Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I am forced to agree, that is some serious TRASH-TALKIN'!!!!! If someone looked me in the eye and said, "I very easily could have done very well" in comparison to my performance...well, I would just wither up and die! I can barely stay seated in my chair thinking how crushed Mr. Aaron must be upon reading this shattering vitriol! Would it be appropriate for us to start up a collection for flowers for Max? I surely hope Aaron won't withdraw from 4CC after being attacked in such a horrific manner...
    I don't think anyone's arguing that Max gives a rusty hoot about what Johnny thinks.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I don't think anyone's arguing that Max gives a rusty hoot about what Johnny thinks.
    I think Max and Johnny actually get along. They have tweeted each other, plus Johnny complimented his eyebrows.

vCash
    I just think it means that he thought he could have been competitive, not that everyone else sucked.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    "After Max's jumping ability," um, I can think of several other skaters who could have done very well if not for their jumps. You're not the only other competitor with great artistry!

I don't think he's necessarily trash talking, maybe he's really that naive.
    Last edited by Anita18; 02-09-2013 at 06:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    They have tweeted each other, plus Johnny complimented his eyebrows.
    Max does have nice dark eyebrows.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I think Max and Johnny actually get along. They have tweeted each other, plus Johnny complimented his eyebrows.
    I'd say they get along

https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/stat...858944/photo/1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    I love this picture!! lol
    Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm - Ralph Waldo Emerson

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think Johnny still doesn't understand CoP.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I find it interesting Johnny says he easily could have done very well when the 4 men's medalists all scored well over 240 points for total scores while in the events Johnny competed in this season he was getting like 200. So really, you think you could "very easily" jump 40-50 points over the course of a couple months? Come on. Maybe he was trying to say that apart from Max, the other top guys weren't reeling off tons of quads, but what about Johnny's 3a that's so often MIA? He doesn't usually even attempt 3a-3t. Further, Jeremy didn't bomb and wound up third, and IMO was lucky he didn't wind up lower than that, after landing all three of his planned 3axels between his two programs. To me it seems Johnny is trying to belittle the accomplishments of the other men on the podium, which isn't cool because they all skated really well and to a level we haven't seen from Johnny in quite a while.
    Agree! Less talk, more action, Johnny Weir.

vCash
    I think Max gets Johnny, as do most skaters who have the chance to get to know him. I think they realize that he's kinda crazy, very unique, and above all, loveable. It's just some fan "types" and some media "types," or let's just say "uptight" people who don't get his humor and his cheekiness, and/ or understand how to read between the lines of what sounds to them like simply "trash talking."

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    That is a great photo!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    The last Johnny I remember was in the skating with the celeb show, not very lovable or unique. Well I guess unique, in an attention getting way. I think just trying to shock us or maybe he really does think he looks good. Maybe I'm just uptight, but I don't care for this Johnny very much and I use to really like him. He just seems arrogant now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    The last Johnny I remember was in the skating with the celeb show, not very lovable or unique. Well I guess unique, in an attention getting way. I think just trying to shock us or maybe he really does think he looks good. Maybe I'm just uptight, but I don't care for this Johnny very much and I use to really like him. He just seems arrogant now.
    Johnny likes to say provocative things. This is not new behavior for him at all.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    I think Max gets Johnny, as do most skaters who have the chance to get to know him. I think they realize that he's kinda crazy, very unique, and above all, loveable. It's just some fan "types" and some media "types," or let's just say "uptight" people who don't get his humor and his cheekiness, and/ or understand how to read between the lines of what sounds to them like simply "trash talking."
    You keep using those quotation marks. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    From Johnny's twitter re: fashion week

Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir
    Strutting for @MichaelKuluva @tumblerandtipsy in the morning, then @AsherLevine and @theblondsny in the evening! Busy Tuesday dead ahead...

vCash
    Is Johnny currently training at all? He doesn't tweet anything related his practices anymore.

vCash
    From what I remember reading, he has been skating on his own but will return to full training in a few weeks.

Drawing Figures
    vCash
    On the motives behind his comeback: "I wasn't coming back to keep people talking about me. I have enough people talking about me in many other industries, I don't need to pretend I'm going to skate."
    Maybe he doesn't need to pretend he's going to skate, but my impression of JW is that he can never have TOO many people talking about him. Positive, negative, or otherwise.

vCash
    ^^Well since Johnny exists (He's Alive!! ), people are gonna talk, "positive, negative or otherwise."

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^Well since Johnny exists (He's Alive!! ), people are gonna talk, "positive, negative or otherwise."
    That is it EXACTLY! Do you ever notice how people who get up on a stage always want attention? It's like they're saying, "look at me"...again!!! Honestly, how self-cented can you GET??!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast