Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smash: Season 2

vCash

Smash: Season 2

Is anyone else watching? I'm so excited--I almost watched Glee I was so desperate

So far it's soapy, soapy, soapy and I LOVES IT. I love the direction it's going so far, and they have forever earned by undying loyalty by using "Don't Dream it's Over" by Crowded House and use it well in terms of the musical arrangement and how it was used in the show.

I'm not even minding Idol girl so much this time around.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    me! me! me!

vCash
    I just finished my season 1 binge-watch right before the new episodes started. Intriguing so far...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I love the direction it's going so far, and they have forever earned by undying loyalty by using "Don't Dream it's Over" by Crowded House and use it well in terms of the musical arrangement and how it was used in the show.
    I know you're not watching Glee anymore, but just letting you know that the kids on Glee also sang that song this season. Crowded House must be making money for the first time in YEARS.

vCash
    It was pretty good for a start. However, the number with Jack and his fantasy of all the women singing The Eurythmics "Would I Lie To You" to him was bad. Like, cringeworthy bad. I'd have cut that scene in a heartbeat.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I ignored that scene. Was otherwise cautiously optimistic about the start. Still waaaaay too much Julia for my liking, but digging Jennifer Hudson, the evolution of Ivy, and how they are going to keep all these peoples' lives intertwined while Bombshell is in production/on hiatus/back in production.

MORE EILEEN PLS!

and I kinda miss Terrible Ellis
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    It was pretty good for a start. However, the number with Jack and his fantasy of all the women singing The Eurythmics "Would I Lie To You" to him was bad. Like, cringeworthy bad. I'd have cut that scene in a heartbeat.
    Agreed. It was terrible. Embarassing.

And Glee did a better version of Don't dream it's over IMO.

But they cleverly stayed away from the interpersonal relationships outside of the show for the most part. The Julia/ Frank relationship had to have some resolution. And I was glad that she finally stopped moping. I don't hate Katherine McPhee like a lot of people here. And i can actually see why Derek wanted her for Marilyn. She does have a more innocent vulnerability that Megan Hilty IMO doesn't have for the character. Megan is a far better and more dynamic singer and character though. But she comes across as the manufactured by Hollywood Marilyn. While I think Katherine seems like Norma Jean. Katherine's character needs to grow some balls though. She is becoming a little too insipid. She was most interesting in her face-off with Ivy at the party. The new guy was cute and a great singer but he better stop being a huge jerk soon.

This show is best when it stays in the confines of the show business stories. That's what I liked about it this week. And I hope Derek starts to be redeemed a little or stop being so selfish. it looks like they might head that way. I would prefer him to keep his arrogant snark. But the womanizing is making him a bit pathetic to be honest. Having said that I do think he has great chemistry with McPhee.

vCash
    It was interesting how they went in and tried to clean up a lot of things in a short period of time.

vCash
    I thought McPhee was really bland (and it's not just the character IMO). However, Megan Hilty, Angelica, Houston, and some of the rest of the cast brought some nice spirit to the episode. Despite her Oscar, I don't think that Jennifer Hudson is that convincing of an actress but she has way more screen presence than McPhee.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i liked the song megan sang at the end

i still try to pretend mcphee isnt there, she's not annoying, she's a good singer, but overall she adds no value for me
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    I thought McPhee was really bland (and it's not just the character IMO). However, Megan Hilty, Angelica, Houston, and some of the rest of the cast brought some nice spirit to the episode. Despite her Oscar, I don't think that Jennifer Hudson is that convincing of an actress but she has way more screen presence than McPhee.
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i liked the song megan sang at the end

i still try to pretend mcphee isnt there, she's not annoying, she's a good singer, but overall she adds no value for me
    I TOTALLY AGREE! Megan is the true Marilyn. Just one look at her gives me Marilyn vibe I hope they change their diva and give McPhee that new musical. She's really pretty and looks like Marilyn when make up and wig are on but other than those, nothing special really.

vCash
    I love the show, but I'm not on the Megan Hilty bandwagon. I find her annoyingly fake.

vCash
    So what do you think about the scene where Ivy apologized to Karen? Hilty doing a TV-good job of acting Ivy being sincere? Or Hilty showing Ivy doing a good job of acting?

vCash
    Hilty is beyond overrated.

I haven't seen the episode yet. How is the real estate? Did Julia keep the Brownstone?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Julia is shacking up on Tom's couch

I like both Megan Hilty and Katherine McPhee.

I lived Dev and was sad his character was written out (with barely a quickly scanned letter to acknowledge him!), but from the beginning of the show I thought it was unrealistic that a small-town girl just arrived in the Big Apple to launch a career on Broadway would stay with her college (or was it high school?) sweetheart for long, and there's no other connection to the show to keep him there.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Is anyone else watching? I'm so excited--I almost watched Glee I was so desperate
    Apparently not! The ratings were just awful. If those ratings keep up it will be canceled.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I just watched it last night and I thought it was well done. They should have never moved it from Monday and its lead in was a snooze, as much as love Betty White.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Apparently not! The ratings were just awful. If those ratings keep up it will be canceled.
    This is the thing. People are reluctant to invest time in a show that looks like it may be cancelled.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Smash: Season 2

It's in the 2nd season. Those who wanted to invest time would have already done so.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast