Article: (Tammy) Gambillís pupils young but talented

Done after returning from 2013 Nationals, the Riverside Press-Enterprise:

http://blog.pe.com/jim-alexander/201...-but-talented/
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Nice article! Thanks for sharing it!

vCash
    I really, really want Dornbush to do well. He has such textbook jumps and doesn't have the boring qualities of Carriere, Mroz or Aaron. In my mind he is right up there with Farris and Brown. Sadly he just hasn't been able to put it all together since his silver medal at 2011 Nationals.

vCash
    Was this the coach that Scott mentioned during competition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I really, really want Dornbush to do well. He has such textbook jumps and doesn't have the boring qualities of Carriere, Mroz or Aaron. In my mind he is right up there with Farris and Brown. Sadly he just hasn't been able to put it all together since his silver medal at 2011 Nationals.
    ITA! He has that command of the ice that eludes so many skaters. I really hope his ankle injury heals totally and completely soon... and no more boot problems. I just want to see what he can do without impediments!

vCash
    I posted a pre-4CC article link and excerpt about Dornbush here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3828672

Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Was this the coach that Scott mentioned during competition?
    Probably? Gambill coached 3 Senior men at Nationals, and her younger skaters collected gold & silver in both Junior Men and Novice Ladies.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    If Richard skates clean he is easily in the top 3 in the US if not top 2.
    Last edited by Jammers; 02-08-2013 at 12:23 AM.

vCash
    Tammy really has a very good system going - her skaters (at all levels and all events) are always very well put together and look prepared, even if the jumps have an off night. I really admire what she is putting out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnMJensen View Post
    Tammy really has a very good system going - her skaters (at all levels and all events) are always very well put together and look prepared, even if the jumps have an off night. I really admire what she is putting out.
    It is a pleasure to to judge tests at the rink where Tammy coaches. Test candidates are always well prepared. Tammy also has a good support staff of coaches. One other things that adds to the enjoyment of judging at the Riverside rink, is that during the test sessions there is a ballet class going on. Judging tests with classical ballet music in the background is just great.
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    Like she isn't swamped already but does she conduct "how to" seminars for new coaches?