Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I know who i have my money on
    Now, now
    Gee I wonder who it could be....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    He definitely passed the New Jersey bar exam, his name was on the list published in November.
    His passing the bar exam is not in question, even by his accuser. It is that he appears to have practiced law without a license in Georgia.

He passed the NY bar exam too, but it appears is waiting to be admitted to the bar while a review of the accusations is done by the Bar's ethics committee.

I hope the accusations are not true for Johnny's sake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    His passing the bar exam is not in question, even by his accuser. It is that he appears to have practiced law without a license in Georgia.

He passed the NY bar exam too, but it appears is waiting to be admitted to the bar while a review of the accusations is done by the Bar's ethics committee.

I hope the accusations are not true for Johnny's sake.
    From reading the Rip off report, it appears Victor's only jobs were at a day school in Georgia and at a law firm in NYC, probably as a paralegal which does not require a law degree. Where did you read he practiced law without a license?

vCash
    The Ripoff Report and some of the comments below it seem to be from the same source as the Queerty story. I'm not sure how reliable the report is.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    How long did Johnny know Victor before marrying him??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    How long did Johnny know Victor before marrying him??
    From what I've read, they first met five years ago at a party but Johnny thought Victor was straight because he was apparently deep in the closet. They were reintroduced in the summer of 2011 and they were married five months later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    The Ripoff Report and some of the comments below it seem to be from the same source as the Queerty story. I'm not sure how reliable the report is.
    ^This. That story's been out for awhile. If it were true, I would think that legal action would've been taken by now.

vCash
    Yeah, it does seem like that story is quite old now. I would not expect it pan out to be true if it hasn't already. I was just wondering what his current business is.

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by judiz; 03-12-2013 at 04:25 AM.

vCash
    All I can say is I hope the stories are false for Johnny's sake. Reading his twitters over the past year, he really seems happier since meeting and marrying Victor and it's obvious they love each other very much.

vCash
    From reading the Rip off report, it appears Victor's only jobs were at a day school in Georgia and at a law firm in NYC, probably as a paralegal which does not require a law degree. Where did you read he practiced law without a license?
    If the accuser is correct, then Victor would have had to be practicing law in Georgia to enter into the alleged agreements he entered into, but one of the responders on the rip-off report investigated and found Victor had no law license in Georgia, nor in new jersey or New york, although he advertises differently in his Lindeken profile. See :"Some advise for the author of this report" which appears below the rip-off report.

I wonder if Victor really did go into rehab for amphetamine abuse as the accuser said Victor's father had told him?

Can someone refresh my memory (if I ever knew lol), how Johnny met this young man. How long did they know each other before getting married? I hope Johnny has a prenupt.

vCash
    I don't see Victor listing a law licence in his Linked In profile.
    Georgetown University Law Center
    Juris Doctor, Law
    2005 – 2008
    Emory University
    B.A., Political Science
    2001 – 2005
    It says he has a law degree, which I don't think is in dispute, but I don't see any indication that he has a license to practice law.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

Can someone refresh my memory (if I ever knew lol), how Johnny met this young man. How long did they know each other before getting married? I hope Johnny has a prenupt.
    In a few interviews from last year, Johnny mentioned he had met Victor at a Russian restaurant about five years ago but it didn't register because he thought Victor was straight. They were reintroduced in the summer of 2011 and Johnny learned Victor was gay, they started dating and were engaged in October and married in December 2011 after dating for six or seven months?

Victor was in the finale episode of BGJW, in that episode he told Johnny that he had a six year relationship with a girl and was in the closet the entire time and Johnny was his first relationship with a man. Victor came out to his family and friends two months before the wedding.
    Last edited by judiz; 03-13-2013 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    I don't see Victor listing a law licence in his Linked In profile.

It says he has a law degree, which I don't think is in dispute, but I don't see any indication that he has a license to practice law.
    He passed the bar exam but that doesn't automatically give you the law license, you have to be admitted to the Bar and Victor's DWI probably prevented him from being admitted to the New York Bar, not sure what his status is in New Jersey.

vCash
    But has the DWI been verified? The only mention of it was in the information in the (questionable) Ripoff Report.

vCash
    But has the DWI been verified? The only mention of it was in the information in the (questionable) Ripoff Report.
    Yeah, the DWI happened in 2011, out of curiosity I googled Victor tonight and once you get past all the articles about the wedding, the newspaper article listing the arrest shows up.
    Last edited by judiz; 03-13-2013 at 02:45 AM.

vCash
    He passed the bar exam but that doesn't automatically give you the law license, you have to be admitted to the Bar and Victor's DWI probably prevented him from being admitted to the New York Bar, not sure what his status is in New Jersey.
    really? there are many lawyers who had DWi's and DUi's..

i've even heard of lawyers with misdemeanor theft convictions
    it depends on the severity, circumstances and how long ago it happened

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    really? there are many lawyers who had DWi's and DUi's..

i've even heard of lawyers with misdemeanor theft convictions
    it depends on the severity, circumstances and how long ago it happened
    But maybe it's different if the DWI or DUI happens before you are admitted to the bar, as opposed to someone who had already been practicing law?

vCash
    But maybe it's different if the DWI or DUI happens before you are admitted to the bar, as opposed to someone who had already been practicing law?
    I think you're right on.

O-

vCash
    This topic is commonly asked on law school forums

It seems to be generally agreed that a single DWI/DUI by itself will not necessarily ruin your chances of getting into law school or passing the bar. Multiple offenses, on the other hand..
    Also I think there's a difference between committing an offense before law school vs during? And of course each state is different..

It's really case-by-case. They take into consideration how long it's been since the offense, and what the individual has done since to prove that they have changed. People are encouraged to be 100 percent honest and forthcoming about their transgressions.

edited to add a link to "international lawyers in alcoholics anonymous"
    O_O
    http://www.ilaa.org/home/
    Last edited by iarispiralllyof; 03-14-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast