Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Virtue and Moir #38: Simply Timeless

Carry on everyone.

Interesting. http://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/the-next-step-for-canadian-skating-stars/

Tessa on that press conference in Sochi:

“I think some of the things we were honest about at that press conference would come as no surprise to Marina. She was very aware of the situation. Any awkwardness that we feel now, we’ve been feeling for a little while anyway.”

I like this frank Tessa.

Also like that the two teams had a chance to talk. Very positive.
    Last edited by Golightly; 03-03-2014 at 11:12 PM.

vCash
    i wish it were v/m that would participate in shows like DWTS (if they have something similar in canada) just to witness their gifts on the dancefloor, but it would be interesting how d/w will fare in that show--like how DANCEY they can get on the dancefloor without the benefit of all the on-ice smoke and mirrors they've been flouting as ice-dancing

vCash
    If they're doing that, they won't be partners. Doesn't one get a star or something? I hate that show, I find it ridiculous. I prefer the one with real dancing, So You Think You Can Dance.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Where are those quotes from Tessa on Smith's blog coming from? An interview?

ETA: Just read the previous thread... press conference.

vCash
    DWTS is not a good show and it's kind of a weird, head-scratchy choice for me personally, but hey, figure skaters and their reality shows...

Tessa would clean. it. up. on a show like DWTS - she is such a phenomenally talented dancer. Seeing her do things like the samba FD and group choreography where everybody else looks awkward and unsure really proves that.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Cherub. It seems Skate Canada had some sort of press conference today. I don't see anything on their website or twitter but I've seen various tweets with quotes from them. Must have been a notice sent out to press.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    If they're doing that, they won't be partners. Doesn't one get a star or something? I hate that show, I find it ridiculous. I prefer the one with real dancing, So You Think You Can Dance.
    yes, they won't be partners in a show similar to dwts. it's dance-lite. SYTYCD might be a little too tasking on v/m who has had a history of injuries. even though tessa has had ballet background, she has not been doing it mainly and on the floor as the other participants on that show would have been.

vCash
    Cannot wait to see V/M work with some new people.

I sense things must be tense between them and Marina. I get the feeling that Tessa especially is not happy with her (I got that sense from the reality show). Definitely seems like IF they were to continue on that they would not be coached by her.

It's too bad that V/M didn't see the Marina problem before it was too late.

vCash
    Yeah, it's too bad. But I'm glad they're at least speaking out. Other teams that were dumped by her stayed quiet.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    It's a shame the last two years went the way they did. I think by the time they realized Marina wasn't interested in helping them repeat it was too late. This was my biggest worry for them, that they would realize the truth too late and have a nagging wonder of what could have been.

But at least whatever they do going forward they will finally experiment free of Marina.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Marina's choreography is getting seriously stale and recycled anyway, you can seriously pick out all the Canton programs each year from a lineup. The best choreography she ever did was Umbrellas of Cherbourg and Mahler, IMO. I doubt she had much of a hand in Carmen.

vCash
    Carry on everyone.

Interesting. http://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/...skating-stars/

Tessa on that press conference in Sochi:

“I think some of the things we were honest about at that press conference would come as no surprise to Marina. She was very aware of the situation. Any awkwardness that we feel now, we’ve been feeling for a little while anyway.”

I like this frank Tessa.
    Golightly finally last names on the thread. I was afraid someone else would make and leave them out as usual

I like this frank Tessa too. She hit Zoueva right on the head with this one. All of what we have been talking about these last 2 seasons about Zoueva has been correct all along. And people have been called delusional or crazy by a certain someone. I guess that makes us all collective shitheads

I do worry, though, that if D/W are retiring, and the chance that V/M continue that V/M will go back to Zoueva. I would rather them retire in that case.

vCash
    i'd hate for v/m to be put on as winning just because d/w arent there. we all know that shouldn't have been the case if v/m's programs had been scored fairly, but if v/m do decide to continue and win, to casual fans, any subsequent win will ring hollow just because their rivals/competitors arent around to give them a valid challenge. so i'd rather that v/m retire.

vCash
    I think if you think Virtue and Moir are the superior team, which they are, then the rest of your statement is vast contradiction. I don't care if DW retire or not, that won't define Virtue and Moir's accomplishments in any way should they decide to continue.

vCash
    I think if you think Virtue and Moir are the superior team, which they are, then the rest of your statement is vast contradiction. I don't care if DW retire or not, that won't define Virtue and Moir's accomplishments in any way should they decide to continue.
    This! I will settle for anything they care to give us. They know in their hearts (as do we) that they won the gold. Carol, Kurt already admitted this, although indirectly. I feel most sad for D/W because they must know it was going to be given to them regardless of their skate (IMHO)

vCash
    Exactly. They can not decide their lives/career based on what someone else does or doesn't do. That's not what V/M have ever been about. They've never taken the easy way out and they've always done things on their terms. It's part of the reason why we love them so much, why they're admired and respect by coaches, fans and their fellow skater. I don't want them to change that about themselves regardless of who does or doesn't retire and regardless of what a judge chooses to do to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Exactly. They can not decide their lives/career based on what someone else does or doesn't do. That's not what V/M have ever been about. They've never taken the easy way out and they've always done things on their terms. It's part of the reason why we love them so much, why they're admired and respect by coaches, fans and their fellow skater. I don't want them to change that about themselves regardless of who does or doesn't retire and regardless of what a judge chooses to do to them.
    Exactly! The decision of not going to the world's says it all. They will do things on their own terms, and I for one support them no matter what.

vCash
    I uploaded the vid of Tessa and Scott teaching the kids ^_^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zTc0S2fG8E

vCash
    Giving back...............I love it, and both Patrick and Tessa and Scott look like they're having a blast. I also noticed Brad Jacobs in the 1st pic. (Gold in curling) and I am just as big a fan of him and his team as of Patrick et al
    Addicted to FSU

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast