Thread: Just a whine...

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash

Just a whine...

I FINALLY found a rink with midday weekday public sessions--still might be crowded, it's a college rink, but still. Less than an hour away, a direction I go anyway, yays! I haven't skated in ages, I'll probably be sore and I ought to have my boots re-fitted (maybe the rink shop has the little oven)....

....and this morning we had yet another lake-effect snow warning, schools with two-hour delays or cancellations, and the counties plowing as fast as they can and no faster. Boo. Yes, I can go tomorrow, and I got to take the dogs (doggies + foster dog) for a long walk, but I was so excited to skate again!

vCash
    Awesome Have lots of fun back at skating!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Well, I'm gonna feel it tomorrow. And I told myself "be happy if crossovers come back right away, don't aim big." So of course I couldn't leave until I managed those, front and back, mohawks (I had to start on the boards), forward threes my "good" way (RFO, LFI), a wobbly spin (I am SO posturally out of whack) and some pre-pre level edge stuff. And met lots of nice people. I'm kind of glad, though, schedule means I will probably have to start slow. And we will see how I feel in the morning!

vCash
    Welcome back to the ice! Chances are you will be sore the next day, but it will be for a good cause -and 'good sore' .

vCash
    So glad you found somewhere to skate! It feels great when everything works out. Have fun!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I'm kind of hoping prednisone is the reason for the screaming inflamed tendons--wanted to skate 3 times this week but I really, really need to rest my legs, especially with a competition this Friday. At least the weather's cooperating to make driving really a bad idea as I'm kind of bad about listening to pain. I like how we'll just blindly trust skating people, too (yay for the very nice person who ran my skates up to Kalamazoo for sharpening! They desperately needed it.)