Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Cheer thread? I cheer when he keeps his pants zipped.
    lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    For me, personally, Staviski had an extraordinary presence and upper-body expressiveness that none of the men post-Gwendal Peizerat had. I can't really explain it, but he just exuded something special and was extremely musical.

Even when I caught clips of some lame Russian reality dance show (where the male skaters were paired up with ballerinas), Staviski stuck out among the men. Roman Kostomorov was pretty stiff and boring to watch (just like during during his competitive days on ice).
    Yes - imagine Navka and Staviski skating together! Two of the best ice dancers of all time!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Yes - imagine Navka and Staviski skating together! Two of the best ice dancers of all time!
    Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTVEAepEDWQ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I have never seen! great performance!Thanks!

vCash
    Thanks for that! I had forgotten that she was taller than him. Still some great material between them!

vCash
    That is stunning! I'm not sure if I've ever seen a man look like he's about to strike a woman on the ice! Memory fails-I'm trying to recall Boitano and Witt in "Carmen" - not sure if they had a scene where he almost hit her!

OT but my favorite Denkova & Staviski program remains their Baroque OD from 2003 Worlds-I thought it was enchanting!
    Denkova Staviski 2003 worlds OD

Back OT I'm in the minority here but I really did love Alena Leonova's "Pirates of the Caribbean" SP which was choreographed by Morosov. I especially liked it when her hair was messy-as a pirate's should be!
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 02-17-2013 at 06:46 PM.

vCash
    Is Navka older than she says she is?

vCash
    Thanks for posting. Wow, the first time I really enjoyed watching Navka on the ice. Maybe it's the hotter chemistry between her and Staviski which she never seemed to have IMO with Kostomarov, in addition to Staviski's presence and on-ice skills. Who says the male must always be taller than the female? Well, I guess that's the competitive track of fs, whereas the artistic professional performance track can be more entertaining and interesting with no holds barred.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Back OT I'm in the minority here but I really did love Alena Leonova's "Pirates of the Caribbean" SP which was choreographed by Morosov. I especially liked it when her hair was messy-as a pirate's should be!
    I think Alena's pirate program could have been something extra special, but it never quite fully gelled, IMO. There was just something off about it. Perhaps it lacked full conviction on the part of both choreographer and skater. It just seemed to be an empty exercise in jumping to Pirates of the Caribbean music in pirate regalia. The idea/ concept for the program was intriguing but it remained unrealized in performance.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 02-17-2013 at 08:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Thanks for posting. Wow, the first time I really enjoyed watching Navka on the ice. Maybe it's the hotter chemistry between her and Staviski which she never seemed to have IMO with Kostomarov, in addition to Staviski's presence and on-ice skills. Who says the male must always be taller than the female? Well, I guess that's the competitive track of fs, whereas the artistic professional performance track can be more entertaining and interesting with no holds barred.

ETA:

I think Alena's pirate program could have been something extra special, but it never quite fully gelled, IMO. There was just something off about it. Perhaps it lacked full conviction on the part of both choreographer and skater. It just seemed to be an empty exercise in jumping to Pirates of the Caribbean music in pirate regalia. The idea/ concept for the program was intriguing but it remained unrealized in performance.
    Oh well, one man's treasure is another one's trash as the saying goes. To me, Leonova's program when she was on was enchanting. I was just thinking back in his day Candeloro could've really done something with 'Pirates' as he did with his 'Godfather' and 'Three Musketeers' programs! In any event, Mirai's version remains my favorite.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567