Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

24 Grooms Blown Away By Their Beautiful Brides

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassa...irst-time-6z51

Okay, if the first two don't make you cry, then have somebody check your pulse!

vCash
    I guess I don't cry very easily, but I thought they were all really sweet and uplifting photos.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    As someone who never sees weddings as a big deal, I guess I just don't get it Plus, I prefer number 7 rather than number 1 or 2.

I did laugh on a few of those though. 3, 5, 6, especially 6 - (my caption: OMG! boob job!). Great expressions!

vCash
    I just thought "strapless dresses are still the most popular".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthis!! View Post

I guess someone needs to check my pulse.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    I thought this was going to be some kind of listing of "True Crime" reports, where all the brides shot their husbands not long after the nuptials...

"He had it coming"
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    I thought this was going to be some kind of listing of "True Crime" reports, where all the brides shot their husbands not long after the nuptials...
    Likewise I blame FSU for making me so cynical

I'll admit that I was more moved when same-sex weddings started happening and you'd get couples who'd waited for years and even decades to get married. I may have shed a tear or two then. These were very nice, but not quite the same impact for me.

Over here brides and grooms usually do a lot of the wedding photos before the wedding, so you can't really get the same effect.

vCash
    Over here brides and grooms usually do a lot of the wedding photos before the wedding, so you can't really get the same effect.
    A lot of couples now do a staged (and photographed, of course) "first look" where the groom turns to look at the bride. Then they do all their photos.

I guess I'm evil, but a lot of those pictures just seemed like fake overreactions to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    A lot of couples now do a staged (and photographed, of course) "first look" where the groom turns to look at the bride. Then they do all their photos.

I guess I'm evil, but a lot of those pictures just seemed like fake overreactions to me.
    I imagine that didn't catch on here to the same extent because the first look thing wasn't a part of the wedding to begin with.

It's probably not fake, though I imagine people's reactions are affected by social norms and expectations about how to behave in this situation.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    No crying here either. Nothing wrong with my heart thank you very much, I almost always get teary when I'm in attendance at a wedding of people I actually know and care about. But photos of random strangers? Whatever.

I'm also incredibly cynical about so many of the traditions associated with Western weddings that have their roots in patriarchy, and the "don't see the bride before the wedding" is definitely one of those. In 2014 it seems beyond silly and pointless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I imagine that didn't catch on here to the same extent because the first look thing wasn't a part of the wedding to begin with.

It's probably not fake, though I imagine people's reactions are affected by social norms and expectations about how to behave in this situation.
    My daughter got married in September. She and her husband did a first look. Mostly because it would allow them to go to part of the cocktail hour. They got all of the bridal party photos done before the ceremony. Their first look was really lovely. We got ready at the venue, upstairs. The ceremony was outside on the lawn. They have this beautiful spiral staircase with a beautiful chandelier hanging above it. Her husband waited at the bottom stair with his back to her. And he turned around when she came down. His expression was priceless. Not exaggerated, just so full of love.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    no such luck.

I don't get why people would do first look photos (especially the more staged looking ones). Unless it's an arranged marriage to a stranger, the groom has seen his bride many many times. Does he look shocked because he's just realizing how bloody much her dress, hair and makeup cost?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    My husband arrived from Canada on Saturday & we stayed at our new apartment until our wedding a few days later on Tuesday. However I didn't let him see me until I was fully dressed. Our "first look" wasn't photographed but I still remember his face when he saw me. Let's face it, her wedding day is probably the best a woman will ever look in her life.

My husband is very sweet in this regard. When I got dressed up for our 25th anniversary he had the same look on his face when he saw me. Poor guy, he still thinks I'm beautiful.

vCash
    How does the groom have the ring on before the "first look" in some of those pics? Obviously, I've not kept up on latest wedding trends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    How does the groom have the ring on before the "first look" in some of those pics? Obviously, I've not kept up on latest wedding trends.
    A lot of people I know put there rings on before the ceremony to take pictures (taking pictures before the wedding saves a lot of your guests time), then gave them to the best man for the ceremony.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    no such luck.

I don't get why people would do first look photos (especially the more staged looking ones). Unless it's an arranged marriage to a stranger, the groom has seen his bride many many times. Does he look shocked because he's just realizing how bloody much her dress, hair and makeup cost?

Count me among the cynical. This will become yet another way for brides to feel cheated of the "perfect"wedding, when they don't look all AMAZING and the groom DOESNT give them the priceless look of everlasting love And omg it doesn't meet my absurd expectations let's get divorced.

Our expectations for weddings and marriage are so overwrought, so much of the time. (No, I'm not heartless and yes, sap that I am after 20 years of good but imperfect marriage, I cry at most weddings I attend.)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I took it as a great compliment when one of my coworkers (I invited them all to my wedding) noted how Alf was the most relaxed groom he had ever seen, walking down the aisle.

Alf is not one for overreactions. I would think there was something seriously wrong with him if he pulled one of those faces. So I don't think there's a danger of having crazy expectations for the wedding day reactions if the bride is sane and knows her groom well.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthis!! View Post

I thought the first two were especially creepy.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I thought the first two were especially creepy.
    Why "creepy"?

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    The expression on the guys' faces. But there were creepier ones. And sweet ones.

I am always amused by people who think that their reactions to things are universal though.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast