View Poll Results: Which were the the best 3 FDs of the OG winners?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1976 Pakhomova and Gorshkov

11 5.79%
  • 1980 Linichuk and Karponossov

1 0.53%
  • 1984 Torvill and Dean

126 66.32%
  • 1988 Bestemanova and Bukin

8 4.21%
  • 1992 Klimova and Ponomarenko

102 53.68%
  • 1994 Grishuk and Platov

8 4.21%
  • 1998 Grishuk and Platov

27 14.21%
  • 2002 Anissina and Peizerat

16 8.42%
  • 2006 Navka and Kostomarov

4 2.11%
  • 2010 Virtue and Moir

109 57.37%
  • 2014 Davis and White

69 36.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Top 3 FDs of the winning teams in the Olympics

Which are the best 3 FDs of the OG winners?

vCash
    V&M, D&W, and K&P were my votes.

vCash
    K&P, G&P (98), D&W for me.

It is shocking that I left out T&D's iconic Bolero, but I thought everyone else will vote for it. To me, it was a ground breaker in ice dance, and I still enjoy watching it. It was also hard for me to not pick V&M's FD in 2010; it was gorgeous. This is a tough poll.

vCash
    T and D, D and W, V and W with a close 4th place to K and P (and I would probably tie D/W and V/M's respective gold performances.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    This is a tough poll.
    It is also tough for me. I asked for the best free dances, but I think it's impossible to be objective. For instance, I realise that 2010 V/M dance was a very good FD, but I'm sorry if it sounds blasphemous, it was boring IMHO. Their FD to Pink Floyd music from 2009 was so much more interesting.

Anyway it's nice to see that there are people who vote both for D/W and V/M. Sometimes I have the impression that you should be the fan either of one team or the other. It's good there are people who don't think that way.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    K&P, T&D, and I'm the weirdo who went with A&P's Liberta - love that program, and I'm glad I'm not literally the only one....

vCash
    A&P's Liberta - love that program, and I'm glad I'm not literally the only one....
    I also love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coraczek View Post
    It is also tough for me. I asked for the best free dances, but I think it's impossible to be objective. For instance, I realise that 2010 V/M dance was a very good FD, but I'm sorry if it sounds blasphemous, it was boring IMHO. Their FD to Pink Floyd music from 2009 was so much more interesting.

Anyway it's nice to see that there are people who vote both for D/W and V/M. Sometimes I have the impression that you should be the fan either of one team or the other. It's good there are people who don't think that way.
    Well I thought it was sublime and original, Like Bolero. I find FDs skated to overused music with classical style choreogrpahy boring and unmemorable because everyone has already done it. There is nothing wrong with classical style it is just boring when everyone does the same thing. It takes a good skater to skate to subtle music.

vCash
    T and D, K and P , V and M

vCash
    Linichuk & Karpanasov's would be excellent to save money at a dental clinic. You could numb the patient and cast them into a 2 hour coma or long deep sleep just from showing the first 2 minutes of it. Actually that could be said for all their programs. Dont bother with freezing, laughing gas, sleep needles, and all that expensive nonsense.

vCash
    K&P and T&D without any doubt, since it is probably their own best FD. But for other teams, I think their Olympics FD was not their best program. Maybe V&M.

vCash
    For the best dances T/D K/P V/M but my favs G/P Memorial D/W B/B I'm utterly fed up with Bolero now

vCash
    Definitely T/D, K/P, and V/M. This poll ended up being easier than I thought. Many of the winning teams on this poll had better FDs than what they won the Olympics with, and a few Olympics had teams that didn't win who had better FDs than the gold medalist.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I am surprised D&W arent doing better on here. I thought their 2014 winning FD was stunning, precision, super polished which had been a weakness for them once, very fast, and essentialy perfect. Maybe didnt hit the emotional chord of V&M, T&D, and K&P the years they won though.

I also liked A&P's Liberty alot better than most and thought they skated it to near perfection in SLC. Dissapointed in their marks and narrow win.

2 people actually voted for N&K in 2006 and 1 for L&K in 1980 as a top 3 winning FD of all time. What are you people on. N&K only won with that generic Carmen showcasing all his weakness as a skater due to the super weak field that year, and mistakes by the only teams with the ability to beat them- D&S (all of them) and D&L. L&K didnt even deserve their 1980 win and their FD despite having some technical merits was a chore to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots39 View Post
    Linichuk & Karpanasov's would be excellent to save money at a dental clinic. You could numb the patient and cast them into a 2 hour coma or long deep sleep just from showing the first 2 minutes of it. Actually that could be said for all their programs. Dont bother with freezing, laughing gas, sleep needles, and all that expensive nonsense.
    That's a million dollar idea

P.S. I couldn't agree more! Most overrated ice dance team ever!

vCash
    Bolero would have been the best Olympic free dance ever had T&D not performed it every 5 minutes for 30 years thereafter. It has become a total joke.

Although G&P's 1998 Olympic free dance was technically in a different league, I actually prefer their 1994 performance. In 1998 G&P both looked like hell and it was obvious how much pressure they were under. They seemed tense and very nervous. Whereas in 1994 they just came out and performed with so much fire, aggression and audacity that it was impossible not to take notice.

K&P's 1992 performance was also epic.

vCash
    I hated Pasha's hair in 1998. It was much better later that year at the World Pros when she grew it out and she didn't look so old, and it wasn't that harsh blonde that washed her out.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Based on the programs themselves, I went with three consecutive winners: Torvill and Dean, Bestemianova and Bukin and Klimova and Ponomarenko.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I hated Pasha's hair in 1998. It was much better later that year at the World Pros when she grew it out and she didn't look so old, and it wasn't that harsh blonde that washed her out.
    I thought she looked so pretty with long brown hair. Natural and lovely. When it was dyed that horrid platinum blonde, she looked like someone else.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Although G&P's 1998 Olympic free dance was technically in a different league, I actually prefer their 1994 performance.
    Judging by your unconditional love for Oksana, I bet you have chosen both of those FDs as the best

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast