Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    They re-shoot those made for tv ice-shows when the skaters fall? Those shows are not my cup of tea and I'd rather watch competitions, but that fact surprises me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    They re-shoot those made for tv ice-shows when the skaters fall? Those shows are not my cup of tea and I'd rather watch competitions, but that fact surprises me.
    I remember Christine Brennan writing about that when Boitano or Browning (one of those guys) kept having to do re-take after re-take until he got it right. The audience applauded, but Brennan was critical because that pro special was listed under NBC's Sports programming not entertainment.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Common practice. I went to several tapings of SOI back in the day, and they always asked the audience to stick around for the reshoots.

vCash
    Yes. They have the skaters re do the jumps they missed and edit them in. At the most recent Barry Manilow special Barry Manilow and Kimmie Meissner had to redo a whole number because Kimmie was having trouble with her costume backstage and missed most of the number.

vCash
    How does Oksana support herself these days? I don't think she coaches.

vCash
    So sad it's come to this for Oksana. She really was extremely fortunate to have had a pro career during the most profitable time in skating history. All she had to do was take advantage of all the opportunities that come from being the reigning Olympic champion. Then, take the money and save/invest. She should have been set for life, if she was wise. Unfortunately, she probably blew all the money she made. So now it's come to this - grasping at straws to get every penny and burning all her bridges in the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I won't comment on her lawsuit/relationships/fashion sense/boozing/face, but I do wish Oksana to find some inner-peace, something she is clearly lacking.
    Me too. I was such a fan back in the day. I was just a young teen myself at the time she competed and I remember her being such a breath of fresh air! When nutcracker on ice came to town the year after the Olympics I begged my mom to take me and seeing her skate live was such a thrill.

So sad it has come to this.

vCash
    Oksana seemed to be doing fine as of a few months ago. She had a FB page where she would post photos that showed her at skating practice, going out to dinner with her fiancee, decorating her Christmas tree, etc. In other words, her life looked very normal and Oksana herself came off as witty and likeable. She took her FB page down about a month or so ago. Her fan page is still up, but it doesn't have the kinds of photos and posts that her personal page had. It does mention a clothing line that is in development.

Whatever is going on, I hope she's all right.

vCash
    The only one I ever went to we saw Nancy Kerrigan try and try and try again to land a jump. They wanted the audience to stay and cheer for retake after retake.....

Never went to another one and like you those shows don't do much for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyskater View Post
    So sad it's come to this for Oksana. She really was extremely fortunate to have had a pro career during the most profitable time in skating history. All she had to do was take advantage of all the opportunities that come from being the reigning Olympic champion. Then, take the money and save/invest. She should have been set for life, if she was wise. Unfortunately, she probably blew all the money she made. So now it's come to this - grasping at straws to get every penny and burning all her bridges in the process.
    She was only sixteen. How many sixteen year-olds think about the future? She also looked like she went through a delayed puberty when she stopped training. She wasn't the same skater who won the OGM.

vCash
    I just hate to watch these slow-motion implosions in which the likely grim ending is telegraphed far in advance. I can only hope that she makes a U-turn and doesn't suffer the fate of Christopher Bowman.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Oh dear. I wonder what's happened with the previous lawsuit?

Might be good if kind admins can join this to the old thread as I recall there was much discussion that is still relevant to this latest development.
    It's a bit late for that by now (sorry, just now reading this thread), but here is the old thread if someone wants to read up on the Morris lawsuit:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...hreads-merged)

And if you would like to skip many of the same comments posted in this thread and go right to the lawsuit, details are posted here: http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/11/21/52475.htm

This is her Morris agency lawyer's Martindale-Hubbell profile: http://www.martindale.com/Michael-Ei...er.htm?view=cr, for what it's worth. Based on that, I wouldn't classify him as a lawyer likely to file frivolous lawsuits, so I would think there is something to what she says.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Any news on how her last lawsuit ended?

If it is true that she has substance abuse issues, then she probably blew all her money there.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Any news on how her last lawsuit ended?
    She just filed it in November. I doubt if it's gone to court yet.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    She just filed it in November. I doubt if it's gone to court yet.
    Ah, alright I thought it was filed a few months earlier than that. Thanks.

vCash
    Oksana must be desperate for money. So sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    She was only sixteen. How many sixteen year-olds think about the future? She also looked like she went through a delayed puberty when she stopped training. She wasn't the same skater who won the OGM.
    That is so true. It's too bad she didn't have a supportive mother or father helping her during this time. They would have realized how important putting money away would be. She really could have had a large amount of money saved with the many opportunities she was given. Even an out-of-shape OGM will still get a lot of offers. It's great for marketing to say you have an OGM in your show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    How does Oksana support herself these days? I don't think she coaches.
    Last spring she was shopping herself around rinks in NJ, touting a skating academy concept and looking for a deal to set up shop with herself as head coach. I didn't hear that she found any takers, though.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    That is so true. It's too bad she didn't have a supportive mother or father helping her during this time. They would have realized how important putting money away would be. She really could have had a large amount of money saved with the many opportunities she was given. Even an out-of-shape OGM will still get a lot of offers. It's great for marketing to say you have an OGM in your show.
    Given she was 16 and legally a minor, SOMEONE should have had control/trusteeship. Though IIRC (I think from Brennan's first book) both Galina and Petrenko said people tried to help Oksana, but she was hard to get through to, even after the first DUI. And of course a trustee wouldn't have helped once she was legal age (you can set trusts to be accessible at ages other than just 18) and could control the money herself.

She was never my favorite, but I hope she turns herself around before she goes down the same road as Bowman.

vCash
    I don't really see any information on that lawyer. It says he had a 5 from his peers, but if lawyers are like physician, they give each other the benefit of the doubt. You need to ask specific questions to get the right answer. She does seem to have a lot of fans here, but I'm just surprised that her name would bring any extra $$$. I thought they had her in shows to help her out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast