead of continuing for 10 seconds or so - I loved it when he used to do that.
    Of course, you can look at it the way you want, but you make it seem like spins are the most important thing in his skating. Which is very far from the truth, in my opinion. I can very well imagine Lambiel doing a beautiful program without any spins. His spins are not as fast as they used to be, anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast