Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Wasn't Aliona Savchenko in relationship with their coach too?
    Yeah and it may have cost them the OGM. They broke up some time around the 2009-2010 season iirc and it messed up their training dynamic for a while.

vCash
    ^^ Part of what "cost" S/S Olympic gold medal was Shen/Zhao return to the ice, and the fact S/S were not at their best during the Olympics. On-ice/ off-ice intimate or otherwise relationship dynamics are always difficult whether between skating partners or consenting student and coach.

Again, none of the above related to S/S and Steuer has anything to do with Morosov's dating habits.

vCash
    What I mean is that what caused S/S not being at their best was Savchenko and Steur's breakup.
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Part of what "cost" S/S Olympic gold medal was Shen/Zhao return to the ice, and the fact S/S were not at their best during the Olympics. On-ice/ off-ice intimate or otherwise relationship dynamics are always difficult whether between skating partners or consenting student and coach.

Again, none of the above related to S/S and Steuer has anything to do with Morosov's dating habits.

vCash
    I remember Moskvina joking that when she married her coach 'it wasn't called sexual harassment back then' or something along those lines!

vCash
    Haven't gone through the whole thread, but I think many of us saw that practice session with Dai and there Morosov look pretty freaking fantastic. He's done some crappy choreography, but he's got to be doing something right if all these great skaters continue to seek him out.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Actually it was Michelle that didn't do Chris Dean any favor by giving him credit for the version of Bolero that the public saw at 05 Nationals and Worlds. Love MK, but she really shouldn't have done that to Dean.
    That wasn't Michelle Kwan! That was the year USFS put all their support behind Imelda Marcos and she bribed Chris Dean into lending his good name toward her world domination efforts. I clearly remember that was the case

vCash
    Love this thread. I remember thinking what would FSU do without Morozov... He's like the entertainment that keeps on giving...

Personally sometimes I think relationships happen even between coach and student...Not that its right.. I think the age does matter. A 24 year old dating their coach isn't the same as an 17/18 year old IMO...

However, the icky thing about Nikolai is how habitually it happens. It seems like Steur has dated one of his students. But Nikolai and Oleg they make a habit of it... Same goes for dating the boss etc... One thing if it happens once, but when you have a habit of dating those you have that kind of power over.. I really do think there's a problem.

As for the Poor Shae Lynn. Didn't she get involved with him when he was married; I'm not so sure why anyone should feel sorry for her. I say poor wife (and mother of his child)... Who knows maybe they were seperated (although this Catholic says still not good)

Miki though I think was very young and he was I believe not married at the time, so I do feel for her. Especially since I've heard Ando is a very sweet girl.
    Last edited by bek; 02-10-2013 at 08:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    The fact they have been in an off-ice relationship is well known, and the fact he's her coach is legendary and iconic. What that has to do with Morosov's dating habits is nil.

Well, someone above wrote that among current figure skaters there are no relationships between coach and students, except of Morozov with Elena. I mentioned it to show that actually there are other couples (or ex-couples) out there. Another one was Vasiliev with Mukhortova. So it is not that rare.

vCash
    If I remember correctly, Vasiliev was with Totmianina before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post

However, the icky thing about Nikolai is how habitually it happens. It seems like Steur has dated one of his students. But Nikolai and Oleg they make a habit of it... Same goes for dating the boss etc... One thing if it happens once, but when you have a habit of dating those you have that kind of power over.. I really do think there's a problem.

As for the Poor Shae Lynn. Didn't she get involved with him when he was married; I'm not so sure why anyone should feel sorry for her. I say poor wife (and mother of his child)... Who knows maybe they were separated (although this Catholic says still not good)
    How can you be so sure that Steuer dated only one of his student? I think he dated only one we know about, but there could have been many more we don't know about. They may not have been elite athletes, or did not have such results that we would take notice... Saying that Steuer is better than Vasiliev and Morozov because it happened only once does not seem to make sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    How can you be so sure that Steuer dated only one of his student? I think he dated only one we know about, but there could have been many more we don't know about. They may not have been elite athletes, or did not have such results that we would take notice... Saying that Steuer is better than Vasiliev and Morozov because it happened only once does not seem to make sense.
    True but the other coaches are openly doing it all the time... But your right there...

vCash
    Have Steuer or Vasiliev date any 17-18 year old students?

vCash
    Don't know whether Steuer or Vasiliev dated any 17-18 year old students. But if Steuer really started dating Aliona soon after she came to Germany, it somehow seems to be much worse than whatever Morozov does, because Aliona would be dependent on Steuer much more than Elena can ever be dependent on Morozov. If Elena split up with Morozov, her skating federation would very likely try their best to support her (considering that they have been No2 dancers). Whereas Aliona had no support of her federation, was completely dependent on Steuer, alone in foreign country, possibly without being completely fluent in the language...

vCash
    Aliona was mature enough to leave Ukraine on her own in search of a partner. She was the one with experience and solid results (with S. Morozov whom she was also involved with, he left her for Tatiana Volosozhar).

I personally doubt Steuer lured her to Germany to have her under his wing and extort her.
    She was already mature enough (by that I mean in years) and had guts and brains to pull herself together to find a partner of her abilities. Besides, Steuer does not have a track record constantly being personally involved with his students as he coaches them.
    Maybe Elena will be the greatest thing that has ever happened to Morozov and him for her. Who knows. That does not change the fact that she was underage and he was in a superior position of power.

Morozov was also involved with Elene Gedevanishvilli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Aliona was mature enough to leave Ukraine on her own in search of a partner. She was the one with experience and solid results (with S. Morozov whom she was also involved with, he left her for Tatiana Volosozhar).

I personally doubt Steuer lured her to Germany to have her under his wing and extort her.
    She was already mature enough (by that I mean in years) and had guts and brains to pull herself together to find a partner of her abilities. Besides, Steuer does not have a track record constantly being personally involved with his students as he coaches them.
    You can be old enough, mature enough and still completely dependent on someone. E.G university professor and his students, or employer and employee... The difference is that if you employer is unfair, you either change the job or take him to the employment tribunal. If you are in a different country, on your own, without proper knowledge of language, you have only two choices- either endure it or go back home. going back home would count as a failure, so you might be in a position of enduring whatever comes. Being completely dependent on other people. No matter how old and mature you are. So I would still argue that Steuer was in stronger position of power towards Aliona than Morozov is towards Elena.

vCash

vCash
    ^^^ Awww, that's a nice daughter-father pic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    ^^^ Awww, that's a nice daughter-father pic.
    I was going to say that it looks like take your daughter to work day.

Also: this is on her Instagram.

vCash
    I find Morozov creapy as hell. I would never put my child, no matter boy or a girl, under his coaching. I think he affects his pupils also mentally. It's terrible to see some of his pupils at the K&C so devastateted. Amodio, Leonova, Ando, Fernandez; they all just looked so exhausted mentally sometimes. I would really like to know what kind of mental training he uses to them.

Plus, the way he touches them in the K&C makes me feel sick. If that is what he does infront of the cameras, I wonder how far he goes when they are off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    I find Morozov creapy as hell. I would never put my child, no matter boy or a girl, under his coaching. I think he affects his pupils also mentally. It's terrible to see some of his pupils at the K&C so devastateted. Amodio, Leonova, Ando, Fernandez; they all just looked so exhausted mentally sometimes. I would really like to know what kind of mental training he uses to them.

Plus, the way he touches them in the K&C makes me feel sick. If that is what he does infront of the cameras, I wonder how far he goes when they are off.
    Just peeked into this thread for the first time. Somehow I had a feeling it wasn't going to cut the mustard as a cheer thread... esp. after 4Cs.

vCash
    I just don't like his choreography. He choreographs for a lot of people, and it is always populist, and often veers into vulgar. Dai's Techno Swan was the last program that was also a work of art. Well, OK, to be fair- I can take his programs for Volosozhar/Morozov. Oda's Chaplin was good, too. But what he habitually creates for Amodio, Leonova, Voronov; what he gave for the last two years to supremely talented Ilinykh/Katsalapov is consistenly low- brow, consistenly cookie- cutter. Every choreographer have ups and downs- I looked at Lori Nichol in a new way for her programs for Carolina and (sometimes) Mao.
    I believe Morozov has some very effective training techniques, but is also extremely manipulative ( he sites it as a neccesity in one of his old interviews). Maybe it is. Whatever. Just come up with something interesting that is not intended for a cheap shock effect- like I/K's "Help me, he's been shot!" or the worst Ave Maria screech version evah. Or Amodio's lyrics and hip thrusts or Voronovs Soccer or Kovtun's 'Murka" ... and I'll forgive you. Dai's new SP does not make me feel interested either- and with the skater of Dai's caliber it's just a crime.
    Last edited by dinakt; 02-12-2013 at 03:06 AM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast