Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    I mean, who really uses mail anymore except to receive online purchases?
    I do. I love snail mail.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    It's not just the USPS, I've had both UPS and FedEx carriers (in both Honolulu and San Francisco) abandon packages where others can take them, and the same companies have delivery men who did other shady things like forge my name when it's delivery with a required signature, and once I caught a FedEx guy tossing my package against a wall to land on my door step.
    UPS is the worst of the three, in my experience. They ignore instructions for restricted delivery-with-signature, which generally costs more, and just dump the package on the porch with not so much as a knock. FedEx generally follows directions about restricted delivery, and failing that, at least knock on the door before dumping the package.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    There's a lot of people in this thread who don't have much experience waiting for checks to arrive in the mail.

Love,
    Independent Contractors
    One extra day honestly wouldn't kill you. Unless you needed it to pay rent that month, which would point to issues a lot more serious than late mail...

vCash
    It doesn't affect me now, as my primary work is as an employee.

But if you are trying to start a business from scratch, and you are getting the equivalent of 4 or 5 months revenue in the mail from a client, yes, it will matter. Not just the absence of delivery on Saturday but - I'm guessing - slower services generally. This is just another in a series of cuts to the postal service that has slowed down the mail and made them less competitive at a time they need to fight to keep customers and maybe win some back.

It's almost as though congress wants to give private carriers a boost or something. Funding pensions 75 years in advance? I don't get that!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    There's a lot of people in this thread who don't have much experience waiting for checks to arrive in the mail.

Love,
    Independent Contractors
    Can you not get people to pay you direct deposit? I supported myself soley as a freelance writer for a year and I never had a mailed check. I didn't know people still did that.

We have to wait for the payment from our rental, but the lease says it has to be in our hands on the 1st, so that is really the tenants problem with mailing early, rather than ours waiting for it.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash

Love,
    Independent Contractors
    I'm a contractor and my money gets direct deposited.

Which reminds me. My agency is late in paying me. Again.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Can you not get people to pay you direct deposit?
    I've worked many freelance jobs and never once been paid via direct deposit. Especially for one-off jobs, it's easier to write a check. Even my PT job at a state college isn't direct deposit.

Then again, waiting a few more days for my freelance check (which was probably mailed late already ) doesn't make much of a difference. But I have been in situations where it would.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123