Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

New law suit from Oksana Baiul

Second law suit in a brief period. The first one was IIRC against Wm Morris. Now it's Disson Skating and NBC. Well, most of the deep pockets have been sued. Somehow this is profoundly sad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1255295
    Last edited by Willowway; 02-06-2013 at 12:12 AM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Oh dear. I wonder what's happened with the previous lawsuit?

Might be good if kind admins can join this to the old thread as I recall there was much discussion that is still relevant to this latest development.

vCash
    Yeah, this does seem sad, as is that sheer semi-nude dress NY Daily News decided to post of her.

Quadless
    vCash
    That dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    That dress.
    And add to that the obvious perspiration marks ....

vCash
    Although The Agency Group is mentioned as repping her at the time of the interaction with Disson Skating (which had to be at least several years ago), she is no longer on their roster.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    does her boyfriend/manager represent anyone but her?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I suspect this story is going to have a sad ending. She is burning all her bridges.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Oksana is not well. The girl has serious mental/substance abuse issues. The way she has behaved in public over the past 15 years is ridiculous. Remember Family Feud when she was so drunk she could barely function? I recall hearing about a FS at a professional competition in the early 2000's that a network couldn't air because she flashed her tits. This latest lawsuit is frivolous. I imagine Scott Hamilton who has always praised her is upset by this. You know I have seen a lot on tour. I should write a book! Maybe it would peak interest in our struggling sport.

vCash
    Steve Disson, who in my experience (well over 10 years since I first met him) is an extremely nice guy, was kind to give her an extra chance. To use an oft-quoted phrase, "No good deed goes unpunished."

Banned Member
    vCash
    Oksana boozed her way out of the Tom Collins tour and has been lying about her sobriety ever since. She used to like to roll on ecstasy before a competition. It's a wonder she isn't dead. If we can forgive Oksana for her ways, surely we could have given Harding another chance! There were many times when Bauil was spotted shoveling coke backstage and at parties in recent years. I think she's about had it if nobody intervenes. So sad. Another wasted talent along with Harding, Bowman.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Clearly you haven't forgiven Oksana for her ways.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Banned Member
    vCash
    I haven't CLEARLY forgiven Oksana because unlike Harding she continues to lie and hasn't gotten well. I am not angry at Oksana. I am worried that she will go down the same road as Bowman. Somebody needs to reach out to her. Weir is friends with her and he jokes that she is "a hot mess" instead of trying to help!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Weir is a self obsessed self-serving, shallow little boy. Instead of joking about her illness, he needs to do something. That's the problem with figure skating. Everything is sugar coated and swept under the carpet because we forget that skaters are human. They are still caught up on the Sonya Henje days and Dorothy Hamill days when skaters couldn't be athletes but had to be Ice Princesses! It is a shame. Dana Plato could have been a great skater. I had the pleasure of seeing her skate in the late 70's.

vCash
    Well, the good news is that whatever Oksana did to her face wore off, and whoever did her botox has a wonderful hand. The see through pit stained dress is unfortunate, but her face and hair look great.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Here, troll, troll, troll... Here, troll, troll, troll...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    As though she hasn't done enough harm to herself. Looks like she now has a boyfriend/agent to help seal the deal.There are some mistakes that can not be forgotten. I should shut up because I've never been much of a fan. Way to much drama. Oh, that dress.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    What has Oksana done that needs forgiving from you? That makes no sense to me. I'm sure she has made plenty of bad decisions but I don't need to forgive her for anything and I doubt anyone here does either.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    What has Oksana done that needs forgiving from you? That makes no sense to me. I'm sure she has made plenty of bad decisions but I don't need to forgive her for anything and I doubt anyone here does either.
    I fully agree with you BigB08822, but there is no harm in asking why she has posted and tweeted about being out at vodka bars. I have not been a close watcher of Oksana over the years, but didn't she once publicly admit to having an alcohol problem? Feel free to correct me if this is wrong.

Oksana will hopefully not be hated by fans for any apparently erratic behavior or business disagreements. She remains a very important figure in the history of the sport, and she gave up her childhood to acheive what she did, so yes I hope people don't feel the need to judge her too harshly for personal problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyahardly View Post
    Oksana boozed her way out of the Tom Collins tour and has been lying about her sobriety ever since. She used to like to roll on ecstasy before a competition. It's a wonder she isn't dead. If we can forgive Oksana for her ways, surely we could have given Harding another chance! There were many times when Bauil was spotted shoveling coke backstage and at parties in recent years. I think she's about had it if nobody intervenes. So sad. Another wasted talent along with Harding, Bowman.
    Sounds like a good time gal. Ill invite her to my next party.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast