Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    ^^^ Awww, that's a nice daughter-father pic.

vCash
    Actually, I do like some of his choreography. I liked Takahashi's Swan Lake, I liked Miki's Requiem (though more the exhibition version rather than the SP version), Ilinykh and Katsalapov's Ave Maria and Schindler's list, Cohen's Moonlight Sonata (especially the version for exhibition), Volosozhar-Trankov's Black Swan...

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRIS1975 View Post
    I hate to say it but if I had no idea of their relative ages and their professional relationship, I would say they make a really attractive couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Actually, I do like some of his choreography. I liked Takahashi's Swan Lake, I liked Miki's Requiem (though more the exhibition version rather than the SP version), Ilinykh and Katsalapov's Ave Maria and Schindler's list, Cohen's Moonlight Sonata (especially the version for exhibition), Volosozhar-Trankov's Black Swan...
    Ilinykh and Katasalopov were coached by Zhulin through the end of the 2010-11 season, and he was the one who had them skate Schindler's List.

My reaction to the competitive programs you mentioned have ranged from disinterest to . I did like some of Morozov's work under 6.0 (e.g with Yagudin when he was Tarasova's assistant, and The Matrix was a great fit for Joubert), and a couple of the galas he did. As an IJS choreographer, he represents almost everything I dislike about the system with few of its positive to compensate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    My reaction to the competitive programs you mentioned have ranged from disinterest to .
    Well, everyone likes different things. If everyone liked the same, all skaters would be skating to just one type of music and it would soon get pretty boring.

vCash
    Well, everyone likes different things. If everyone liked the same, all skaters would be skating to just one type of music and it would soon get pretty boring.
    Erm....isn't that mostly what happens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Erm....isn't that mostly what happens
    Is according to you everyone skating to the same? So does that mean that you are seriously consider the same Virtue and Moir's FD to Illinykh and Katsalapov's FD? (I didn't think so!)

vCash
    Oh, I like a lot of different programs and musical styles. I just don't like the programs you mentioned

Is according to you everyone skating to the same? So does that mean that you are seriously consider the same Virtue and Moir's FD to Illinykh and Katsalapov's FD? (I didn't think so!)
    I think these two blogs posts kind of cover what Ant was referring to

He can correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

vCash
    I knew there was dislike for him here but until this thread I didn't know why. The word that keeps popping my mind is serial:
    serial laziness when it come so choreography, serial dating (pupils-marriage too) and serial drinking and spouting off. I would not want my child anywhere near him for a number of reasons.
    Last edited by Cachoo; 02-13-2013 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    To be honest I was just making a bad joke, but given all the complaints about the warhorse pieces of music, I think plenty of outside observers would think that figure skating music and performances are all much the same and truly original choreography and music are pretty rare.

I don't watch ice dance at all - I find it all boring and samey

vCash
    I wish he could fix Leonova's seriously cheated and flawed triple flip. I cringe when I see it. While I find him a bit icky, and don't always see the value in his choreo, his place in figure skating is warranted and clearly the Russian Federation has placed a large amount of faith in him. It will be interesting to see how his skaters fare collectively in Sochi. And "hooking up" in skating happens ALOT. They kind of live in a bubble and it's almost inevitable in a way. It's almost never a good idea though.

vCash
    Is it true that Morozov lives in the same house with his pupils? I read this on one gossip forum.

vCash
    I'll take Morozov's stuff over the rehashed generic crap that Zoueva throws out.

As bad as his stuff can be at least I remember it.
    Last edited by Cloudy_Gumdrops; 02-14-2013 at 10:40 PM.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Ilinykh and Katsalapov's Ave Maria and Schindler's list
    Well, Schindler's List was created by Zhulin...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    I'll take Morozov's stuff over the rehashed generic crap that Zoueva throws out.

As bad as his stuff can be at least I remember it.
    To be honest, so do I. As much as I love the skills of Virtue-Moir and Davis-White, there has been only a few programs of theirs I liked, whereas from Morozov I like the programs more often. Although I mostly agree with other people's opinion on his personal life, I do think that professionally he is pretty competent.

vCash
    Cheer thread? I cheer when he keeps his pants zipped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    I actually liked the start of your thread, but you just got -65938768357 GOE for dragging Staviski into the discussion

More seriously, I tend to seperate personal issues and professional issues: there are people I admire greatly professionally but whom I don't have any affinity with as persons, as far as I can judge them anyway. The reverse happens too.

So while I absolutely condemn Staviski for drunk-driving and am so sad for the tragic loss of life that occured as a result, that doesn't take away from the fact that he is, imo, one of the greatest ice dancers to ever grace the sport. These are seperate things

Likewise, what Morozov makes of his private life, as long as he doesn't break any law, really is none of my business. Also, I don't feel like it's my place to judge or label their relationship wrong, especially since I really don't know either of them - happiness is scarce enough as it is, if this makes them happy, then more power to them I'd say

Personally, I hope Morozov stays around FOREVAH: as someone who writes a blog on Figure Skating, he's a great escape whenever you lack inspiration to write serious stuff. Plus you can blame EVERYTHING on him - he's a godsend for all struggling FS writers out there, believe me
    I never enjoyed his dancing that much, but I liked Denkova for being the one who delivered that petition to the ISU declaring everyone in the ice dancing competition thought Galit Chait's bronze was bought. That took some guts, and she did it with a smile.

I remember the women at worlds, especially the Japanese women, going crazy over Staviski. What about his dancing made him great among the male partners? He was fast and strong, but he was also bulky and short.

2002 Worlds Ice Dance Scandal

2004 Worlds FD Denkova & Staviski

vCash
    For me, personally, Staviski had an extraordinary presence and upper-body expressiveness that none of the men post-Gwendal Peizerat had. I can't really explain it, but he just exuded something special and was extremely musical.

Even when I caught clips of some lame Russian reality dance show (where the male skaters were paired up with ballerinas), Staviski stuck out among the men. Roman Kostomorov was pretty stiff and boring to watch (just like during during his competitive days on ice).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    (with
    Maybe Elena will be the greatest thing that has ever happened to Morozov and him for her. Who knows. That does not change the fact that she was underage and he was in a superior position of power.

Morozov was also involved with Elene Gedevanishvilli.
    was or still is !!!! Rumors that at Europeans they were caught doing the "deed" .I'm sure more will come out soon enough

vCash
    Although I never liked D/S,I always thought Stavisky was an excellent dancer.
    Last edited by zotza; 02-17-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast