vCash

Scott Hamilton & Evan Lysacek to appear on Today Show 2/6/13 to promote Sochi 2014

Scott Hamilton will join the TODAY team to take a look at what's ahead in figure skating, and Olympian Chuck Berkeley will discuss what's new in bobsledding. The 2010 Men's Figure Skating Olympic champion, Evan Lysacek, will perform live on The Rink at Rockefeller Center.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...8gFrZA8DhBP.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    ....Evan Lysacek, will perform live on The Rink at Rockefeller Center.

Yeah, as if he'll be in Sochi. It could be worse; they could use the spot to tout Gracie Gold and not even mention Ashley...but they wouldn't dare do that. Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, SkateFan!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Sarah Hughes tweeted that she will be there, too.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I'm just wondering if Sarah will be going as a spectator or as a commentator.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Yeah, as if he'll be in Sochi. It could be worse; they could use the spot to tout Gracie Gold and not even mention Ashley...but they wouldn't dare do that. Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, SkateFan!
    Uhm, they did mention Ashley and Gracie. And most of the US team would be heading for 4CC today (or already there), so wouldn't be able to perform.

Did Evan perform a variation of his competitive program? I don't know if he should compare himself so directly to Lambiel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Did Evan perform a variation of his competitive program? I don't know if he should compare himself so directly to Lambiel.
    He did use the music that Lambiel used in his Poeta program. And yes, I don't think he should

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Please knock off the Gracie Gold bashing.

vCash
    Before the Evan piece, Scott provided an overview of 'skaters to look for' in Sochi. For ladies, he mentioned Ashley, Gracie and....Alissa Czisny. (Really, Scott? How about Zawadsky or Hicks or Gao or Mirai...before Czisny.)

FSFan107 - You overreact, so pls cool it. I do not bash Gracie...but I DO bash NBC and USFSA for slobbering over her during the past few months, as if she were the sure champion/miracle for 2014. While this morning's TODAY Show preview was tamed down and Scott did not over-do it, co-host Natalie Morales could not help but interject "Gold! What a great name, woohoo!" as Scott talked.