Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    But aren't some skaters notorious for twittering about everything and anything? Some have a reputation of having a compulsion to tweet. If that's true, then it's telling that they'd choose to be silent on it...or they just don't know what's going on outside their little world.

They're free to tweet or not to tweet, but I don't blame followers for wondering about the silence.
    Exactly. Like I said they have no obligation to say anything, but I can't believe not one of them is interested enough to say anything about doma/prop8.

For example Alex Shibutani(bless his heart) addicted to twitter except for today.

vCash
    Weird phone post sorry see belpw
    Last edited by misskarne; 06-27-2013 at 07:56 AM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Alexander Johnson tweeted,

What a great day to be an American

https://twitter.com/Alex_M_Johnson/s...28411391057920

Jeremy Ten tweeted,
    #Equality here we come. #KeepFighting #AcceptanceNotTolerance #LoveNotHate #ItGetsBetter #SameLove
    and as a Canadian, he has the right to marry whomever he wants.

https://twitter.com/j3r3bear/status/350008997073518593

Maybe I'm following the wrong skaters, but of the ones I follow who don't stick to skating, "everything and anything" rarely touches on politics unless its about treatment of animals and often is pretty mundane (shopping, the Boston Bruins, school, part-time jobs, the beach, etc.)
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 06-27-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Gracie retweeted Kelly Clarkson:

Kelly Clarkson ‏@kelly_clarkson 12h
    Yeah, marriage equality!!!! On our way! #PeopleLikeUs #TieItUp
    Retweeted by Gracie Gold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    Johnny, obviously goes without saying, I was talking about the rest. Not one single tweet from any of our top male skaters.

#noballsItellyou
    That's extremely harsh and nasty. The USFSA has a very homophobic track record. Do you really expect skaters who are still eligible, with long careers ahead of them, to risk shooting themselves in the foot like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Alexander Johnson tweeted,

What a great day to be an American

https://twitter.com/Alex_M_Johnson/s...28411391057920

Jeremy Ten tweeted,
    #Equality here we come. #KeepFighting #AcceptanceNotTolerance #LoveNotHate #ItGetsBetter #SameLove
    and as a Canadian, he has the right to marry whomever he wants.

https://twitter.com/j3r3bear/status/350008997073518593

Maybe I'm following the wrong skaters, but of the ones I follow who don't stick to skating, "everything and anything" rarely touches on politics unless its about treatment of animals and often is pretty mundane (shopping, the Boston Bruins, school, part-time jobs, the beach, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Gracie retweeted Kelly Clarkson:
    My appreciation for those skaters has gone up immensely. I already think highly of Alexander Johnson, but that seals the deal for me. I'll be rooting for him to make the Olympic team.

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    That's extremely harsh and nasty. The USFSA has a very homophobic track record. Do you really expect skaters who are still eligible, with long careers ahead of them, to risk shooting themselves in the foot like that?
    Misskate, do you think the USFSA would take any action against X skater for appreciating the demise of prop8/the ruling on Doma? I know the USFSA has a dodgy record, but this was a historical event that was covered by pretty much all the news outlets. USFSA is not that clueless, and believe it or not things have progressed in the last 2-3 years.

When Jennifer Kirk said she bearded, she wasn't kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...FE2oAw4#t=541s

vCash
    I saw lots of skaters tweeting about it. In addition to @Alex_M_Johnson and Jeremy Ten @j3r3bear:

@HarrisonChoate
    Proud to be an American today #doma #scotus #prop8 http://youtu.be/hlVBg7_08n0

@theRandyGardner
    Our country made an intelligent decision yesterday. Go USA! #NoMoreDOMA

Jimmy Morgan ‏@HashtagJimmy
    Pretty powerful RT @HRC: Amazing quote for #marriageequality from Supreme Court decision! #time4marriage

Jimmy Morgan ‏@HashtagJimmy
    Facebook's on board. | "Facebook Rolls Out Rainbow 'Pride' Emoji After DOMA Decision" http://feeds.mashable.com/~r/Mashable/~3/WYjDKcJp8bw/

@Drew_Meekins
    So happy and proud by the ruling today of the SCOTUS! Federal recognition of marriage equality rights, & marriage equallity returned to CA!

Michael Johnson ‏@pogostickuser12
    HELL NO! The Supreme Court has decided that my marriage is equal to a straight marriage #whenithappens… http://instagram.com/p/bBsvjcTZsN/

@GeorgiaGlastris
    INCREDIBLY proud to be an American today ����❤������ #loveislove

Alex Shaughnessy ‏@ashaughn18
    The only things that matter are love and happiness #loveislove

‏@katrinahacker
    !!!!!!!!! “@SCOTUSblog: DOMA is unconstitutional”

carina.ann. ‏@CMGxo4
    DOMA and prop. 8 ruled unconstitutional!! Incredibly proud to be an American today. Love is love. ������ #supremecourtRULES

Tai Babilonia ‏@taiskates
    TODAY LOVE WINS! #GREATDAY

@ChaseBelmontes
    What a fantastic step in the right direction! #SCOTUS

@LauraLepzinski
    “@BarackObama: Today's DOMA ruling is a historic step forward for #MarriageEquality. #LoveIsLove”

vCash
    BTW, I checked Brian Boitano's Twitter feed...he's gay and did not tweet about these matters. His tweets seem to mostly be about his cooking show.
    Did I miss something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    Did I miss something?
    Certain people's compulsion to make others divulge every single aspect of their thinking and personal lives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Certain people's compulsion to make others divulge every single aspect of their thinking and personal lives.
    It's not that...I've been out of the FS loop for a number of years; I guess the closet door is still shut.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 06-27-2013 at 04:48 PM.

vCash
    I see no reason for every skater having to respond on Twitter about this. I wouldn't even if i had Twitter because it doesn't affect me and i don't really care on way or another.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    You guys don't understand. Dot didn't see it. Therefore it didn't happen. And the measure of how much someone cares about Gay Rights is whether or not they post about it on Twitter. Not how much money they give to the cause or what they say in other forums or how they treat people in real life.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Wow...they might as well have explicitly outed "said Olympic champion."

vCash
    Wow...they might as well have explicitly outed "said Olympic champion."

It's kind of an open secret I guess.

IMO it wouldn't make any difference one way or the other, but then again we're not in their shoes.

vCash
    lol i love how they hint at Ryan Seacrest having a beard.

vCash
    It's not that...I've been out of the FS loop for a number of years; I guess the closet door is still shut.
    Open or shut, vocal or silent, gay or straight is the right of the individual and not your right to know or not know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Open or shut, vocal or silent, gay or straight is the right of the individual and not your right to know or not know.
    Nobody is arguing that it isn't they're right to answer or not answer or speak or not speak or whatever. But people, like people who follow said skaters on social media, have a right to comment or pass of judgment as well since these skaters practically invite them for their own personal PR and brand benefit. You may not agree with those who are passing off said judgments and think they're being harsh or not understanding, but they're free to do so just like the skaters are free to not say a word.

vCash
    Nobody is arguing that it isn't they're right to answer or not answer or speak or not speak or whatever. But people, like people who follow said skaters on social media, have a right to comment or pass of judgment as well since these skaters practically invite them for their own personal PR and brand benefit. You may not agree with those who are passing off said judgments and think they're being harsh or not understanding, but they're free to do so just like the skaters are free to not say a word.
    And we have the right to comment and pass judgment on the them in their turn. The difference is that, by and large, anonymous posters on FSU don't get criticized when they don't post their thoughts, only when they do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    And we have the right to comment and pass judgment on the them in their turn. The difference is that, by and large, anonymous posters on FSU don't get criticized when they don't post their thoughts, only when they do.
    Right. I mentioned that. So we should stop talking about "rights" people have or what they're "free" to do and just accept that people can comment whatever they want to. I'm not saying people's opinions are correct, but the idea that they shouldn't comment is just ridiculous.

Anyway, as for the differences between anonymous posters and public individuals...well, that's the price people pay by putting themselves out there to reap whatever benefits come with being a public persona. Once people put their lives (not professional lives but actual private life) on display, it only encourages people to want to know more about what they think or how they act.

vCash
    Twitter:

Benjy Sarlin ‏@BenjySarlin 3h
    Did he consult Russian human rights orgs? MT @versharma: ICYMI: Putin has signed anti-gay propaganda bill into law http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...anda-bill.html
    So, it's official.

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast